[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't enjoy any "fun" activities. More so,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

I don't enjoy any "fun" activities.

More so, it terrifies me when I think about having to do them. Anything ranging from hanging out with friends over a barbecue, going out in the evening to pubcrawls, going to weddings, etc. I can't pinpoint the reason why.
Part of it is because I hate myself and I am a loser. Therefore I don't like being exposed to people that are better than I am, because it just reminds me of how terrible I am. I feel ashamed and that blocks me from trying to be "fun". Whenever I try to think of such a situation, I see a peculiar scenario with some old high-school classmates and it gives me painful feelings of despair, because they have had a worthwhile life, while I never did anything.

Does anyone else feel like this? I just want to get to the bottom of it, figure out in detail "why" or just have someone who understands.
>>
These are social activities, meant to mingle and get to know new people, mostly lot of them.

I do not like people and around more than 3-4 of them I start feeling nervous and trapped. I do enjoy some 'fun activities' alone or with very few people.
>>
>>38543274

>i do not like people
>proceeds to say how he does enjoy socializing

You sound like an edgy 14 year old who gets all of his opinions on b and who thinks he's like Dr. Gregory House from House MD.
>>
>>38543360
l2read, but here is your (you)
>>
>>38543360
I wish I could "like" on here
>>
just wait for the inevitable normalshits holocaust
>>
>>38543406

What did I get wrong?

>>38543414

Unlike you I am self-aware and I don't blame my shortcomings and problems on other people. I am smart enough not to engage in sour-grape like behaviour and resort to cringe-inducing memes like "normies" and its variations. I don't exhibit obvious aggressive jealousy like you.

I don't care about what other people who are better adjusted and more "normal" than I am do. I do not wish them bad things. I just want to realize why I am like this and why I hate myself so much that I get anxiety from being exposed to those realizations (by being around other successful people).
>>
>>38543459
tl;dr

desu baka
>>
>Does anyone else feel like this?
Yes. I got called 'Mr Doesn't like fun' by someone once because of this. I don't see the "fun" in these activities. It is definitely partly because I hate myself and don't want people to find out what a pile of shit I am (or at least, think I am), but I also just don't enjoy talking, especially small talk/idle chit chat, it's fucking boring.
>>
File: CAfO-QpUIAAAnhv.jpg (15KB, 223x275px) Image search: [Google]
CAfO-QpUIAAAnhv.jpg
15KB, 223x275px
>>38543181
This isn't just you. All of those events that are meant to be fun are actually shit.

Stop going to clubs and start going hiking and throwing stones into the lake or going skateboarding or something.

The fact that you don't like the bullshit social activities shows that you're at least self aware enough to go against the grain and do what you really want in life instead of mindlessly doing these shitty normie activities just to fill up your time before you go back to a shitty job.
>>
>>38543574

>I also just don't enjoy talking, especially small talk/idle chit chat, it's fucking boring.
That's the best part. No one hates it. You are doing it right now, just via text. You spend days doing that online and getting (You)s, but you still claim to hate it.
Just because you haven't found anyone worth talking to doesn't mean socializing as a whole is shit.

>>38543679

I would hate hiking and skateboarding too.
I am not a bitter and edgy idiot who pretentiously looks down upon other people's preferred activities. My problem is related to the shame I feel and futility I see when engaging in those activities. It feels like there is a barrier coating me, which gets triggered as soon as I realize who I am. I just dose away with my thoughts and start wishing I could just die painlessly on the spot or just disappear.
>>
>>38543738
But 95% of talking in the situations named are talking to normies about boring stuff/small talk etc. Occasionally there is someone enjoyable to talk to. Online you can talk only about things that interest you, and say things you can't say in the 'real world'. Sure, if I could fill a room full of weirdos like me, it would be great, but it is unlikely to happen in reality.
>>
the activities themselves are not fun for anyone. it's the human interaction. you dont go to a bbq cause you like cooking meat or smth (you can do that at home alone), you go cause you're interacting with other people. so your "problem" is not valuing people. i dont think its a bad think, but if you wanna get rid of it force yourself in going irl to meet folks. you can start with weirdos if its easier for you
>>
>>38543738
sounds like low self esteem maybe?

I had that, and I found good people who encouraged me and were always positive, and I also rewrote my life in diary entries on a computer to have supportive people around me and happy stuff and used them as "memories".

Your case might be completely different to mine though idk you or your life. Keep working on it man, and focus on any small good thing you have to keep you going.
>>
>>38543181
Because it's not fun for YOU. You should do what's fun for you, and don't let people try and tell you what you'll find fun, because chances are, you won't.
>>
>>38543738
>You are doing it right now, just via text.
To be fair, technically he's doing it. But in reality, normies wont stand for negativity. If you don't like something, instead of talking about it, you should ignore it or distract yourself from it. Like a TV-show, if you watch The Walking Dead or have watched it enough to form an opinion of it and the opinion is not praising the show, you're told to shut up and not watch it. To stop be so negative and instead focus on things that brings you joy.
Unless it's about Trump, then it's the opposite. Because they read in "real media" about how stupid and ignorant his supporters are, so since they are stupid, surely they must be wrong when they don't listen to people paid to have "educated opinions" (journalists).

Back to the point. Normie-talk is mostly pushing each other down, and promoting one self through anecdotes, stories, experiences. It's a subtle play, and nobody really likes it - due to envy and the other 6 vices, but the option is to guarantee a 0. To not interact, to not participate, sort of like failing a test by simply not showing up.
As for the fun activities, personally I can't relax with my situation, so by being relaxed in a setting, means I'm comfortable being an overweight, non-educated, socially limited and inexperienced guy closing in on 30 years where I'm probably worth more dead then alive at this stage. So to be satisfied with that? Or even entertaining the idea that this is all I can be and not thrive for more, shows how little value I truly hold. And at the same time I have to listen to peoples fun experiences in the military, their knowledge of foreign countries after their 3 month vacate, their several bachelors / masters degrees, their fiances, their marriage, their children, their new apartment / house that they took a mortgage I can only dream about and still thrive at several aspects of their life.

Was writing more, but to long..
>>
>>38544134
>I'm probably worth more dead then alive at this stage
That's not true. Your value is 0 for infinity if you're dead. At least you can write mildly interesting shit like your post while alive.
>>
>>38543181
Just wondering, were you ever some sort of "child prodigy"? Or at least reasonably successful as a child?
>>
>>38544500

No, but I overvalued myself and I thought I was capable of achieving above-average things like graduating university (I failed at that).

>>38544085

>I also rewrote my life in diary entries on a computer to have supportive people around me and happy stuff and used them as "memories".
Did you delude yourself into thinking things happened in your life which didn't? That doesn't sound healthy.
>>
>>38544134

>normies
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>38544686
You do realize you're on /r9k/?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.