[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ask "gamer" normie what his favorite game is >it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 18

File: 1500494900141.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500494900141.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
>ask "gamer" normie what his favorite game is
>it's call of duty, be hasn't played anything else
>ask "book nerd" normie whore what her favorite book is
>it's twilight, she hasn't read anything else either
>ask "otaku" normie what his favorite anime is
>it's Naruto, he hasn't actually even seen it but heard about it, hasn't watched a single anime

Why do normies pretend to like stuff?
>>
File: ghg.jpg (163KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
ghg.jpg
163KB, 900x948px
>>38566479
hello hhaahhaa nicerer
>>
>>38566479
>ask "book nerd" normie whore what her favorite book is
>it's twilight, she hasn't read anything else either
Harry Potter is more common. The amount of "bookish" girls I see on Normiebook that read nothing but Harry Potter is unreal.
>>
>>38566479
Normies to me are people with no passion for anything, they don't even dip their feets in no goes let alone immerse themselves and lose them selves in it.

I hate fight fan normies and car normies the most.
>>
>>38566535
Fuck I hate this phone I didn't type no go I ment hobbies
>>
File: 1333417685731.jpg (132KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1333417685731.jpg
132KB, 700x1000px
>>38566479
It's an identity thing I think, some people want to enjoy the cultural implications of being the "nerd" without bothering with what makes someone that to begin with. Nerd is still "trendy" as an identity.
>>
>>38566575
I once knew a girl in high school that was obsessed with Final Fantasy 7 and cosplayed as characters and would say shit like "praise Jenova". Turns out she had never ever played the game, she had seen Advent Children.
>>
>>38566479
>normie from highschool posts on fecebook that he's a HARDCORE ANIME OTAKU and just LOVES anime
>get excited and message him, since I might be able make a friend, I never talked to him in HS but who cares
>talk a bit about anime
>turns out he's just started watching bleach a we few days ago
>for some Rea retarded reason he starts watching from the middle of the series
>doesn't have a clue what even the word he shamelessly throws around, otaku, means

>>38566593
Holy shit that's fucking painful just to imagine, just think about it, they're so desperate for attention that they latch on to anything that might give the slightest bit of attention, without considering what even the thing is
Pathetic
>>
>>38566593
>>38566625
Honestly I think she just sounds austistic as fuck, shit like that is wildly inappropriate. She probably was just a giant fan of the movie, but it's sad in its own right to be so obsessed with something that has such a narrow scope and not even understand the source material.

But then the high school I went to was pretty accepting of that sort of thing so she might have been one of those anime club-style attention whores.
>>
File: 1500280178272.jpg (6KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
1500280178272.jpg
6KB, 237x213px
>>38566593
Never knew there is a FF movie. Is it good?
>>
>>38566714
>Honestly I think she just sounds austistic as fuck
Well, as far as I am aware, her grandparents were first cousins.
>>
>>38566723
not even remotely.
muted muted muted
>>
>>38566723
If you're a weeb that has never played Final Fantasy 7, no, it still isn't good then.
>>
>>38566723
Its alright, doesn't have the depth of the games but it has some good action scenes if you're into that
>>
>>38566532
Can confirm there are more that just read Harry potter. It annoys the shit out of me.
>>
>>38566858
DILLY DALLY SHILLY SHALLY
>>
File: 1471330433277.jpg (87KB, 358x447px) Image search: [Google]
1471330433277.jpg
87KB, 358x447px
Anyone else here really hate ironic weebs?
>claims to be a huge weeaboo
>posts with anime reaction images, avatars, Steam profile decked out with anime background and badges
>next to zero playtime in Japanese games besides Souls and Nintendo ones, watches flavor of the month anime and that's it, doesn't listen to Japanese music, thinks genuinely enjoying Nip stuff is "cringey"
They're ten times worse than pretenders for anything else
>>
>>38566479
>be in middle school
>see some Korean chick hang out with nerds a lot
>find out she likes anime
>turns out its just bleach and some detective one that is super long running (not a seen so I never bothered to remember)
>find out she hangs out with a bunch of normalfags as well
>to make things worse find out all her """"okatu friends"""" have only surface-level interest in anime and stuff, somewhere below normalfags but well above cyborgs
I have come to the conclusion that true robots are always introverted and have no real friends. Anybody with friends feels compelled to watch whatever they watch to remain cool, leading to a conformity of normalfag boringness.
>>
>>38567034
>cyborgs
"Cyborgs" are just failed normies. So yes.
>>
>>38567034
If you are referring to Detective Conan as "some detective one" you are just as normie as them.
>>
>>38567033
Thats pretty much a pretender anon
>>
>>38567114
The thing is no one ever calls them out on it, even on 4chan

SFTs and Discords are proof of it
>>
>>38567058
>3 adaptions
>7th best selling manga of all time
>over 25 seasons
Face it, it is just as normie as dragon ball or naruto or bleach or whatever.
>>
>>38567124
Really? I don't think we have too many pretenders actually. I mean this is an anime website, plus there's a whole board >>>/a/ dedicated to anime
>>
>>38567139
I never implied it wasn't normie. I implied that you not knowing that it was Detective Conan is normie.
>>
>>38567144
No, we definitely do. Lurk those threads and you'll see what I mean
>teehee I'm SUCH a weeaboo
>no I only like YRYR, Love Live, New Game and Umaru
>300 hours in Souls and owns no other Japanese games
Friggen eric
>>
>>38567033
>>38567124
These whores have absolutely no ordinal thought, and instead become cookie-cutter faggots. If you were to ask one of them about their interests very deeply, they would be at a loss for words, since they are such shallow, stupid, and non-sentient creatures.
>>
>>38567172
My apologies, that was middle school and well over a decade ago. I haven't seen much anime since.
>>
>>38567194
>If you were to ask one of them about their interests very deeply
They'd call you weird or obnoxious or a "know it all" if you tried that.
>>
>>38567174
What if i dont play much for games but ive seen close to 600 shows
>>
>>38567309
That's fine but let's be realistic none of those people are in your position
>>
>>38567309
This
I've seen thousands of hours of anime, partly since its my only source of emotional stimulation
>>
>>38567208
>takin some autists opinion seriously
just say sure man and move on
>>
>>38566479
people that base their identity around "liking X thing" or "being an X" usually aren't that into it
>>
>>38567033
What I hate about the ironic weeb craze is that it's based on insecurity (when it isn't just simple posturing and trying to superficially fit in). They don't want to be serious about things that don't have sufficient social approval, so they hide behind irony and self-deprecation and pre-emptively trashing everything before others can do it. This is actually the norm in the Western anime/"otaku" community. "Anime is trash and so am I" is the new rallying cry of r/anime (that's an actual quote from some popular youtuber). But this isn't just a mere act, they are always keeping themselves at a distance from Japanese media. They can't get too close and too serious, otherwise they might really become "weebs" and get laughed at by Chad.
>>
>>38567558
How right you are anon. They only care about social status and not about having any sort of deep interest or hobby.
>>
File: kikestoklasa.jpg (10KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
kikestoklasa.jpg
10KB, 220x229px
>huge television fan
>most people know this about me, I'm even going to writing classes to write for television
>normie girl finds out about this and asks me if I like Big Bang Theory
>literally laugh at her and say "of course not"
>"but anon I thought you said you liked television! How can you not like the Big Bang Theory"
>mfw
>>
>>38567622
>watch a few episodes of the 1st season before it got popular
>realize normalfags ruined what could have been a decent show
>>
>jerking off to a cosplay
>wonder is she knows what the fuck she's doing
>think probably not
>lose boner
>>
>>38567558
i dont know if im an ironic weeb or not
>i have watched 60+anime
>i have read around 10
>talk about anime only with my friends that watch anime and not very
>have some weeb games like naruto or jojos all star battle
>dont listen to japanese music and nightcore because its mostly shitty
>not interested in weeb
>think of people that have anime as a main factor in their life pathetic
>>
>>38567033
>watches flavor of the month anime and that's it,
That's probably the worst part of it. Some of them even start to defend the flavor of the month anime like it's their seasonal holy grail though they are faggots like anon described.

There peak was last summer season with Re:zero. I've even seen a comparison chart on that website with the blue bird with some 'reasons' why Re:zero is so much better than SAO. It isn't. It's the same garbage.
>>
File: DHGEDRH.jpg (80KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
DHGEDRH.jpg
80KB, 900x948px
really funny woof woof lol

you sure sound better than everyon- RU-R-RUFF RUFF RUFF
>>
>>38567920
They are not the same thing just because they share a vaguely similar concept.
>>
>>38567309
What if I've seen like 2 non-meme anime, but read a lot of manga?
>>
>>38567944
It's the same: garbage.
>>
>>38567973
Again, they are not the same thing just because they share a vaguely similar concept, and you can't reason that because SAO is garbage it must mean that Re:Zero is too. They are different, unrelated works that use a vaguely similar premise.
>>
>>38567973
nah, there's literally nothing interesting about SAO.
>>
>>38568015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colon_(punctuation)
I haven't claimed that they're the same. I'm claiming that they are both garbage.
>>38568041
Neither is there anything interesting about Re:zero
>>
>>38568068
You said "it's the same garbage," implying that they're both the same and both garbage because SAO is garbage. And you still maintain that simply saying they're both garbage is enough, as if they're so similar that no further elaboration is required (the garbage status of SAO being firmly established in the community and treated as common sense).

There's no reason to drag Re:Zero into a debate about SAO just because of a vaguely similar premise.
>>
>>38568068
>Neither is there anything interesting about Re:zero
not really.
>>
>>38567309
Probably shouldve mention thats just the stuff ive completed. I have watched maybe 1000 if i count (the massive) on hold and (not nearly as big) dropped shows
>>
>>38567309
>>38568184
Do you count separate seasons and split seasons as separate shows?
>>
>>38568204
Im just going off of what i have on myanimelist. Even specials and ova's count as one show, as well as split seasons
>>
>>38567033
I'm sort of like this
>I have an anime profile pic on one site
>I've watched only about 20 anime shows
>I have about 2 anime reaction images
>I basically don't like weebs I meet in meatspace but I like them on here
>Never touched a manga
>>
>>38567558
>They don't want to be serious about things that don't have sufficient social approval, so they hide behind irony and self-deprecation and pre-emptively trashing everything before others can do it.

this is such a fucking epidemic, ties in well with >>38566535
>Normies to me are people with no passion for anything,

this fucking attitude that if you actually like something people might call you a faggot so its safer to just hate everything for no reason and be top of the cool kids pile, calling everyone else plebs and queers for doing fucking anything is so miserable

when will it end
>>
>>38568236
I don't count split seasons, additional seasons or extra episodes separately. They amount to just one series. Going by MAL, Teekyuu is nine or ten shows, but it's all just the same show across different seasons.
>>
>>38566479
>gamer normie asks me what sort of vidya I play
>start thinking about shit like Factorio, Rimworld, grand strategy games, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate, etc. etc. etc.
>reel it in
>"RPGs and stuff."
>"Oh, like Skyrim"
>"Y-yeah, like Skyrim."
And a little part of me dies.
>>
>>38567033
I had a coworker who fit the description exactly.
>lol I'm SUCH a weeb
>only seen sailor moon and a few other popular shows
>brags about using an anime avatar
>cosplays and goes to cons despite having only seen maybe 5 series
>>
>>38567309
I've only seen 100 shows but I watch a lot of cartoons
>>
>>38568359
I just got rimworld and I'm suffering a heatwave and I'm out of steel and my fridge is basically nonfunctional and I have a colonist that's incapable of dumb labor, cooking, cleaning, basically everything and I have enough food for about 1 more day. My best colonist at fucking everything has an alcohol addiction and he's probably going to break any second. It's day 5 or something.
What the fuck do I do.
>>
>>38568302
Yet if you actually aren't sure what you like and don't put on a show of pretending to like anything you're even more shallow.

Fug this gay earth
>>
File: 1500497037248.jpg (102KB, 500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500497037248.jpg
102KB, 500x1200px
>>38567033
>Hates weebs
>Browses a chinese cartoon board
>>
>>38568658
>Hates weebs
Are you fucking illiterate? I have no problem with WEEBS. I have problems with pretenders, i.e., ironic weebs.
>>
>>38568302
This is what David Foster Wallace was getting at.
>>
>>38566479
>fake being a normies for social appearances
>irl do nothing but lift watch anime and play vidya
>never speak a word of it to any of my """"""""friends""""""""""
What does this make me
>>
>>38568599
I missed the beginning where you said you're talking about Rimworld and I got pretty confused (why does this guy have a colonist working for him).
>>
>>38568658
Niggo this is a fucking Siberian jet ski enthusiast board, not some Chinese shit.
>>
>>38567664
right? The Jokes in season 1 were real jokes not *incert random line of nerd topics* and then a laugh track.
>>
>>38568739
I'm actually a 19th century British aristocrat
>>
>>38568696
Does he get into it in Infinite Jest? It determines whether or not I read it or drop it.
>>
>>38566479
I dress up as a goth while not listening to goth music or gothic themes just to annoy real goths
>>
>not just ignoring normalshits to save yourself the anger and despair
I ignore people who claim to be "gamers", "fembots", "nerdy", "otaku", "weeb", "geek" etcetera. You need to use a filter to limit the kind of people you interact/encounter with
>"I play dark souls haha it's pretty good"
Ignored
>"Dude do you wanna play some overwatch/other online co-op gimmick of the year"
Ignored
>"dude harry pott-"
Ignored
You get the idea
>>
>>38566479
>somebody claims to be a fan of Deus Ex
>they've only played Human Revolution
everytime
>>
>>38568899
This pisses me off so much. Normies don't even know the original exists or that Human Revolution is dog shit by contrast.
>>
>>38568891
But then you'd be alone and everyone would hate you for thinking you're better than them.

>>38568899
>>38568933
Happens with every major vidya series almost
>>
>>38568948
no, only the vapid ones. i have 2 legitimate bros. And that's pretty much all I need. there are people who genuinely like their hobby and don't do it to "fit in", or follow some shitty trend.
One of my freind loves traveling. Now normally a normalfag says this for "lol so nerdy and adventurous" cred, but this guy had backpacked through 7 countries by the age of 16. Alone.Now he works as a government official in customs .
Another guy loves business. he was the major tea supplier of my city by the age of 17. Now he hires architects for real estate, owns most mosbile phone/electric appliances shops in my state.
you just need to choose non-normalfag friends, because normalfags won't unnderstand you
>>
File: 1499529354043.gif (1MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499529354043.gif
1MB, 720x720px
>try making new friends
>find common ground in something like anime or vidya
>sure it's entry level stuff but I'm actually talking to people so I don't mind
>the common ground we shared is not even tertiary in their life
>they don't even strike up a conversation anymore.

False hope is one of the most vile things man can do.
>>
File: rage.jpg (25KB, 610x396px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
25KB, 610x396px
>>38566479
>add some "robot" that says he loves games and is looking for a playmate
>talk to him and ask him to play multiple games and genres
>he refuses
>ask him what are his favorite game
>he lists 10 zombie, shooter, zombie shooter games and most of them are call of duty mods
>>
>>38569140
>one of your friends loves traveling and exploration
>another of your friends is business savvy and made his start in the tea trade
>if you lads had been born 800 years ago you three would have sailed the trade winds or led caravans through the silk roads, facing dangers and adversities as you discovered strange new lands and exotic people in your journeys for precious spices and other valuable goods

I-is it possible to get feels by proxy??
>>
>>38569608
I guess it is. i also got those feels when we got out of college, as these two fags have always been my friends. The three of us thought of starting a travelling business thing for a short while , but then life happened, and now we're all 28
>>
>>38568658
Weeaboos were always hated on 4chan idiot
>>
File: 1486112057929.jpg (31KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
1486112057929.jpg
31KB, 248x248px
man, this thread reminded me that in high school a genuinely autistic girl was in love with me and i didnt made any advances because i was embarassed to hang out with her since everyone pick on her
now that im not in school anymore, in not an insecure retard and i dont see any of my previous classmates anymore i should try and contact her
>>
>>38567622
What was your response? If I were you I would have busted her nose and raped her.
>>
>>38567033
I don't mind.
They're better than the people who obsess over Kurosawa and eastern cinema and literature. Because at they don't act like they are superior to you.
>>
>>38566479
This has literally never happened to you or anybody else, you fags have constructed a false reality in an effort to seem enlightened because the only thing keeping you from killing yourself is your own self validation.
>>
@@38570481
not even giving you a (You)
>>
>>38570481
>this has never happened to anyone
what the fuck? I mean even if you are the ultimate shut in who hasnt seen another human since 1993 you should still be bale to perfectly imagine this happening. It's not some crazy bullshit only in a tv show situation. It's incredibly banal and common. The only person desperate to self validate is you, retard.
>>
>>38570525
christ I shoulda done this too
>>
>>38566532
This trigger the /lit/
>>
File: considerkyouko.jpg (105KB, 1007x682px) Image search: [Google]
considerkyouko.jpg
105KB, 1007x682px
>>38567033
>next to zero playtime in Japanese games
You mean VNs? I'll pass.
>watches flavor of the month anime
What would I do for fun if I didn't watch seasonal anime? I also watch older anime. I'm a neet with a lot of free time.
>doesn't listen to Japanese music
I can only enjoy music when I'm drunk and I can't afford alcohol because I spend my money on old, unscanned manga.
>thinks genuinely enjoying Nip stuff is "cringey"
I'm not a big fan of tea ceremonies and flower setting, sorry.
>>
>>38570710
what is the point of this post, he wasnt asking you any questions
>>
>>38570740
He implied that people who don't follow his strict ritual are just pretending to like anime. I gave him a different point of view.
>>
>>38570786
its not pretending to like anime, its pretending to be a full blown weeb/otaku

you're not a cinephile if you go watch a couple summer blockbusters for the whole year, you dont go into some gourmet meet n greet to talk about the new egg mcmuffin at mcdonalds but for some reason assheads still pop off about being epic weebs and then scoff at the mere idea of going past scratching the surface, i mean look at you nigger
>play a japanese game
>PFFT what like a fucking VN? Yea miss me that shit boi
>>
>>38570902
Is that how I'd sound if I was black...
>>
File: 1497242614822.jpg (17KB, 355x266px) Image search: [Google]
1497242614822.jpg
17KB, 355x266px
>>38566479
go ask a normalfag wearing a thrasher shirt what they like about skateboarding

>oh i dont like skateboarding i just like it because it signals to others that im potentially a rebellious girl thats hot to guys besides, skateboardings for weird kids that r gonna shoot a skool up,, lmao weird kids all do that,, are u a wirrd kid??

im pretty sure you already know the answer nbut you want confirmation

normalfags like to fit and and to be apart of groups like everybody does

your apart of a group of people that goes on 4chan, and more specifically r9k
>>
>>38566479
I mean I like Cawatoodie, especially the MW games, but to claim you're a gamer because you play that is ridiculous.
Is it me or do Normalshits want to steal our stuff then claim to be us whilst pushing us out of the hobby and bullying us. Normalshits have stolen Star Wars, Star Trek, most AAA video games, LOTR, what's next?
>>
>>38571100
Tons of people at my college skateboard to class and shit, do you go outside?
>>
File: Reac 191.gif (481KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Reac 191.gif
481KB, 500x281px
>>38566479

>Call of Duty
>Twilight
>Naruto

What year is this?

>>38566896
How can you only read Harry Potter and Twilight. There aren't THAT many books.
>>
>>38571174
not my point dumbass most people who truly enjoy skateboarding dont have to wear clothing that screams HEY I SKATEBOARD I ENJOY SKATEBOARDING they just do it

quit trying to insult me and ruin what im trying to say
>>
>Watched 3 or more episodes into 47+ anime
>Watched 1-2 episodes of maybe a dozen anime
>Read 4 manga (Half of the shows I watched)
>However most anime and manga I've liked are meme stuff, haremshit, or shounenshit
>Been into anime since early Toonami days
>Familiar with many more anime on a surface level because of Youtube videos and 4chan, but never watched
>Played Dynasty Warriors 4 and offshoots religiously back in the day
>Socially inept and "nerdy"

Am I a legit otaku?
>>
>>38570979
You're as stupid as a nigger and a complete normalfag hypocrite, so you probably DO talk like that. The very fact that you posted Toshino is proof that you're a pretender.
>>
File: 1482005230306.jpg (5KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
1482005230306.jpg
5KB, 220x229px
>with a few pseudo-normie edgelord friends
>somebody brings up metal music
>all they mention is slipknot, avenged sevenfold, and 90's metallica
>I decide to butt in with the bands I like
>"Who?"
it's not that I'm listening to NSBM or some wannabe kvlt shit, either.
>>
File: falling_down_douglas_gun.jpg (60KB, 745x465px) Image search: [Google]
falling_down_douglas_gun.jpg
60KB, 745x465px
>normie loves anime but has never heard of Kamen Rider or Ultraman
>>
>no normies are obsessed with gas masks
>feels good knowing what you love wont be ruined
>>
>>38566532
and not even the ones who have read harry potter are really into it anyways. I have read all 7 books atleast 10 times each, some of them more. Its been a while since I moved on tho.
>>
>>38567664
this. dropped it when leonard and that chick started having sex.
>>
>>38566535
>>38566553
>admitting to phoneposting
you're a brave anon
>>
>>38571244
you sound like a faggot normie "hipster"
>>
>>38571361
Post your waifu and I'll tell you why she's a shitty whore. And yeah I'm not a virgin.
>>
>meet 17 year old gamer girl
>ask her what games she plays
>free weeb trash games she found on the internet
Fucking dropped. I used to be CAL-m in cs 1.6. I'm a true gamer guy.
>>
>>38570979
yea, sorry im black so my attempt at distorting your quote came out like if someone in my entourage said it
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.