[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how any of you niggers have evil coddling parents that want to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15

File: 1407373912784.png (195KB, 316x313px) Image search: [Google]
1407373912784.png
195KB, 316x313px
how any of you niggers have evil coddling parents that want to infantalize you and hold you back from the world? i blame 99% of my autism on them, i am finally trying to get out
>>
My mom was like that

Move out as soon as possible, you'll be surprised by how quickly things turn around. Although I'm still deeply autistic on a certain level because of my experiences growing up.
>>
File: 1484160155399.jpg (46KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484160155399.jpg
46KB, 645x773px
>>38464075

It's 20 times worse when they wonder why you turned out socially retarded. "Anon, how come you never go out much? Never mind that I never let you leave the house on your own until you were 16. The world is a great place filled with amazing adventures!"
>>
File: 1417288612743.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1417288612743.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>>38464197
I ONLY WANT TO SUCCEED TO SPITE THEM
>>
>>38464197
I fucking hate mine for this.
>Anon, why don't you do things with your friends?
>Assuming I have friends
>>
>"at least you're not out drinking and doing drugs anon!"
>tfw parents convinced me my involuntary isolation was virtue
I think this is how the alt-right was born desu
>>
>>38464075
They won't let me have a fucking job, they've been holding me from getting my driver's license, they won't let me have my own bank account. I'm 20 in two weeks. I'm going to go through undergrad, then I'm fucking putting my foot down, making my own account, and going to work on a cruise ship for a few years.
>>
>>38466159
don't leave it that long anon, things will only get more tangled. go behind their backs, you are an adult. as soon as you're legal wherever you live talk to your bank.
>>
>>38466217
They'd find out if I made it before I was through with school. I'll bide my time, and then when I'm close to graduating I'll talk to them about it. At that point no matter if they're for it or against it I'll still go through with it, because they literally can't use the "you're still a kid" or "you don't need a job right now" argument with a fucking 23 year old
>>
>>38466267
get a job as soon as you can at least. see if you can get part time work while going to school. if you haven't had a job yet you're already very behind don't fall further.
>>
>>38466301
I realize I'm already far in the hole. I literally can't get a job though, they won't let me keep one and there's no way I could 100% hide having one from them. I'm just going to go through these last 2 years and try to start my professional life when I get out. At least I've done a good job of building/keeping a network so far, so at least some people will know me in the field I'm trying to get into when I show up on the scene.
>>
Anons you have to GET THE FUCK OUT. Your parents are insecure assholes and will die one day and you will be dependent virgins
>>
>>38464075
This is fuckinng horseshiit. My parents are literally the opposite, they never gave a fuck about me and I moved at the age of 19, still I'm an autistic anxious faggot KHHV with literally no interaction with people outside my shitty job. You fucking faggots make me sick, at least you have parents that take care of you.
>>
>>38466398
Both extremes are extremely damaging to a person. There's such thing as too much care, I'm severely lacking in skills that I need to fucking survive in the real world because they wouldn't allow me to be in the situations needed to develop them.
>>
>>38466384
>they won't let me
here's your problem. What are they gonna do? Are they gonna stop you? Physically?
>>
>>38464197
>I'm an ugly manlet
>Naturally introverted and shit at making and keeping friends
>"Why are you a loser anon? Why aren't you chad?"
>Maybe it's because I got all the shit genes from both sides of the family and a whole host of birth defects that have fucked my shit up even more
>Dad is literally exactly like the hip new boomer dad meme going around "You're going to print out your resume and go in to every store and ask for the manager until you get a new job"
>Mother is constantly moody and emotional and bitchy and changes her mind about everything constantly
>Her attempts to "help" and her "advice" have made everything 3 times worse, I suspect that she knows this and doesn't care
>Most of my "friends" constantly find excuses to get away from me

I don't have anywhere near enough money to move out anyway. So I'm stuck in this shithole town that I got bored of 10 years ago, and my parents are trying to turn me into a worse version of themselves
>>
>>38466517
I know technically you're right. But as long as my main home is under their roof I'm kind of fucked. I understand I'll be behind everyone else in the game when I really get started, but I'll play it safe and stick to this plan of breaking away upon graduation.
>>
i will read everything but OP, at first I need to say. I 'm with you.

My mom and dad always blocked me to go outdoors. I never was able to left the house, never had permission to do any fucking thing.
I had even a date in HS, cinema and these things (I was KV btw), but my mom never give the money and don't want me outside.

And there happens the following .. I finish high school and my mother prevents me from having a job ..
Consequently, I spend two years of my life locked up at home, without seeing the sun for months and without speaking to anyone real beyond she, who is neither a good person nor a caring mother, I must say. Too overprotective, but without love, you understand? She gives a fuck about how I feel about this.
Social isolation, to the point of turning me into a wizard, made me adquire crippling depression, and every day I breathed with enormous pain.
I went to university, but I was still in the same crap.
My mother does not let me go to parties, live alone or with others, do various things and worst of all, do not let me work! She hates seeing the idea of me working!

The end of the story, and I want you to take notes anon, is as follows.
Get a job as fast as you can and go have your life.
Break up with this family that makes you lose years of your life and have a life without dignity.
I now received my first salary on the 10th, just 8 days ago. I hope in August I can live alone and pay my bills. I'm 21 and I'm finally freeing myself.
>>
File: spurdo.png (13KB, 557x606px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
13KB, 557x606px
This is literally the origin of our generation's collective neuroses.

For the boomers, parents ignored their children, so kids moved out early, drank, smoked, and generally raised a ruckus.

For millenials / gen y, the parents coddled and infantilized their children, so the kids stayed at home and were 'better behaved' -- but anxious, self-conscious, and scared of doing things that might offend.

It is the origin of the "nu-male" meme.
>>
File: 1494012497070.jpg (83KB, 1375x645px) Image search: [Google]
1494012497070.jpg
83KB, 1375x645px
>>38466613
anon ... we're going to make it
>>
>>38466762
but the nu-males are the normies aren't they? or are they just the ones without self awareness?
>>
>mom encouraged me to drop out of school
>mom encouraged me to quit any job I had
>mom never encouraged me to go to college or learn to drive
>realize she is just lonely

>move to another city
>doing so fucking well
>but I'm 26 and my growth is obviously stunted
>no matter how well I do, life is suffering because my mom ruined my fucking childhood
>>
File: 1484635433469.jpg (32KB, 388x492px) Image search: [Google]
1484635433469.jpg
32KB, 388x492px
>>38466809
I'm not talking about R9K. I'm talking about everyone, to an extent. If you know anyone between the ages of 20 and 30, it is likely that they were over-parented, whether they're dysfunctional or not.

If you know someone in their 50s or 60s, by contrast, it would be very rare for them to be over parented. For example, ask your parents (assuming they grew up in the 60s, 70s or early 80s) if this was normal behavior for their friends' parents when they were growing up:
>>38466384
>>38466613
>>38466159

If the parents of these posters existed in the 1960s, they would have been labeled deeply strange.
>>
File: 1490213646586.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490213646586.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>38464075
>Had this cool friend who had lots of other friends
>He lived down the block from me so we hung out and skated around the neighborhood a lot for a couple school years
>We find a new guy down the road a bit, 2 blocks down
>It's across this slightly busy road that people occasionally speed on
>Mom doesn't let me go to that guy's house with friend
>She says she doesn't know his parents and she doesn't want me to cross the busy road
>Tell her to call his parents
>She doesn't
>Keep telling her to, I want to go to his house and play PlayStation for the first time ever because my parents never bought me one even though they had plenty of money because they thought video games are a waste of time despite spending the literal majority of their time watching garbage on TV
>She doesn't
>I end up breaking her rule and going anyway
>Go a few times, feel a rush of adrenaline for breaking the rules and it was fun, finally I got to go to a new friend's house
>She literally marches up the road one day and makes me come home for no reason, I'm crying because I'm scared of my punishment
>Tell her to stop being so overprotective
>She doesn't care

Well that's one of the last times I had friends who wanted me to go to their houses. I basically gave up after this and ended up becoming more of a loser obsessed with a certain online game

Fuck my life, too late now "friends" aren't really a thing for adults... It's okay though mom, I never needed to learn how to interact with other people. I can stay safe in my empty apartment with no social contact, at least I don't have to cross a busy road or risk getting kidnapped by a friend's perfectly normal parents right!

Thanks mom.
>>
>>38467006
Do you think my life is still salvageable if I stick to my plan and get away and get a job after my undergrad is over? I can't accept that two more years will break me at this point, but I don't know.
>>
>>38467145
>Always wore shitty old clothes that didn't fit me well because my parents wanted to spend their money on new furniture and additions to the house instead of clothes for me so I could reasonably fit in, and thus I was always self conscious
>Didn't go to any dances because I didn't want to ask my parents for a ride
>Had this "I don't need friends I'm more mature than that, I just focus on school to be successful and that will make me end up on top in the end" mentality because of my parents
>Once I get older parents occasionally say "Why don't you go out with any friends?"

FUCK YOU
>>
>>38467192
I wish I fucking broke the rules, I wish I went to detention once for doing something fun with my friends instead of saying "Haha no I'll stay here don't want to get in trouble"

I wish I fucking never used the internet

Oh my fucking god FUCK MY LIFE I want to kill myself
>>
>>38467145
Is your mom alive?

You should email her this.
>>
>>38467172
look at yourself, you're a dependent. in place of mommy and daddy you're asking anon permission to have your own life. your life will be salvageable when you start to live it and stop asking others to do it for you
>>
>>38467172
why in a rush to start your 40 years of 9-5?
>>
File: 1452799378241.jpg (87KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1452799378241.jpg
87KB, 645x773px
>>38467192
>Had this "I don't need friends I'm more mature than that, I just focus on school to be successful and that will make me end up on top in the end" mentality because of my parents
>Once I get older parents occasionally say "Why don't you go out with any friends?"
>>
>>38467331
to be honest a 9 - 5 isn't much different than being in high school...although chances are you don't get summer off, but still, its about the same thing.

And plus he is more free and not being controlled. Wage slavery is actually kind of freedom in a way, or at least the closest thing some of us will experience.
>>
https://youtu.be/rYCODMuoHNI

Age aint shit. Leave home. Climb a mountain. Stay out until the sun comes up. Gain experiences. There are no rules in life. Just enjoy yourself.
>>
>>38467225
>Cheap dad who hates spending money on anything
>Internalize the idea that I'm not worthy of any money being spent on me
>Refuse to let my parents buy me things
>Mom buys me a nice gift one day
>I freak out and reject it and tell her to return it because I don't want it and I'm scared that if I accept it my dad will get mad at me
>He's always approving whenever I try to return things my mom gets even though she's just trying to be nice

>Was buying something online once
>My mom's sitting nearby so I ask her to read out my credit card number to help me confirm that I typed it in right
>My dad freaks out and says "What? What are you doing!" angrily thinking my mom was buying me something
>Tell him it's my credit card, he's still a little mad a while later
>Now that I'm older he tells me he has hundreds of thousands of dollars saved up in addition to his retirement and is going to buy himself a Mercedes and maybe even buy a spare house
>Thanks dad, didn't want to buy me clothes though so I refused to let my mom buy me them out of fear that he'd be mad, and kept wearing hand-me-downs way too long even though I looked weird

FUCK YOU DAD

>Horribly allergic to pets
>We get a cat, they let it live inside the house
>My social abilities are ruined due to a literal requirement to blow my nose at least twice every hour
>He gets a dog one day
>Even more ruined, I legitimately now have to blow my nose every 10 minutes of my life, randomly in class, I'm known as the guy with kleenex in his pocket who blows his nose all the time
>He always opens my fucking bedroom door when I'm gone to "Let it air out" even though I tell him to keep it closed so the animals don't go lay on my bed, and they always do

FUCK YOU DAD

OMFG THINKING BACK I FUCKING HATE THESE PEOPLE
>>
>>38467570
>Break down and tell my mom I think I have social phobia or social anxiety
>Tell her how I can barely talk to people, even close relatives, how my mind just races with anxiety and I can't get the words out, I literally cannot connect to anyone except online, this is a huge issue for me, etc
>She says "Well maybe we'll have to get you counselling or something"
>She doesn't
>Thanks mom
>>
>Anon you're always in your room its worrying
>Why don't you go out more anon?
>Why don't you make some friends it'll be good for you
>It's unhealthy to be inside all day anon
>Why don't you have any friends

Years later, finally make friends
>You're never around anymore anon
>It just seems like you're never here
>All you do is spend time with friends
>Why aren't you here for me when I need you?
>>
>NOBODY IN THIS HOUSE DOES ANYTHING BUT ME
>OH WOE IS ME I WISH I COULD CATCH A BREAK I DO EVERYTHING
>WOULD IT HURT TO HELP ONCE IN A WHILE?

>Busy doing something
>HERE LET ME DO IT YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT
>DO IT MY WAY
>I'LL TAKE OVER
>>
>>38467449
How can I leave home and do crazy shit if I barely have any money and wouldn't be able to make any money anywhere except here?
>>
File: 1459567880164.png (103KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459567880164.png
103KB, 471x480px
I'm in the same position as OP. My mom set me up for an asswiping job with a rotating shift, plus family related slave labor so now I can't even go to college regularly anymore.

I wish I had just enlisted into the army like I originally planned in high school.
>>
I usually see this with narcissistic parents. Children are a reliable source of narcissistic supply and keeping them dependent and insecure about their abilities is a good way to keep that. This thread is triggering me and I absolutely hate narcissists.
>>
>>38467806
>>38467741
is this a single mother thing?
originalli?
>>
>>38467874
The best thing to do is to realize what they're doing isn't love and that they're using you and will leave you to die alone after they're gone and you've sacrificed your future. Get away from them asap.
>>
>>38467916
It can be but it can also be an indication as to why she's single to begin with.
>>
>>38467874
My dad was this way

He's make us "help" him do home improvement all day but we never got to do anything, if we asked to paint he'd say "NO LET ME DO IT, DON"T TOUCH THAT" then he'd just stroke the roller up and down on the wall as if it's so hard. He loved to pretend he had superior technique in mundane normal tasks and never let me and my siblings do anything, but we had to stand around and literally watch him, waiting for when he'd ask us to do something like hand him something two feet away once an hour or so.
>>
My mother is exactly like that. Parents divorced when I was a youngling, mom got custody of me. I see my dad every now and then. He 100% agrees that my mom is trying to hold me back from getting my life on track. He says that if I move out she'll have nothing, which is kinda true. She doesn't have any hobbies or friends, by her own decision. So she'd be alone. I kinda feel bad but at the same time I'm certain she's the root of most of my psychological issues just cause of the shit she does, so I wanna get free ASAP.
>>
Is there any way out of this other than military?
>>
>>38468166
Just digging into yourself and establishing healthy boundaries. Space helps but you can do it with willpower if you're strong enough and the recourse isn't too severe. 90 percent of these kind of issues are mental.
>>
this thread is blackpilling me HARD
>>
>>38464075
>parents don't let me leave the house to be with friends unless they interrogate me and make me a nervous wreck before and after going out
>sometimes when I ask to go somewhere they get an angry look on their faces and don't acknowledge me in any way when I'm standing right in front of them
Also
>starting college in the fall
>forced to commute (40 minutes)
>if I move out and pay for my own rent and food at any time during the 4 years im enrolled in college they said they'll just stop paying my tuition because "they only want what's best for me"
>implying living at home and having a stunted social life and being treated like a 15 year old are what's best for me
Should I kill myself or what
>>
>>38468552
You should cut contact with your parents and just fuck it

Go work your ass off

Anon please get through hell and make us proud. Work your ass off and pay for your own living while you're in college. If you get bored find a new job and then quit your old one and switch over to your new one.

We already have no fucking friends, who cares what you're spending your time doing? 4 years, it's worth it anon

I did it except I didn't have a job at the time so I spent my life shitposting while not studying - I fucking wish I got a shit tier job at a fast food place or something. It's good for being social, it forces you to talk to people

Please anon do it for us - go to uni and get a job

Make sure to do a good major like CS though or else no point
>>
GRAAAAAAAAAAARBVHGAGEHISADGPIHUAGUIPOHGAGAGWGWEAGAW MY LIFE FUCKING SUCKS SO MUCH FUCCCCCCCCCCK
>>
>pulled out of public school at end of 2nd grade
>home-schooled all the way until the end of highschool
>during that time spend a total of 4 hours out of the house per week
>1 hour to turn in schoolwork
>3 hours at church
>am now 21 year old neet
>parents, even though claiming christianity, are divorcing
>still expect me to live to a standard they won't hold themselves to
>tells me how, if i'm not a christian, i'm not their son anymore
>alcoholic brother, who occasionally does cocaine, physically abused me several times while drunk
>even tried to gouge my eyes out with a knife
>mother wrongfully complains how she's treated like a second-class citizen
>dad has pretty much checked out and spends his time working, going to the movies with his estranged sister, or mission trips to mexico
>while growing up, parents have both, continually, told me how no one will ever treat me as good as they do
i just want to cease to exist
>>
>>38468639
If I cut my parents out of my life they won't pay for my tuition. Even if I could afford to rent an apartment and feed myself they'd still stop paying my tuition and then cut me off for good
>>
>>38468811
Take our loans and work hard to pay for your own tuition

Go to a cheap state school and choose a good major anonsun
>>
>>38468851
Is 22-24 too old for dorm life? Will I need an apartment?
>>
born white borne middle class born in one of the aafest periods of uistory in one of the safest countries no physical feformies

>parents lanage ti fuck my life ip anyway
>>
>>38469033
Yeah it's probably too old I'd suggest an apartment desu
>>
>>38469033
HELL NO think of all those virginal 18 y/o girls for you to deflower and cool you will be with the frat bros for being old enough to buy liquor
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 205x246px
>Be me
>Childhood spent in trailer living like trash, constantly hear about a house to live in.
>Be me 8th grade
>in shelter, now my mom pressures my dad for house
>Be me 9th grade
>live in government house, grandma tells my mom to move and leave my dad as hes useless.
>During this time i went to the hospital, i was constantly told i would be leaving to live a new life but it never happened
>yes i did have a female therapist
>Be me now graduated
>rotting i tell my mom i want to fuck off already and my brother takes note of this and agrees i can live better if i fucked off.
>i dont matter though, my dad who is useless does.
>he literally is just money.he never put effort into keeping a family, im honestly sick both of my family that i have constant thoughts of changing my dna.
>Be me viewed as an enemy. I already stated i want to fuck off but my mom just wants me here.
>household shames me for getting an app that gives you money for having a lockscreen
>i tell them ill work i just want to fuck off where no one knows me and i can start fresh.
>momisahoarder.png
>dadisapennypinchingdegenerate.jpg

Its obvious my dad is saving his money. Its obvious my family is very regressive i dont care for them anymore. Ill go to the length of getting plastic face surgery and laser hair removal and wearing colored contacts.

I blame myself really. Theres alot of cheap rent around me and i have an opportunity to work in a factory with people i dont want to interact with.

It seems i need to work factory to get money and then disappear.
>>
>>38464075
>tfw mother won't even let me drink
>sister got drunk once on her birthday when she was of legal age and my mom threatened to ground her
>mom won't even let me get a fucking drivers license because she thinks I'll kill myself and doesn't want me to learn standard
>>
>>38464075
Feels good man.

>mummy always taking care of me
>mummy always there when I need to talk
>mummy makes me food every night
>mummy cleans my room
>mummy gets jealous when she finds out about a girl I have a crush on
>mummy puts my sun screen on whenever we go on vacation

Feels fucking amazing man.
>>
i'm 20 and going into my third year of university
they still do shit like take my phone and computer away if i argue with them
>>
File: Oedipus-E-Hillemacher.jpg (863KB, 1024x785px) Image search: [Google]
Oedipus-E-Hillemacher.jpg
863KB, 1024x785px
>>38470113
Anon...

I think you need a word with Mr. Oedipus...
>>
File: 1344101821935.jpg (63KB, 213x261px) Image search: [Google]
1344101821935.jpg
63KB, 213x261px
>>38470209
let me guess, you're a virign
>>
File: samefag.png (21KB, 352x376px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
21KB, 352x376px
>>38464075
You think you have it bad?

I lived at my mother's boyfriend's house for a good decade of my life. I'm 23 and now own my own house. But when i finally met a girl that was a literal 10/10 my mom decides that her boyfriend is being a jerk and decides to move in with me about the same time this girl says she wants to fuck me. She found out I was living with my mom, and now she just told all of her friends that I'm a virgin.
>>
File: 1500365115112.jpg (73KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
1500365115112.jpg
73KB, 600x889px
>>38470245
>not being a virgin
pic related kid
>>
File: 1474820706461.png (208KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474820706461.png
208KB, 500x375px
>>38464075
shayne?

its mixtape
>>
>>38470245
surprisingly not
i go to university a few hours away so i've been able to get away from them trying to control every aspect of my life
but few things compare to the shame i have when i have to tell my girlfriend i have to suck up to my parents or i wont be able to contact her (on summer vacation at least)
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.