[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Embraces nihilism >still happy with life Am i looking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 2017-06-26-14-22-35-1.png (133KB, 479x478px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-26-14-22-35-1.png
133KB, 479x478px
>Embraces nihilism
>still happy with life
Am i looking at things wrong? Isn't nihilism supposed to cause depression? I was under the impression it was supposed to because thats how alot of other people end up when they embrace it.
>>
So you want to have depression?

How much old are you,OP?
>>
>>38503882
Nah, it's usually the other way around. Usually depressed people adopt nihilism, and continue to be depressed.
You're probably just a naturally happy person, happiness is mostly genetic after all.
>>
Only religious people believe that not being constantly bombarded with happy rays from some invisible entity means that your existence is somehow miserable.
>>
>>38503915
Im not necessarily complaining,but i have noticed that people that lack movement and hope tend to be depressed. And i am 19,not that it matters.

>>38503923
Care to exsplain why happiness is genetic? I figured happiness is purely based on circumstances+ability to deal them.
>>
>>38504051
When did he say it was genetic?
>>
>>38504077
You cant be serious. You honestly have to be pulling my dick. Re read what he said. It is literaly in the last sentence.
>>
>>38504051
Well I learned in a introductory psychology class that 50% of happiness is genetic, 40% is choice, and 10% is environment.
I don't know how accurate those numbers are, but I'm fairly certain that genetics play a large role in a person's happiness.
Like for example, have you noticed how certain people are much more happy when they are constantly socializing, while others are much happier when alone, or with a moderate amount of socializing?
This is just one example of how genetics influence are happiness.
If you're interested, you can find some good research done about it. It's pretty interesting stuff.
>>
>>38503882
>Am i looking at things wrong
If you're posting on /r9k/, you are definitely looking at things wrong.
>>
File: ivan.png (501KB, 759x831px) Image search: [Google]
ivan.png
501KB, 759x831px
>>38503882
I was depressed, and then I began to understand that nothing matters and we're all going to die and that ultimately I can literally do whatever I want. I can fucking kill everyone, I can swerve my car and drive it into a wall, I can take a knife and stab the next person I see on the street. But I don't, because I believe in the good of humankind. This made everything better for me - I live only for myself, only to ensure I have a happy existence before I die. My life is one big celebration of being alive, because believe me, to exist at all is the biggest fucking lottery in all of time and space... and we won it, bros.
>>
>>38503882
The nihilism meme is another invention of the /r9k/ crab bucket. Between legitimately edgy kids and tweens co-opting the term and aspects of a "nothing matters" mindset, and the general "not being depressed makes you a normie" attitude a lot of robots have wholly negative associations with the term.

you won't get a proper answer here anon. Just constant kiddy accusations. However it should be noted that nihilism won't cure anything but meme-tier depression. It won't fix chemical imbalances, but it could very well cause it
>>
File: c9jDIdT.png (286KB, 889x592px) Image search: [Google]
c9jDIdT.png
286KB, 889x592px
>>38503882
this is what people usually post with questions and assumptions like these. not saying it's correct, but it's what people post.
>>
Nihilism is bliss

Once you fully realize it's all a fucking sham you can become a murder clown and stop taking it all so damn seriously
>>
File: IMG_5509.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5509.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>38503882
Ouroboros is the stupidest concept I've ever had the displeasure of coming across. If satanists didn't believe so strongly in this concept I'd be a satanist.
>>
>nothing in life matters so nothing i do will make an impact or affect anyone
>nothing in life matters so i can do whatever i want and any consequences i might face are relatively small when it comes to the bigger picture
>>
For me, I didn't like life much anyway, but I had the consolation that at least I could try and live a good life. Nihilism takes that away too.
>>
>>38504438
everybody listen
but NOT TO THIS GUY!
>>
File: 20111010.gif (92KB, 576x747px) Image search: [Google]
20111010.gif
92KB, 576x747px
>>38503882
This is the most accurate depiction of Nihilism I've seen so far.
>>
>>38504735
Satanism is about free though you autist, you don't have to believe in Ouroboros.
>>
>>38506086
How is that? The bottom seems unfulfilling.
>>
I'm okay with a nihilistic state of affairs. It's not the cause of my depression.
>>
Nihilism doesn't make you depressed apathy does. Telling yourself that nothing matters can make you apathetic but not always
>>
>>38506217
It isn't, I live my life that way and out of everyone I know I'm the only one who truly has no worries about anything because nothing really matters. Feels good man.
>>
>>38506145
Organized Satanism in all it's forms ritualistically glorifies Ouroboros.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.