[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>alcohol makes me feel nervous, self aware, scared, and sad

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2101.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2101.png
4KB, 225x225px
>alcohol makes me feel nervous, self aware, scared, and sad
>marijuana makes me feel tired, scared, and anxious

Are these normal reactions to drugs? Everybody always talks about how alc and pot lessen those feelings but I've always found they amplify those feelings for me
>>
File: 1500812046762.jpg (162KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
1500812046762.jpg
162KB, 900x948px
Pot does that to me too. If a drug makes you feel that way, don't do it.
>>
>>38566754
I've refrained from doing those things for quite some time now. But I've always wondered why they have negative effects on me but positive effects for almost everybody else
>>
It's all about your frame of mind. You pop some LSD while you're going through a suicidal depressive episode, shit isn't going to end well. Likewise, if you consume anything to alter your state of reality, all the baggage in your head comes with you.
>>
>>38566857
So I guess I've got baggage that surfaces under the influence and my friends either don't have baggage or they're mentally healthy enough to deal with it appropriately
>>
>>38566733
there's always a hurdle to get through when it comes to drugs. once you get used to a drug it makes you feel really good. weed will give you anxiety and make you feel tired at first but once you get used to it it's the best thing ever. it amplifies you emotions and once you learn to control your emotions while on weed you'll get positive emotions amplified instead of negative ones. alcohol is really plebian tho. it's just a stupid numbing agent. only useful for making roasties horny.
>>
>>38567274
Yeah bro. I recently had to quit my daily smoke because I've got a tonne of baggage from my childhood and present life that I haven't adequately sorted. I used to get euphoria from smoking but it started to just depress me, occasionally making me anxious. If you've got problems, it might start out good as a stress relief but if you abuse it you arent just sweeping problems under the rug you are creating more.

What I'm doing anyway is gonna give myself a long break from any drugs, maybe try them again in a couple years with a fresh perspective. I love the altered states of awareness but its definitely not worth fucking my life over for since we all come back to the same place.
>>
>>38566857
actually I took LSD when I was so depressed I wanted to die. LSD made things better for me. it makes you face your fears and insecurities and even helps you come up with solutions to your problems. it enlightens you. it makes you directly communicate with your subconscious. it's the most magical thing ever.
>>
>>38567385
everyone is different, I still don't recommend dropping LSD while you're putting a gun into your mouth.
>>
>>38567465
I only recommend doing it if you've got some experience with drugs first so you know how to control yourself
>>
>>38567556
Yeah seriously. It's all about thinking about it as levels to a building, you just need to get used to the different floors before you start charging up to the penthouse.
>>
do mdma and feel scattered but content
>>
Marijuana makes me paranoid and my friend who smokes daily has the memory of a goldfish and is slow as fuck now so I'm not touching that shit until there are more long term studies confirming it doesn't affect your brain permanently
>>
I'm very very depressed, when sober all I think about is death but when I get drunk or high I feel great and think about life in a positive way. If only people realised that these things could help instead of hinder.

I think if I didn't have to hide the fact I get fucked up all the time I'd be in a much better place
>>
My mental processes have come to a crawl but I can't tell if that's the weed habit or the depression.
>>
>>38567695
god damn I just got high again
>>
>>38566733
Weed checks out but alcohol makes me enjoy life and not be depressed for a few hours, even turn social.
>>
>>38566733
Drugs and alcohol is not made for everyone Anon, there are people who can not use these things for various reasons. Me included, alcohol makes me sick and an angry violent drunk so I don't drink or use anything. It's my choice and really I can live without making myself aware and dull to everything just to cope with life another week.
>>
>>38567658
All side effects are temporary and will gradually lessen the longer you abstain from smoking.
>>
>drinking makes me super happy
>but also develop a very dark and fucked up sense of humor
>drinking lets me view my depression in a happy way
>make jokes about dying, laugh hysterically
>feel absolutely amazing, not sad at all
>thinking about death and all the suffering in the world actually makes me happy instead of sad
>end up polishing off a handle in a few hours to a day every few weeks
>tfw can't drink because I like how it makes me feel too much
>>
>>38567344
I get the opposite desu after a few years of smoking weed i feel like its such a chore

I never get tired of mdma or lsd tho
>>
>>38568375
>i think death and sad stuff is funny! xDDD
off yourself
>>
>>38568822
Only when I'm blasted. The pic I posted expresses exactly how I feel when I'm drinking
>>
>>38566733
The alcohol part is definitely not the norm. Alcohol should relax you. And I don't mean in the same way weed does (lots of people get anxiety from weed).
>>
>drinking lets me able to objectively see my actions from a third person and act accordingly
>alcohol turns me into a functioning normie
>can control myself and hold my liquor extremely well
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.