[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cannot stop smoking weed and it is ruining my life. What

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: CITRUS.jpg (692KB, 2499x2499px) Image search: [Google]
CITRUS.jpg
692KB, 2499x2499px
I cannot stop smoking weed and it is ruining my life. What should I do?
>>
>>38476619

Stop smoking dope. No fucking excuses.

it makes you lazy
>>
Moderation. Smoke only Friday-Sunday. Go sober the rest of the time. Don't spend all your money. Get some self control.
>>
>>38476619
What caused you to smoke it in the first place?
>>
Had the same experience.
Weed pretty much took 4 years of my life.
Came to a point where I couldn't afford any drugs anymore, thank good. After 2-3 weeks I didn't miss it at all...
>>
>>38476648
Mostly having no self control. Years long habits are hard to break. I can stop for a month tops, but I always come back and binge.
>>
How is it ruining your life? I smoke about 4 or 5 joints daily
>>
Stop being gay and do something while you smoke. Weed isn't an activity, it's an enhancer for an activity. You're using it wrong
>>
>>38476682
Because it keeps me stuck in a certain mindset, and I feel like I have stopped growing as a person, because all I seem to want to do is smoke weed and veg out by myself. Also, you do you man, some people react better to weed. Maybe I just cant.
>>
>>38476678
And how is it ruining you life? If i may ask
>>
>>38476706
>Because it keeps me stuck in a certain mindset, and I feel like I have stopped growing as a person, because all I seem to want to do is smoke weed and veg out by myself.

I am not blaming weed, I am saying I am using it in a way that is not making my life any better. Just the opposite.
>>
>>38476619
What is it that you want to achieve wich weed isnt helping with?
>>
>>38476732
I'd just seek out professional help if you really want to stop
>>
>>38476746
Weed makes me asocial for one. It mostly keeps me by myself at this point, as well as anxious when I am around others. Symptom or cause, I know I would be more social without. Not to mention a lack of hobbies and physical activity. I my just be using weed wrong, but I guess I am not cut out for it.
>>
>>38476766
would it be a bad sign to say I am afraid of doing that? Either by giving me a record, or just by overpaying...I am hesitant
>>
>>38476830
Since stopping cold turkey didn't work for you i recommend lowering how much you smoke week by week.
For example if you smoke 3 grams a day drop it to 2 grams a day for a week. That's just an example, you will have to adjust it your personal dosage
>>
>>38476619
OP I was like this and the only option is to completely stop for a few months. If you have friends that smoke as well just drink instead. I know it sucks but I only smoke every couple of weeks now and has made my life so much better.
>>
File: 1490307181319.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490307181319.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>38476619
When I quit I just do a lot to keep preoccupied; the worse symptom is boredom. Or I'll binge watch something.
>>
>>38476830
You are hesitant because you are addicted, the reason you cant stop cold turkey is because you probably know subconsiously you will start some time again. If you really want to stop, seek help since you already tried on your own and it didnt work. Ask yourself this: Do you want to stay in the current state you're in your whole life, or make a change? it'll be hard but not impossible. If you really want to stop you can
>>
>>38476619
just dont?

When I get to tolerated, I just take a break, do a bunch of physical exercise, and drink more.

Then after 4-5 days, I have an extra 4-5 days worth of weed (I buy a quarter a month, space it out @1.75g a week, with rollovers) then for the first couple of days back I smoke a little extra

I do this probably every 4-5 weeks
>>
It's weed not crack. Stop being such a fucking pussy and stop smoking jesus
>>
How do robots even get weed, seems like a complicated process and that you have to be socially capable to find a dealer
>>
>>38476830
Hey, OP. I've known my way around the mental health system from a young age, and you have nothing to worry about.
Counselors, therapists, psychologists, etc have no interest in getting you arrested for doing something illegal unless it is causing harm to others.
If you sit down in their chair and start talking about suicidal ideations while insisting that you're going to go kill yourself *today* or that you want to strangle your mother while she sleeps, that you mean it and have a plan in your head of how you'd do so then they would say something to the police.
Things that pertain to personal drug use or seeing hookers or theft are all things that they wouldn't consider reporting, all things that they just want to talk to you about and help you overcome.
I absolutely promise you that they're contractually binded to keep your info totally private unless you're dangerous to yourself or others.
Please see an addiction counselor, there are a lot of resources out there for addicts if you look online in your area.
>>
>>38477304
You find someone who looks like a pothead (extra points if he is nice and doesn`t want to rip you off) and ask him how to score some weed.
Also you should try to be polite not too suspicious yourself since he has to trust you.
I hope you know how to approach strangers and have some charisma even though we`re on r9k here.
>>
File: Download.jpg (57KB, 690x458px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
57KB, 690x458px
>>38477603
Oregano (don`t buy that)
>>
>>38476619
If you have a tendency for addiction like me, you're best substituting that habit with something else that keeps you busy for a sustained period of time, whether it's school studies, video games, cooking, drawing, music, or exercising. Any time I stop smoking for personal reasons, I just go cold turkey and avoid hanging out with people that would pressure me. Usually feel like my mood and motivation returns to baseline after 2 or 3 days
>>
>>38477304
off the internet
>>
>>38477304
Move to a city where you can walk into a store and buy it
>>
File: 1495727337467.png (234KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
1495727337467.png
234KB, 600x599px
>dude weed isnt' addictive lmao
>dude weed has no negative effects lmao
idiot stoners, you're below me in every way and you can't disprove this
>>
>>38476619
I wasn't hired for a good job coz dirty test. Never smoked again.
>>
>>38476619
Cut down.
I was like that, would panic if I didn't have weed and couldn't cope without getting stoned daily.
These days I'll smoke for 2 weeks, then have 2 weeks off and not smoke at all... then repeat.
I've not smoked in almost 2 weeks now, gonna pick up on Friday.

I barely ever bother looking for a job if I'm stoned, I'll just play Fallout 4 or something... but on the 2 weeks where I don't smoke I'll make an extra effort to do the things that NEED to be done, I fucking love the motivation.

If I start a new job soon I might quit entirely for a while so I don't do anything to fuck shit up.
>>
>>38476619
cool wallpaper desu
>>
>>38478042
>dude weed isnt' addictive lmao
It's just as addictive as sweets, vidyas etc.
>dude weed has no negative effects lmao
Almost everything has negative effects. Why should I care?
>>
>>38479112
lmao you're in such denial
you're sub-dirt
>>
File: 1474384594499.jpg (118KB, 627x477px) Image search: [Google]
1474384594499.jpg
118KB, 627x477px
@38479176
Not even trying to disprove what I said. Nice b8.
>>
>>38478042
>Below me in every way

I make just over $150k a year and I smoke weed almost daily. Do you make more than that?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.