[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The forest behind my house, where I've lived for most of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1957.jpg (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1957.jpg
47KB, 800x600px
The forest behind my house, where I've lived for most of my life, is to be developed and cut down to make room for a fast food restaurant and a bank. It breaks my heart. I've tried to find things online relating to this experience of having a special place of yours destroyed, but can't. Can anyone relate, or point me towards articles/webpages/ movies that deal with the subject?
I'm sure everyone here understands the importance of having a peaceful place to be alone. Now im going to have noise and trash and fences surrounding me. I'm trying to come to terms with it.
>>
>>38551156
Yeah my old street doesn't even exist anymore. It's all renovated and full of gentrified hipster shit.

I went there, and while it is familiar to some extent, it's like, what was will never come back or happen again.

Oh well.
>>
>>38551234
How so, did they literally tear up everything and repave it in a new way and build all new buildings?
>>
>>38551156
I dont see kids playing in the parks I used to play in.
>>
>>38551156
that pisses me off.

i had a huge warehouse built near me and its lights at night flood the sky.
>>
>>38551304
That's another thing I'll miss. We won't be able to see the stars. I'll have to move away soon, this won't be my home anymore
>>
>>38551265
It's just dead. There's no feeling of community. All the old stores are gone. Back when I lived there there was people sitting outside on the steps, people knew eachother. Idk. Like the fucking shop where we used to buy groceries is a fucking gym now.

The buildings are the same, but the place is completely different.
>>
I wish 99% of the population would just suddenly die out so we can enjoy the wilderness again.
>>
>>38551451
Ah I see. Lemme guess, all the organic unique visual details have been replaced by "clean" plastic stuff right? That's part of what's going to be horrible about this new development, it won't even benefit the neighborhood in any way. It'll be another flimsy, mass produced place designed so that you have to spend as little time outside as possible. Sprinkler system. No sidewalks. But something or leave. Fenced in. Lifeless.
>>
>>38551156
Ted Kaczynski shared your feels
>>
File: 1496047582802.png (163KB, 743x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1496047582802.png
163KB, 743x1028px
>>38551156
streets used to only be paved with square rocks implanted in the ground. while it may not have looked too efficient, it gave the whole neighborhood a real feeling of the place being alive.

also used to have public benches put out there, under massive oak tress and a small park for the children nearby. everyone would always be outside, talking to each other, kids playing together, it all felt so nice and real. i can't feel anything anymore now and everything that happens in my life now feels unreal and like im living in a dream.
>>
>>38551156
The old world will burn in the fires of industry.
>>
>>38551842
Stfu Saruman
>>
>>38551156
Calvin? Is that you?
>>
>>38552581
Nope, not a Calvin here
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.