[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: primaris blood angels.jpg (885KB, 1330x998px) Image search: [Google]
primaris blood angels.jpg
885KB, 1330x998px
It's one thing to be a loser with no job/career, smells like shit, fat as fuck, etc. but I've come across people who make fun of me for still playing video games, collecting miniatures and cards, despite holding down a steady job and dating semi-regularly.

Even a couple girls I've dated have judged me for it. I'm starting to think I should stop caring what they think and just surround myself with people who are like me. My friend is a total bro and likes my 40k army list, but when my relatives come over, they laugh at me for it.

When I probe them for an explanation as to why, they always say "just because" , I am never given a real reason. It just is socially acceptable and that's that. I hate people who blindly adhere to every mainstream social custom.
>>
>>38526029
it's because space marines are literally the most autistic 40k army, OP

jk but really I get this too. every gf I've ever had has made fun of my nerdy hobbies but I find it's just as easy to make fun of dumb girly shit like youtube celebs. even from people at the hobby shop recently. it seems like tabletop is out and magic is in
>>
If someone mocks you for your hobbies they aren't worthy of your time and energy.
>>
>>38526029
>I probe them for an explanation
Keep doing this op. It asserts alphaness. Like when people say trump is racist, ask how. Then just tear down their argument.

Stand your ground and be confident. They'll realize they're the ones being stupid. Confidence is such a strong too I made a guy feel defensive for liking skinny girls because he knows I prefer big ones. He was like "well, skinny girls can be hot too"
>>
>>38526029

Don't prove anything to anyone. Don't waste your time. Just do your shit and only show strength and intelligence when it's beneficial to you.
>>
>>38526029
>What's Wrong With Being a "Manchild" and "Nerd?"
arrested development
>>
>>38526029
>he actually fell for the primaris meme
kek
>>
>>38526029
I don't tell people I'm into building gunpla models or anime.
>>
I have a friend who had all kinds of my little pony stuff in his room. Be bought it with money from his job. Everyone thinks he's weird, but he's actually a cool guy to hang out with.
>>
>>38526029
Fuck them, 40k is cool as fuck anon, dont change for rosties
>>
Being manchild has more to do with not being able to take responsibility of your own life than your interests. In relationships manchildren need to be fed, dressed and have things taken care for them.

You shouldn't give a fuck what other people think about your hobbies. Of course if they complain about the resources your spend your hobbies vs spending resources on your relationships, then you might want to check your priorities.
>>
>What's Wrong With Being a "Manchild" and "Nerd?

There is nothing wrong with it if you can be a functioning adult, but often people can't.
>>
>>38526029
because it takes power and money away from women so they hate you for it
>>
>>38526029
>It's one thing to be a loser with no job/career, smells like shit, fat as fuck
I know a guy who is exactly like this yet he still has a girlfriend. I'm the exact opposite and I can't even get girls to talk to me.
>>
File: 1341441.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1341441.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>38526029
it's because having dolls and toys and playing with them past the age of 11 is really gay and childish
>>
File: comics-3.jpg (159KB, 576x898px) Image search: [Google]
comics-3.jpg
159KB, 576x898px
>>38526029
>be a manager in a nice company
>thin, pretty attractive, have a really sweet gf who treats me well
>my coworkers ask me what I did over the weekend
>answer them honestly and told them I was the game master for my weekly dungeons and dragons game, ordered a lot of pizza and watched b movies
>some of them are quiet and laugh, but a few actually act interested
>one of them opens up and admits that he's always wanted to play
>turns out him and another dude love comic books
>we now spend most Friday afternoons recommending cartoons and comic books to each other

Anyone who gives you shit about your hobbies is massively insecure or is just trying to make fun of you for the sake of it. Don't let children's opinions hurt you or what you like to do, OP.

It's far, far more likely that you present yourself poorly and they're latching onto your hobbies as a reason to give you shit instead of telling you to your face what they find offensive about you.

If you genuinely care about what other people think about you, then work on improving yourself in ways that make you feel good. Don't sacrifice things you love just to fit in, especially not with assholes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.