[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get out of this neet rut? I'm 19, (20 in a couple

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: i love semiramis.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
i love semiramis.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
How do I get out of this neet rut?

I'm 19, (20 in a couple weeks), stopped going to school at 14, don't have my GED, don't have and never had a job, overweight, no ambition to do anything.

I don't want to end up like the meme "35 year old fat comic nerd living in moms house", and I don't want my mom to have to support me any longer than absolutely necessary, but leaving the house fucking terrifies me, and I don't know how to do anything on my own

How do I get my GED
How do I apply for grants for community college

How do I get my damn life in shape, r9k, I hate living like this, I hate being a leech on my family, and want something good for myself someday.
>>
>>38538849
kill yourself then so you dont have to do any of those things
>>
>>38539034
I want to do those things, though.
I wanna try giving semi-normie life a chance.
>>
Didn't you just make this post? Is this another forced meme?
>>
>>38539072
then you clearly dont belong here

in regards to your garbage problems just fucking DO IT FAGGOT
>>
>>38539082
This post is 100% original.
I made one bitching about not having any education last night.

>>38539088
>I want to be self-sufficient
>"you don't belong here"

Anon, I just want a decent enough job I can work so I can get a computer to play new games and have as little disturbance as possible. Telling people to fuck off just because they want to work+finish school is really fucking memey of you, anon.

>just fucking do it
How? Where can I find good GED study materials without spending a damn fortune

How do I fill out college+federal funding applications?

Ive no clue how to do this shit and every time i start it just fucking overwhelms me.
>>
if you really wanted the answer OP, you'd use google because we don't know where you live or anything. the fact you're making this thread makes me think that isn't a true desire of yours to do gain an education, because if you wanted one, you'd spend time advancing toward your goal instead of posting on /r9k/. I suspect you might want to be talked out of your plans or something.
>>
>>38539154
Google results are pandered towards normies that have natural motivation, or the money to pay for that shit.
>>
>>38539179
google fafsa you fucking idiot
>>
>>38538849
GED is easy as fuck. I think i passed mine without even studying for it. Just sign up to take it somewhere if you want it. ALthough the only reason I took mine is because I thought I could be ever be normal. Now I know my life will never be SHIT.

Now I'm 29, never worked in my life and the neet life is great. I don't need money because my parents give me when I ask. Stop whining and do the same. Noone cares about your goal to get a job.
>>
>>38538849
>leaving the house terrifies me

You have agoraphobia. You should try getting on an SSRI. Mental illness isn't some conspiracy by "da joooz", it's real and if you take the right prescription then it will help. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>38539228
Been there, the forms are really hard to fill out and I usually give up after a few pages.
>>38539233
my family isnt rich enough to provide for me much longer. my mom is working 12 hours a day cleaning houses as it is, and i feel really guilty not doing a damn thing. She's already almost 60, and I feel badly for her.

>>38539244
Cant afford mental health professionals, nor pills. Last time I applied to state-funded health insurance (Arizona) I got denied.
>>
File: 1500700577716.png (832KB, 1009x6647px)
1500700577716.png
832KB, 1009x6647px
Once you become a robot no gf No friends there's no turning back. We were born this way and doomed to be alone and miserable for the rest of our lifes. Trying to become normal will be like having a sex change operation. As for your question on how to stop being a neet the only advice i can give you is the following: get shitty job! I know that you won't like it but eventually you will have to face your fears, You stopped going to school at 14 and you're overweight, so that it gives me a hint that you were picked on in school and developed some anxiety problems. Also this >>38539154
>>
>>38538849
Get FAFSA depending on the state community could be free if you plan on transferring.
>>
>>38539265
Do you know if community colleges actually check to see if you have your GED or not?
The site I was looking at told me I needed it to enroll, and I doubt i'd be able to study+pass it before the next school year
>>
>>38539251
>i feel really guilty not doing a damn thing. She's already almost 60, and I feel badly for her.

yet here you are on /r9k/. consider my almonds activated
>>
>>38539251
its your mom, if she cared about taking care of you then you would be out on the street already. Ive seen people get kicked out at like 15, literally on the street with nowhere to go. Is that you? Just ride it out a bit longer.

You could always say that you hear voices and get a disability check for money.
>>
>>38539294
It's 1:32 AM. There's not much I can do right now. I've already filled out applications to everywhere hiring in biking distance. As for college and such, I have such a huge amount of conflicting information that it's scary. There's nothing i /can/ do at this point in time.

>>38539296
Arizona desu

>>38539321
Been down that road, too, since I have multiple qualifying conditions, but I got a letter last month saying I didn't qualify as I haven't worked enough to be eligible for disability.
>>
>>38539336
ive never worked and i get money monthly for a mental problem.They say I have schizophrenia but Ive never heard voices or seen things. As a matter of fact, the doc always asks me are the voices gone, and i go hehe doc i dont hear voices. They dont believe me but oh well it gets me money, and I didn't need work history to get it. You have to establish that you have a mental illness though which means going to hospitals and getting into some shit.
>>
File: 1498771799403.jpg (22KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
1498771799403.jpg
22KB, 612x408px
>>38539336
I don't have to tell you how to get a job, do I? Oh heck, you're my little Champ so i'll do it anyway. Champ, all you need to do is show up and ask for the manager. Stand up straight, look him in the eye, give him a firm handshake, and tell him you're the right person for the job. Can't get any simpler than that.
>>
>>38539416
Is there a way to do this without causing my family any more financial trouble?
I remember seeing a bill for almost 8000 when I tried to off myself a couple years ago and don't want anyone to have to deal with that.
Hospital visits are ungodly expensive

>>38539423
Can't give out a firm handshake if no one wants to answer my calls and give me an interview, dad, fuck off
>>
File: 56545684.png (48KB, 1155x587px) Image search: [Google]
56545684.png
48KB, 1155x587px
>>38539336
Listen you desu motherfucker.
I'll put it real simple for you in a step by step program.

1. Literally do anything you can to get a job. ANYTHING & ANY JOB.

2. Secure said job for long enough for college funds.

3. Literally google GED plans for your local schooling district, pursue that whilst being wage cuck.

4. Grind out life for however long.

5. Go to college.

There. And all the while doing it
>Abuuuuuuu huurrrrr durrrr no motivation

Oh fucking well anon. This is your rut, and to move away from your current position you must JUST DO IT. That is your motivation. Because if you don't act. You will be stuck, and there will be no rescuing you. Take a look at all these other freaks on here. Do you really want to be that? Fucking Pic Related.
>>
File: 1499023234992.jpg (39KB, 612x408px)
1499023234992.jpg
39KB, 612x408px
>>38539447
You just need to show some more initiative, Champ. Now get dressed so I can drive you to the store.
>>
>>38539470
>if we had parents that were actually like this, most of us would be rather successful and not on this website

Think about it. The dad is actually trying to help the kid, motivate him, and work with him to better himself

Thats why I hate this meme so much. I wish I had a dad that showed half as much initiative as the dadposter does.

I don't know if I love you, or hate you, anon. I hope you have a kid someday and you drive him around town for interviews until he can land a job.
>>
>>38538849
1. fucking apply yourself and find out how to get it yourself, you have the internet.
2. eat at a caloric deficit
>>
File: kaiji.jpg (141KB, 523x4409px) Image search: [Google]
kaiji.jpg
141KB, 523x4409px
1) Work out. Cardio is free, couch to 5k is a solid intro program. If you're seriously overweight and have a bike, biking is less impactful on the knees. If you have access to a gym, even better.
2) Cook for yourself. Makes your diet less shit and lets your mom know you're actually making an effort. Also raw ingredients are cheaper than tyson tendies.
3) Look around for a shitty job. It's not like you have anything better to do. The money helps pay the bills, give you your hentai machine, and funds that gym membership you should really be getting. The utter shit of working as a minimum wagecuck is a good reason to work harder.
4) Don't worry about tfwnogf or not having a social life right now. That shit's way easier in college.
5) Consider trade school.

>leaving the house fucking terrifies me
can't say i know the feeling. is there anything about it specifically? when was the last time you left the house? I used to work out really early (like 5/6 am) so I wouldn't run into anyone and be embarrassed.

You're at a disadvantage, but it turns out that being NEET at 19 is actually pretty normie tier. You have plenty of time to fix yourself.

>How do I get my GED
>How do I apply for grants for community college
>>38539228
>>38539154
>correct answers
I don't fucking know you should google it. Don't expect people to hold your hand every step of the way. There's probably an ENTIRE FUCKING COMMUNITY of people on a forum or some shit dedicated to this.

Wow I sound mega gay right now.
>>
File: 5252113.jpg (70KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
5252113.jpg
70KB, 550x550px
>>38538849
Garbage goes in, Garbage comes out
>>
File: Screenshot_20170112-172740.png (277KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170112-172740.png
277KB, 1440x2560px
>>38539542
This aswell originally
In the most original of ways
Pic related of "self improvement"
>>
>>38538849
go get some education, you should learn to drive too
>>
>NEET rut
>I'm 19

come back in 10 years you delusional faggot
>>
>>38539763
Ive been a NEET for almost 6 years, since I was allowed to leave school early.

It's not like this is my first year experiencing this, or anything. I really don't want to be able to come back in 10 years, because im fucking terrified of the future.

>>38539743
That's what I'm working on right now. I'm gonna be taking my permit test later this month, and my moms adding me to her insurance for my birthday in a few weeks, so I can start getting driving experience.

Also, I don't really know what I wanna "do" for education. I'm fairly confident in my ability to pass the GED test, but I have no fucking clue what i'd wanna do in community college, just what pays the best. I don't wanna wake up in 10 years hating what I've done, nor do I wanna wake up in 10 years realizing i got a meme-degree and am only using it to flip burgers or take shit from walmart customers, or something like that.
>>
File: JPEG_20170429_214539.jpg (17KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
JPEG_20170429_214539.jpg
17KB, 128x128px
>>38539978
Anon you can't be terrified anymore. That is the point everyone is trying to make. You just need tp do it. Work out. Pass both your GED test and drivers test. Get a job. Pay for college. Finish college. You are 19 you have a chance still. Unlike most of us.
>>
>>38539978
if you wanna do something that pays just go to trade school. cheaper than college, practically hands you a job.

if you wanna go super basic normie and just make da big bux XD that's the realm of connections and professional school. takes serious commitment. something you haven't proven yourself to hold yet.
>>
i was pretty much exactly in your shoes. the GED is relatively easy since your scores are going to be compared to a bunch of retards. i saw you were looking for inexpensive study material and you can practically learn everything you need on khanacademy. just study up on some pre-algebra and basic geometry and you will be fine. can't really help with the state grants as i have prepaid tuition but fafsa/sallie mae are the go-to's.

also dont listen to that autist telling you to get on an SSRI
>>
>How do I get my GED

Google it you dumb faggot since it depends on your region and then go pirate/buy if you are too dumb to even do that "GED for dummies"

>How do I apply for grants for community college

You dont a lazy ass like yourself should join the Army they will sort you out. Then after you played meatshield you can choose a career and have daddy government pay for it. And before you whine about being out of shape stop drinking soda and cut out carbs and you will be thin within 3-6 months
>>
>>38538849
Why become a normie, when you could start the beta uprising? You may even get a high score.
>>
File: 399.png (320KB, 651x945px) Image search: [Google]
399.png
320KB, 651x945px
>>38538849
>"Anon, just poo it!"
>>
>>38538849
Before you do anything learn to fucking live. You're mom has been doing it for the both of you so far. Just help around the house, clean, do dishes, cook, shop, laundry etc.Take it one step at a time. You'll hate it since you wont have any energy to do anything else but that's what it takes to be an adult sadly. I'll take a wild guess and say you might be dealing with depression so have that checked out.Then I would strongly recommend you forget education and just find a job/trade if you want support your family or alternatively teach yourself something but without a good work ethic that's impossible but in any case anybody with two brain cells will tell you that education today the biggest meme of them all.
>>
>>38538849
cant share a house with your mum if you're in a coffin instead
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.