[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Autistic things you do that improve your life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg (36KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_New_Vegas.jpg
36KB, 256x315px
After playing the 1st and 2nd installments of pic related as a kid, I started trying to talk like how someone would talk in a speech check.

Actually did wonders for my social skills. I actually got deemed well functioning enough to ship out of special needs (wasnt in special needs classes but my school had some weird mandatory counseling with tard wranglers instead of break/lunch). Landed myself plenty of friends and a gf. However, I kind of suck at interviews when they pull an unusual question out of their ass because I usually have to think a lot before I talk.

Now I'm a pharmacist because of a shitty meme video game.
>>
>>38526662
>talk like how someone would talk in a speech check
I've played about 150 hours of New Vegas and it's probably my favourite game and I still have no idea what you mean by that, care to give an example?
>>
>>38526711
Just use terrifying presence and you will get far irl, anon.
>>
>>38526711
>back in school after a fencing competition (true robot sport btw) after winter break, its junior Olympics so I have a shirt with list of participants

>oneitis: Is your name on the shirt?
>My default response: yeah, turns around and points it out to her
>My 100 speech response: Yeah it is, I bet you can't find it
>10 mins of her running her hands down my back while giggling

Didnt get with her though because not chad tho
>>
>>38526662
How do you do that? Oregano's for lunch
>>
>>38526838
that sounds delightful dude,
so just act intoxicating?
need to work on my approach-ability I suppose.
>>
>>38526938
Thats probably one of my best examples (100 speech). Pulling of 75, or even 50 speech is passable.

Remember you need different strokes to please different folks.

It does take some mental strength to wait 5-10s before you talk but people will get used to you going uhhhhhh or looking into space while holding your chin after a while.

I'd rather not talk about myself forever though. I made this thread as an ITT: I really want to hear more about you guys!

Above paragraph is at least 40 speech I'm sure
>>
File: IMG_1103.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1103.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>38527049
I can't even find a copy of Salesman's Weekly
>>
>>38527090
Bethesda renamed it to "how to make friends and influence people". You'll get there after a feel more levels (so long as this doesnt take you over the hard level 30 cap)
>>
File: 1499028880040.png (235KB, 475x474px) Image search: [Google]
1499028880040.png
235KB, 475x474px
>tfw no irl dialogue wheel to choose my responses from
why even live
>>
File: i-want-you-giwy.jpg (88KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
i-want-you-giwy.jpg
88KB, 600x691px
>>38526662
>I actually derailed my own thread
JUST

Anons please, I came to hear your stories. Gimme some happy feels
>>
>>38527343
i tried killing myself once but failed :)
>>
>>38527343
When I was a shutin and going outside gave me really bad anxiety I'd make it into a 'mission.'

Like I'd write up primary and secondary objectives, map out the route I'm taking, make a plan A, plan B, etc like I was completing objectives in a video game.

If I completed them all successfully and made it back home I'd do a victory pose and a "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"
>>
>>38527468
How did it usually work out for you? How different did it feel going on a mission rather than running an errand?

How did it feel at the end? Was the mission accomplished actually satisfying or was it just for consistency?
>>
I write stories about gay daddy issues because it's the only way I can express that side of myself. I also keep a voice diary. I start off each recording with the date and time and then start talking to myself, walking and chain smoking cigarettes. I usually go outside at the dead of night and walk back and forth on this big circular trail thing in my neighborhood to record them. There's a bunch of houses right by it and I've been doing this for over a year now, so I wonder what people think if they see me just walking back and forth there, sometimes for hours at a time, in the middle of the night.

Sometimes it only makes me feel worse if all I have to say is depressing stuff. Sometimes it helps me work through things. Sometimes I just talk about my gay daddy issues stories and work out the timeline of events and whatnot. It helps if I'm on adderall when I do this so that I have a lot to talk about.

>>38527468
I like this idea, I think I might try it out. Thank you for sharing, anon.
>>
File: 1470689858680.jpg (152KB, 800x790px) Image search: [Google]
1470689858680.jpg
152KB, 800x790px
this didn't really improve my life but i get through social situations by pretending i'm on a secret mission or that i have secret powers and that gives me the confidence to bullshit my way through those interactions
>>
>>38528055
If you're tired of talking yourself, you can talk to us here, anon. Most of us can't relate but we can sympathize.
>>
>>38528357
thank you, anon, that's very sweet of you, most of my threads don't get much attention, though, because they don't fall in line with the kinds of themes that r9k eats up. but who knows. maybe i'm just being hard on myself. i should post more often. thank you for giving me the inspiration to do so.
>>
File: MHu85ym.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MHu85ym.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>38526662
>be me
>lazy as shit NEET playing video games all day
>lifestyle is getting hellishly boring
>figger rl is like an rpg only with a lot more options
>start having fun talking to people at stores or wherever pretending I'm a good and naive character type
>actually land a job because of my ''go getter attitude''
>see my function within the department as my main quest and favors I do for people as side quests
>spend years climbing the ranks within the company
>tfw the game is starting to get boring again
>>
>>38529697
What type of business and how far did you go up? theres a point where its okay to run on cruise control, or get some dlc (friends, gf, new hobby) to spice up your life.
>>
>>38526662
I would walk an hour a day and pretend I'm in New Vegas. Would play Happy Times and Ain't that a Kick in the Head in my head as I'm walking.

However, can't connect to any of the girls here. I'm a bit of a Ottoman and Crusades buff (/his/ poster here) and thinking about practicing my social skills here before I go off to Turkey or Israel for a wife.

Yeah, I know the whole post reeks of autism but I'm not into normie things except Radiohead, capeshit, hip hop and Trump and I'm happy this way.
>>
File: 1468992861996.jpg (169KB, 641x556px) Image search: [Google]
1468992861996.jpg
169KB, 641x556px
>>38526662
I spend most of my time alone and rarely post. When I'm alone, I pace for hours discussing ideas and beliefs with myself. Talking about all of the different views and perspectives, championing them all and arguing with myself.

As a result, when normies talk about their political, spiritual, or social beliefs I can blend in by pretending to share their beliefs and preemptively refute arguments against their beliefs.

A few people have caught me doing this and have said they can't trust me or have said I have no conviction.

I'd rather them think that than know the truth. There are nights where it has gone well over 4 hours of pacing, I tend to stop when my feet ache too much.
>>
>>38526662
Yeah I put too many points into perception and intelligence, and hardly anything in charisma. I figured I could just blow up shit and sneak through most of the game, but it turns out you don't unlock guns, explosives, or energy weapons until the late game. Endurance and Strength make up for the shit luck too.
>>
>>38529697
How do you have fun talking to people at stores? How do you even look them in the eye?

...asking for a friend
>>
>>38530300
An autist is the optimal build tho. CHA is usually dumpstatted.
>>
>>38530443
Well for about 20 years of my life I dumped everything into science and now I do no damage when cazadores are everywhere. Thank God for stimpacks. I'm hoping woth the high int I'll eventually have good stats. Just need to level up a few times.
>>
>>38530483
>20 years of my life
Wait are we talking about the game only or is this a complex allegory for your life?
>>
Well, for me it hasn't really made a big difference as I was already kinda doing this, though it clearly wasn't bad, not at all. It actually was really good, but just to give you an idea of how I aproach conversations, here are a few examples:
- I mostly speak like I've got 75 Speech only to keep things neutral , but if I'm caught in a debate I talk like I have 100 Speech (kinda obvious).
- Charismatic and helpful as Doc Mitchell
- When I get into really deep discussions about mistakes in general I talk like Ullyses, always mentioning the lessons and history learned by the time of the comversation
- When I get into deep discussions about myself I talk and think like Joshua Graham (I relate to this character very much, the only noticable differences being that I'm Orthodox instead of Mormon and not covered in bandages, his other characteristics aplying to me only in a metaphorical way)
- When I find myself talking about feelings and other important and sad things of others, I talk like Dog from Dead Money.

Overall, pretty edgy characters I chose to relate to, but so far it has worked for me, so I don't know, I guess I'll keep it that way.
>>
>>38530841
Wait this isn't the autist things you do that improve your life thread?
>>
>>38531695
Conversation*
Apply*
"About others" instead of "of others"

Sorry, today was a really busy day and I'm very tired.
>>
>>38531695
Most people find Ulysses annoying and irrational. Be careful anon, and good luck

>>38531759
forget what I said about dumpstatting charisma. It's important Not sure what blowing shit up/sneaking is supposed to represent. Were you a criminal/delinquent in your younger years?
>>
>Tfw you are forever 1 speech and 1 charisma but have perk that gives you 75% chance to crack a joke that would seem funny to people around you

I am just probably retarted and i cant talk with people for shit, even if i understand in theory what i should say i always say stupid shit because my brain seems to turn off when i am in conversation
>>
>>38531854
idiot savant?

In all seriousness though, try to relax a bit more
>>
>>38531854
Also i cant emulate emotion when talking to strangers or semi-strangers (aka people that i dont trust enough), i simply just stand with expresionless face, answer with short straight sentences, and cant even simulate a hint that i am interested in conversation. Is this what autism looks like? I am not even pretending to be some kind of emotionless edgelord, i just dont know how to use these fucking things.
>>
>>38531824
I know how people see Ulysses. They do not see me annoying, or at least, not to a critical level, but I sometimes am seen as irrational. I might improve this in the future, though. Thanks for all the good wishes. I wish you good luck in life, too, Anon. (Btw, meant to say God instead of Dog. Sorry, my mistake.)
>>
You guys should probably scrounge up 80 dollars and go to a Toastmasters International
>>
>>38530263
I do this too. This group of people quite liked me for it, thought I was intelligent, but then they regarded me as an idiot when they found out I had no sincere belief in what I was saying half the time
>>
Pretend I'm in an anime
Especially at work where I swear 100% of the time. (Push carts and help customers load heavy merch into their cars)
Whenever the carts get way out of hand I'll play some anime music on my portable speaker and go at them, muttering anime one-liners and swearing in Japanese. (Kuso....)

I also try to do things I never thought I'd do, biggest is learning how to ride a motorcycle, smallest is just asking people I know about things they like, their hobbies etc.
Scary but fun sometimes.
>>
>>38532384
Meant to say sweat not swear on that first part
>>
File: spärde.png (202KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
spärde.png
202KB, 600x700px
>>38529697
>figger
>>
>>38532384
You deserve death atncsyjboriginal
>>
Every day at least once per day I put on Rap God by Em and rap along. My goal is to become proficient at rapping it perfectly so that one day when I'm finally normie I can impress my friends/gf out of the blue by belting it out when it comes on on the radio.
>>
>>38531824
No I just did good in school and blend in with whatever crowd I'm with.
>>
>be me a few years ago
>bored as fuck edgelord with small group of close friends
>get idea
>spend time in school getting people's phone numbers (too socially inept to ask for them directly so i became friends with a couple of popular kids and talked them into giving me some numbers)
>end up with 250ish phone numbers, and use them to create massive spam groupchat called "burracuda" and spamming the groupchats with a macro and using imessage on my shitty laptop
>keep it going for a few months, at the beginning i was stupid enough to let people know it was me so i become a social outcast for a while
>eventually get kind of bored so i decide to shut it down for a while and make up some apology to make people hate me less
>people seriously respect me for making that apology apparently they thought i was pouring my heart out or some shit and i gain tons of friends almost immediately
>>
>>38526662
Actually on an extremely related note, I sometimes compare speaking to people to speaking to NPC's in TES or Fallout. Like as if there's more story I need to unveil in order to progress, and I kid myself into being interested in the conversation. Autistic but, helps.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.