[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I take your order at McDonald's drive through.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: mcds.jpg (168KB, 941x627px) Image search: [Google]
mcds.jpg
168KB, 941x627px
Hi, I take your order at McDonald's drive through. Ask Me Anything!
>>
>>38486023
Just some nuts and lard for me
>>
>>38486023
Are you slacking on the job?
Get back to work >>38485367
>>
What's the most effective way to format my order?

I don't know enough about the point of sale system to tell you the first things first.
>>
>>38486023
I wanna Big Mac and a chocolate shake
>>
>>38486071
lol No, but I've been meaning to make this thread and that post pushed me to do it. I'm offering a real AMA here and also offering myself as a punching bag if you need to yell at someone for any bad experiences. Please.
>>
Are there really douches that order the most complicated thing ever just to be a dick?
>>
>>38486145
Small, medium, or large on that chocolate shake, patronon? Smalls are specially priced at just $2 right now!
>>
How many normie memers do you deal with? Ones that ask for boneless shit, that sorta stuff.
>>
>>38486138
I'm a sandwich maker at wendy's, please just say your sandwiches first so I can start making them, then go on to combos and such and repeat the order if you need to. It will come out quicker and make my life much easier

Also, never come in 30 minutes before closing or later, your food will take like 10 minutes because we pack all the stuff up early and everything will be made to order.
>>
>>38486023
How many people you have served Spitburger?
>>
>>38486218
I've always assumed that pretty much everything other than the fries are pre-made, wrapped and left on a heating tray while they wait to be adopted.
>>
>>38486154
There is this one oldish lady that orders extremely slowly and in a condescending tone that I hate so much. Oh, and she ALWAYS, ALWAYS forgets to order something at the speaker and has to finish her order with me when she gets to the window. She rotates between a few items but always forgets what things are called or she absolutely needs to find it in the menu before she orders it. Very, very slow in taking out her money too. Her order isn't really complicated, but she is the most dickish customer I have.
>>
>>38486201
Sparingly! We do offer turkey sausage and that pleases a lot of people. I've only had 2 people in the 1.5 years I've been here that try to ask if we have any GMO free products or whatever.
>>
>>38486282
This might be true at mcdonuts, but at wendy's, everything is assembled to order. Salads are premade, but the chicken and other toppings are added to order also.

>Inb4 wwndy's shill
I kinda am I guess, but I just appreciate a fast food place that actually gives a shit about what they serve.
>>
>>38486138
If you're ordering just a combo, something like:
>Regular number 5 with a coke

If you go:
>Sandwich, make it a combo--regular sized [most people don't even mention what drink they want]
That makes me press more buttons. But honestly, I don't care as long as you do tell me and don't think I was supposed to read your mind that you wanted something to be a combo.

Happy meals are a different story. They are so annoying because people just order "a happy meal" and then move on with it. Um, what side choice would you like, what toy, what drink, what main item happy meal?
>>
>>38486154
At my wendy's, we have a couple regulars that are dicks. One divorced woman comes in 3-4 times a week and gets about 10 sandwiches all special. If a single thing is even slightly off, she will make us remake the order.
>>
>>38486534
Whenever I order a combo with a sandwich they always ask me if I want cheese or bacon and what to drink. So I didn't know if there's a certain order these things go in or if saying everything all at once would kinda overwhelm the cashier.

It's probably fine but I feel like being able to spit the whole thing out in one short line would be the best, for maximum fastness.
>>
>>38486282
I'm thinking a lot of people think like this because I've had some customer ask me if it would take longer to get their order if they ordered it without pickles. No? If anything .002 seconds faster or however long it takes to apply pickles. Beef and chicken are frozen and are cooked in batches and put in heating trays and are held for a set amount of time. When the timer runs out, items should be discarded but I don't think we ever do that... we just reset the timer. Sandwiches aren't premade though. We're a busy store so things don't sit too long, but stuff could be sitting for a while if slow, yup...
>>
>on mcdonald's drive through for 9 hour shift
>ever few seconds an order almost the same as the last
>run out of ice cream, milkshake and coke
>stuck in box by myself all day taking orders from plebs
>start getting irritable
>get 3 complaints about me in this period

If I was in a good mood I'd either be lying or stupid.
>>
>>38486023
What shift do you work? Do you have bro managers? Do you get to listen to music at work? Do you have any good food you make that's not on the menu?
>>
>>38486629
Combo Size -> Combo Number -> Drink is the exact order we'd press the buttons with no jumping around to change things. I don't know why you're being asked if you'd like cheese or bacon? That doesn't sound like us. It might be a customer service thing where the staff knows people forget to ask for cheese/bacon a lot so they ask everyone.
>>
>>38486282
The meat is cooking and in the cabinets but we have to assemble the sandwich when we got the order.
>>
File: 3c26b8fbd8477441d9cca5b057e7ac40.jpg (185KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3c26b8fbd8477441d9cca5b057e7ac40.jpg
185KB, 1200x1200px
Anyone ever try frying grilled chicken? It's super freaking good, way better than any of the other chicken IMO. Takes about the same time to cook as mcchicken.
>>
>>38486915
>What shift do you work?
Morning shift, 5AM to 1PM. I think it's the best shift. Even when I don't get enough sleep, I'm just there in my drive through room sipping coffee while it's nice and not many people are coming by except to order coffee too!

>Do you have bro managers?
All of the managers are girls lol But yeah, I think one of the managers is my friend. I don't know though... I don't let them know how messed up I am, but I think they might know

>Do you get listen to music at work?
No... not unless I'm in the break room, I suppose. But people here really like to make small talk, I'm not really comfortable with small talk, but I still don't wear headphones. It's too memeish I think
>>
>>38486023
how do you do it

i worked at mcdonalds for 3 months and as soon as I got home eveyry shift i would break down crying
>>
>>38487126
>It's too memeish I think
There is literally nothing wrong with using headphones on your break.
>>
>>38487126
Oh crap.

>Do you have any good food you make that's not on the menu?
It was called the Daily Double, but they took it off the menu. So it's:

>McDouble
>NO ketchup
>NO mustard
>NO pickles
>NO onion
>ADD mayo [or mac sauce]
>ADD shredded lettuce
>ADD tomato

I'm uh simple man
>>
File: 1446096283612.gif (403KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
1446096283612.gif
403KB, 360x640px
>tfw you make everyone listen to weeb music at work
>>
>>38487175
I meant stuff that's unconventional. Like people at my store make quesadillas. Someone use to make tacos. I fry grilled chicken.
>>
Is there anything I, as a customer, can do to make your drive through job easier? I already try to speak clearly, loudly, and know pretty much what I want by the time I pull up to order. I just hate the thought of making someone else's day worse.
>>
>>38487228
If you're waiting in line after ordering, get your money ready before you get to the window. Makes everything go a lot faster.
>>
>>38487155
Thank you, anon... I'll do it, I always want to.
>>
>>38487206
lol Oh, then no. General manager is far too by the book to let things like that happen. I can only go crazy with the NOs and ADDs lol. And then I don't really like many things here.
>>
>>38487329
Pretty sure my GM doesn't approve either but he never stays for a close so we can get away with shit like that.
>>
File: annoyed-14.jpg (75KB, 517x450px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed-14.jpg
75KB, 517x450px
>tfw you're store is going franchise and they're taking away your free meals and making you pay for uniforms and shoes
>>
>>38487228
Hm, you sound perfect, anon! This is really not true for everyone, but not bad practice at all. Just keep your talks beyond your order to "please" "thank you" and well wishes for me to have a good day. If you talk to me like I'm your friend and try to make conversation, I get anxious as heck.
>>
File: all the smoothies.png (518KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
all the smoothies.png
518KB, 1080x1920px
Check this, guys. So while I'm working drive through, I have my phone out on the counter and scan McCafe orders into the 'Buy Five Get 1 Free" thing from the app. They stack up and I have 38 right now. *hopes no one from mcdonalds app team sees this* please, mcdonalds, the job is torment, this is the only thing I have please don't fix!
>>
File: 1493260498163.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493260498163.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>38487189
What job do you work?

>>38487018
That sounds weird. Why would you go through the effort of grilling it, if you're just going to fry it?
>>
>>38488316
I don't grill it. The fried chicken and grill chicken are different. But it turns out the chicken you're supposed to grill is better when fried.
>>38488316
McDonalds
>>
>>38486023
plz be my McDonalds gf
>>
>>38488357
I'm no good for anyone, anon. Why do you want a McDonald's gf?
>>
Drive thru is the true robot's dream.

t. Arby's worker
>>
>>38488648
What the fuck no, what kind of robot wants to be stuck dealing with customers all day?
>>
How do you get the courage to steal from work?
There are so many opportunities, I could get away with all of it, but when the temptation gets so bad that I almost do it, my conscience is all like "how could you even consider doing this" and I stop and pray for forgiveness.
>>
>>38486023
Whats the most outlandish moments you've experienced at work?
>>
>>38488681
You're not robot if you think customers are the worst part. Get back to working the front people.
>>
>>38488937
>not being the dish guy
>>
>>38488768
Well I do steal from work, but in the Robin Hood kind of way. Make something from their order free if they are nice. Or sometimes for nice regulars, I pay for their order and I'm just like, "hey, yeah, car in front of you paid for your order :3" I make sure car in front has left. I do admit that I am tempted to steal from the storage. I think it'd be cool to have some Mac Sauce at home! I always want to ask if I could buy it.
>>
>>38488798
I regret that I don't have any stories to tell 3:
Oh, well, there was this one time where I was eating in the dining room on my break and some guy sat next to me. The way he carried himself and his mannerisms and the way he talked kind of made me think he was gay, right? But he just went on about god, giving me the god talk, some edgy athiest overheard him giving me his lecture which I was just nodding my head too. It turned into a big fight and my general manager had to come out and kick them both out of the store and they were actually banned, and oh my god, they would still come and then I was forced to tell them, I'm sorry but I cannot serve you, no, I don't think I ever did muster the strength to say that to them. I'm spineless, anon. Oh, and during these times when I was new there was this other guy that I hope wore adult diapers--he smelled like shit u_u I wonder about him a lot
>>
>>38488951
I've known few dish guys. Most were Hispanic. There was this one that straight up would break 4th wall consistently any time someone walked by. I felt jealous because he was having fun, but then I saw how angry he'd get and then I stopped being as jealous of his position in not only the workplace, but in life.
>>
Yeah OP can I get a motherfuckin uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>38486023
I envy you. It's a living hell being a fucking pizza delivery driver.
But anyways enough about me I'll have uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, 20 Piece McNugget, Large Fries, and a medium root beer please.
>>
>>38489196
I am amused by uhhhhers. They can uhhh forever and I'll just be smiling.

>can i get uhhh...sorry, uhh...alright, can i get uhhh... ... ... ... uh number 1 with uhh... ... ...
Apparently I should be asking if they're looking for anything in particular, but nah, sorry.
>>
>>38489273
That'll be $9.26, anon :3 ...But we don't carry root beer, and I've never had root beer before, but apparently I should ask if Dr. Pepper would be okay. So how about a Dr. Pepper, anon?
>>
>>38489331
Yeah Dr. Pepper is fine.
>>
>>38489273
Why choose the pizza boy life? Seems like hell. I heard the big chains really screw over their drivers.
>>
>>38489534
Eh it's not so bad at 'za Hut. Depending on how good the tips are I can usually get paid anywhere from 7 to even 20 dollars an hour. I don't really know how it works at other chains though.
The main thing I don't like about 'za Hut is how um.... "factory workish" it is there. Literally everything is frozen, nothing is fresh, not even the dough. 'za Hut requires the cooks to use stencils so that they don't use too many toppings. It's like walking into a morgue when I go into the kitchen.
>>
>>38489140
Worst ive ever seen was a woman ordering fries just to throw them at the cashier
>>
>>38486501
wendy's is good f4m, i appreciate it.
>>
McDonald's here is relatively decent. I think they had to do a step up in quality when they implemented in my country, because when I went to the US, it tasted much worse.

I'm jealous of all the variety of fast food you have in the US. Here we only had McDonald's and an alternative partially run by the state (not even kidding) for a long time. When KFC and Burger Kings arrived, there were hour long lines, just because of novelty.

I still go eat at McDonald's every few weeks, though. It's good comfort food. I usually take a Big Mac, a large fries, large Zero Coke in a menu and 9 nuggets. Occasionally a McFlurry.
>>
File: IMG_3706.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3706.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>38489844
I also go there a bit more now because they installed a lot of pic related. It's so much easier to deal with for me.

I'm sorry to all the cashiers who are losing their jobs to them.
>>
>>38486023
I handed in my application at my local McDonalds they haven't called me in four days

Should I call them to seem interested?
H
>>
>>38490297
If McDonald's is hiring and doesn't call you back within a day you really need to work on your resume.
>>
>>38489901
for some reason some people just don't like to order off of these. They still get in line.
>>
>>38486023
Hi, Dafran. How's the new job?
>>
>>38489844
>>38489901
Since I can tell from the pic that you are Swiss (I assume you took it yourself) I have to ask: What partially run by the state alternative are you talking about? And I am pretty sure that there is no KFC in the entire country.
We do have smaller, more local fast food restaurants though (kebab stands, sausages to go, slightly more upscale burger chains like Holy Cow, some Pasta places, delivery Pizza, ...)
>>
>>38491487
>>38491487
Sorry, I'm French, I just found a pic on Google Image and saved it on my phone. I was talking about Quick which is originally Belgian, and the first European burger fast food restaurant. It was owned in large part by the CDC, basically the way French government uses to invest, or to retain control of privatized companies. Quick was recently bought by Burger King, though, and all the Quick restaurants are eventually going to turn into Burger King ones.
>>
Save your dignity, work in an actual kitchen and not a fast food place (plus it's easier to get and keep a job in a real restaurant).
>>
>>38486023
>Roll up to McDonalds drive through
>Yell to mummy from the special big boy back seat
>"CHICKEN TENDIES AND CHOCY MILK!"
>mummy makes the order while tears stream down her face.
>The tendies lady is looks uncomfortable
>Best 30th birthday ever
>>
Do you feel sad when you serve people your age that are more successful?
>>
Does it bother people when I ask for no onions?
>>
>>38494147
No, unless you're making so many changes that it's pretty much a different sandwich it doesn't really make that much of a difference to use. It does get annoying when you get orders with say, 4 McDoubles but everyone one of them is special in a different way.
>>
File: thinking loli.jpg (33KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
thinking loli.jpg
33KB, 560x560px
>>38486023
why do you take 10 seconds to understand what I say and then reply
>>
>>38486218
Are you that guy that kept making those what's your job, I'm a chef at Wendy's threads some time ago on /b/ ?
>>
why does my mum hate the drive through?
>>
>>38486023
How black are you, midnight or merely shit brown?
>>
>>38488648
writing code freelance from home is the robots true dream
>decent pay
>easy
>only interaction is with automated forms and emails
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.