[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>kind of found sense of life in reading math books and working

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: test.png (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
22KB, 600x600px
>kind of found sense of life in reading math books and working out
>try talk to my dad about this
>tells me to spend my summer break not learning but hanging out with friends
>tells me to take get a girlfriend in a joking matter
>tells me that I will learn at the university and should put these things to the side for now

This was 5 days ago, haven't touched math books or worked out since. It really hurt me what he said to me, but that was not his intention, he just wanted me to go out. Why does this have to happen, when I have motivation to move forward something will happen and take it away.
>>
>>38551785
oh anon.. don't be sad, I'm sure your father wants the best for you. Just keep on doing the things you like!
>>
>>38551884
I really thought that he was proud of me for trying to get better, but he wants me to go out, even though I don't really enjoy that
>>
File: 1497709703696.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497709703696.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
>>38551948
I know because parents sometimes don't know what's better for their children.. He won't be able to understand maybe, that's why you gotta keep holding on mate. The sad true is that you're alone.
>>
Most not all parents, do what they think is beneficial. I regret everyday not listening to my mom when she gave me advice. Now I can't anymore. She's dead.
>>
As harsh as it sounds he has a point. Book learning is mostly useless in life. When I was just out of high school, I planned to spend my summers reading maths and physics textbooks and surpassing everyone by becoming a physics wiz, but at the end of the day all I see is the people I hated having fun with their friends and living life and I'm still here in my room reading Dostoevsky and becoming 'enlightened'. Yeah maybe I am ,intellectually, more developed than them now but am I more content with life? Not at all. You have to go out and DO things, they are what build your memories and shape you as a person. Even at university, most of the stuff you learn will be forgotten and all the skills you need in whatever job you go into will be mostly learned from actually DOING it and not as much from books.
The working out bit is good and keep doing that! But too much reading is harmful and can stunt your social development. It's a similar effect to gaming all day but with obviously more benefits since the books teach you things.
tldr: Try and get out more or you will find that you wasted all your formative years locked away behind books/games. This is if you want to be a normie, of course. It's totally okay to continue what you're doing if you don't care about fitting in etc. You can stick with the books but just seek balance.
>>
>>38552091
How did she die? For me my father is my best and probably only real friend so this is why it hurt much more
>>
>>38552133
this advice is way too normie for my taste..
>>
>>38552195
I tried to give you my truth, accept it or not. Just don't resent your dad, he is just trying to help since he has been through it all and has some experience.
>>
>>38551785
Normalfags all want to assimilate you
Being part of society means destroying parts of yourself
>>
>>38552133
>>38552195
this is not me
>>38552302
I mean I understand where he is coming from, its just that sometimes things with good intention can hurt you
>>
>>38552320
+5 insightful

Normies want everyone to be like them
They're the Borg
Either you're with them, or you're against them
That's why they bully neuroatypicals
>>
>>38551785

Stop being a bitch about it, do what you like. Setting yourself apart necessarily means being nonconformist and people don't like it when you're too different from them. Get used to it
>>
File: 1497366654208.jpg (34KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
1497366654208.jpg
34KB, 500x457px
>>38552353
>normies are the Borg
wew that's deep lmao
>>
>>38552006
>implying socializing and getting a gf isn't beneficial
>>
>>38551785
Has math ever gotten you laid? No? Me neither.

If I sleep with one of the girls in my department, maybe I'll take that back though.
>>
>>38552434
It really is. I'd be able to focus so much better if I had somebody nearby to have a relationship with.
>>
>>38552434
>>38552455

>>>/adv/
fucking normie-tier advice
>>
>>38552511
>yes, yes, fuck your dad he doesn't know anything he is a -listen well- he is a NORMIE. He doesn't think for himself he is a npc byproduct of society. Normies REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK NORMIES just stay at home everyday without ever talkin to another person and masturbating to traps or you are not a true robot REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>38552604
How does someone like you end up on /r9k/?
>>
>>38552133
Dostoyevsky is good though. There's a difference between reading Dostoyevsky and some random history book.
>>
>>38552656
you know nothing about me, or am I le chad le normie xd?
>>
>>38552604
you know what, I'm on /r9k/ and what I expect from /r9k/ is sharing robots thoughts, you know. Everyone could tell me the usual "bee yourself shit" "go out man" "get a gf". I'm here to listen to different opinions that maybe could change my mind. I already told you, normie tier advice belong on >>>/adv/
>>
>>38551785
I'm kinda in the same situation. Except I don't have a 'thing' like you have with math. I've been on summer vacation for almost 3 months and haven't dared to go out yet. I just play runescape all day or watch tv-shows.
Parent's have been at the summer cabin for most of the time but when they come here dad always says I should go out and live my life. I don't really know how and I don't think I want to.
>>
>>38552776
all real advice is normie because it takes YOU to fix your shit, it seems like you rather conform to the 'life is hard', 'no one understands me' crap that leads nowhere
>>
>>38552998
I bet you believe in free will.
>>
>>38553015
I bet yo have a shit diet and a fucked up sleeping schedule
>>
File: 1497957428816.gif (22KB, 304x160px) Image search: [Google]
1497957428816.gif
22KB, 304x160px
>>38552998
"life is hard.. no one understands me", ya know what, "real advice" doesn't exist. Just different point of views.. What I'm saying is that your "real advice" is just the everyday shit he probably has been told all his life. And probably not what he needs to hear. That's it

and >>38553015 is not me
and >>38553064 yes
I have I shit diet and a fucked up sleeping schedule.
>>
>>38551884
This is very wholesome u are a good person
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.