[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any one here /dead parents/ > maybe it's the anniversary

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

Any one here /dead parents/
> maybe it's the anniversary of their death
> maybe it happened this week
> maybe they're about to
I'm trying to do a good deed here. A lot of normies and especially robofags don't understand the complexities of these feels.

Talk, vent, ask questions. I'm listening.
>>
When did you lose them, what age that is
>>
>My dad died 2013 (50% cancer already,made it to 100% as he took heroin)

>My grandma died last year (too old/didn't wanted to live cuz she has too much pain :( )
>>
>>38462990
Good to know, but i was wondering how old you were
Also what about mum?
>>
>>38462752
>dad died the day before my 18th birthday
>grandma died the day before my 17th birthday
>mom has cancer and is receiving treatment; hopefully won't die
>no other family members
>I'm a dependent NEET
>only choice after mom dies is to be an hero

I'm fucking depressed.
>>
>>38463071
Don't an hero
Make something of your life
Make your ancestors proud
>>
Hey, OP, thanks man. Your heart is in the right place, but desu my father always treated me like an unwanted sprog. He died when I was 11 and I really don't miss him.
>>
>>38463145
I just need to learn how to give a good handshake and everything will be okay.
>>
>>38463183
Yea yea, but for real, all memes aside
Do something with your life, don't waste it
>>
>>38462945
Last year at 22. I'd like to say it's been rough but the reality is it forced me to be more of a functioning person. As long as my folks kept doing things for me, I would have never realized the world isn't actively trying to get you.

The worse part of having no family is having to interact with other people for support/financial survival.

>>38463071
That's rough friendo. I thought the only logical conclusion was to kill myself too if something happened to my folks, turns out my will to survive was stronger than I thought. Almost overnight I went from being too retarded to do anything for myself to being 100% in charge of myself. I budget, cook, clean and think about my future just like anyone else. Even got more serious about my health and I'm looking into getting counseling which is more than I can say pre-parents. Arguably, in some ways, I'm glad it forced me to be more of a normie.

>>38463151
11 is an interesting age. It's probably enough to leave subconscious damage, but also at an age where you could have probably gotten on with your life comfortably within 5 years. What's it like losing your father so young?
>>
>>38463222
Whooo buddy trips, that's how you know you should follow my advice
>>
>>38463227
Well, i'm not gonna lie to you, i really dislike most of my family strongly, too 2faced for my likings, i would occasionally hope that i grew up alone, but maybe it's because i have a real issue with authority
>>
File: IMG_3546.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3546.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Dad died in 2012, I was over it in less than a year
>>
>>38463227
Did you have any kind of support system after your parents died? I feel like I would need someone to help me get used to normal things like leaving my house or learning how to drive. How did you do it?
>>
>>38463227
>It's probably enough to leave subconscious damage
Yeah, of course, like I would've been perfect and unbroken living with emotional abuse for however many more years he might have lived.
>>
>>38463284
I see. I often wondered if I was better off alone. Technically, I kinda am. Still miss my folks though.

>>38463310
No random outbursts or just really trivial shit that makes you upset?
>>
OP should kill themselves lmao fucking reddit formatting
>>
File: 1498621374060.gif (525KB, 498x268px) Image search: [Google]
1498621374060.gif
525KB, 498x268px
I honestly don't know what i'll do when my mother dies, she's getting kind of old, and she has severe back problems and other shit that has affected her most of her life. She's the only one who cares about me and the only person i legitimetely love. She's amazing. I'll probably just become an even bigger alcoholic to forget about losing her. I'm scared guys.
>>
>>38464131
same. I dont want to live without my mother
>>
>>38464131
>>38464144
she's the reincarnation of love light pure
>>
>>38464131
Why don't you start getting your shit together now while she's still alive you fuckface?
>>
>>38464177
I'm trying... I have a decent job that pays well, i did ok in school and have a degree, i am in skinny-fit and i am trying to become less introverted and awkward. The only thing that's stopping me is my chronic depression i've had since i was 16.
Nice dubs btw.
>>
I became in orphan in my teens and finished high school as a ward of the state breaking records for credits completed in a semester

4/5 kids in the system are pure anti-social shitters that only encourage the rest of the kids on the edge to lash out and fail harder

at least the state pays for my college tuition but I was couch-surfing (homeless) between semesters

the roughest part is that everyone looks down on me for not having a car but all my peers had their parents finance their vehicle

hold your family close before they're gone
>>
>>38464656
How much do you care about robot problems (tfw no gf, being KV, etc) on a scale of 1-10, considering your upbringing?
>>
>>38464894
I would have to say 4/10

a lot of the complaints I read are problems people invent for themselves such as comparing themselves chad or lusting after stacy. Most first-worlders have no perspective about suffering. my parents lived through ethnic cleansing, civil war, military dictatorship, and terrorism. The U.S. offered them a way out through higher education and they were always grateful for it. Here I find "robots" have more in common than they are willing to admit with the "normies" that rejected them

I consider myself a robot because not only am I completely on my own but I feel so apart from my local community (non-white in a flyover state)
>>
>>38465263
I don't know all of that feel. But having to be self-reliant because there is literally NO fallback plan (mummy and daddy letting you eat your depression tendies) changes you. I absolutely hate hearing about everyone's tragic life stories which usually involve:
> wondering why they aren't in a relationship
> being too sad to do anything except indulge in trivial expensive hobbies
> refusing to talk to their parents for no reason other than "it's awkward lmao"
> harping on shit that happened in high school
Of course the whole thing gets blown out the water when people who technically should be suicidal like us manage to do alright because then you just hear how your situation might be sad but you still need to let it go because you're secretly stressing everyone out with your authentically sad existence. Even though they can't let go of their first world normie problems. Sometimes I wish their parents would die so that they can actually grasp it.
>>
>>38465840
Hardship isn't a competition but a catalyst to become more self-actualized in my experience. I try to be sympathetic to people but most really do have life so good they must manufacture their own drama.

I accept that some people are fragile and minor things might impact them greatly but they are rare. Generally I find people who are determined victims to subscribe to identity politics.

Some of the foster kids I met experienced heavy shit and therefore no parents > abusive parents.

Everyone's parents will die; it's just where you are in life when it happens.
>>
>>38462752
How the fuck do I prepare myself fof for that?
>>
>>38466094
I'm finding it harder to be sympathetic. If I can't get that same amount of sympathy back then why the fuck do you think I care that your boyfriend of two weeks broke up with you? It's manufactured drama, like you said. But now that I know that life actually can get worse, I'm disillusioned by people who think their life is hard. Hardship imo is a competition, and they need to know their audience before spouting more inane bullshit.
>>
Dad died of cancer in 2012,

Mom and 10 year old sister were murdered in a double homicide-suicide by my step dad while I was in the house last year.

Life sucks
>>
>>38467228
How did you make it out alive?
How are you even functioning in 2017?
Are you a NEET and is anyone financing your lifestyle right now?
>>
>>38467228
I was upstairs when I heard the gunshots, and I went downstairs to check it out because it sounded like someone threw a bottle at the wall or something because they were both drunk. So I thought they were fighting. When I came downstairs my mom was running through the house screaming for me while she was bleeding everywhere because he shot her dead center in the chest. He shot her about 2-3 times, and my 10 year old sister on the porch he shot 4 times and I still don't know why he shot her.
After he shot them, he went to the garage and shot himself. I remember thinking I needed to call an ambulance and I couldnt find my phone. Blood was all over me, and I ran into the garage and there he was. Pale as a ghost, mouth was open, and a puddle of blood next to his head.

Right now, Im starting to notice the effects of PTSD slowly creeping into my life. I am very easily agitated. I work at a department store, and I recently had a coworker and a guest complain about how I was rude.
Right now, I live with extended family, and I am going to school. I wasn't going to school until this year, because I felt this was some sort of epiphany to change my life.

I don't know why what happened, happened but its something I carry everyday. .
>>
>>38467378
Holy shit dude, I'm really sorry for you. I don't even know what to tell you cause I can't even imagine what that must be like
If you don't mind me asking: how old were you at the time/ are you now?
>>
>>38462752
didn't immediately realize i can now say i am /dead parent/ god feels weird

>>38462945
i lost my dad from brain cancer two months ago, i turn 20 next month
>>
>>38464131
my dads death made me realize this too anon if my mom or sister died i'd be completely lost in the world
>>
>>38467378
That is some horrible shit. I suggest you start getting into counseling though. I identify with feeling PTSD starting to creep in, I notice I've been spiraling every two weeks or so, and my aggression has really gone up. Things that have happened within the past 12 months make me just as incensed as I was when they first happened. I'm angry at everything and everyone and this is probably because I swallowed my grief because I had to take care of personal business.

You need a professional who has heard some crazy shit, because let's be real here. Your friends are so used to having mundane things to be sad over that they really don't want to hear you relive it out loud. At best, it's just because they're awkward about truly comforting someone who can't fixed in a week. At worst, "they have their own mental health and struggles to worry about."
>>
>>38465840
everything you said is very very relatable my friend is so fucking banal in what she deems a crisis. her parents fighting over directions or some shit is something she needs to facetime me about and im like....sis...people are dying
>>
>>38466627
you can't the only thing that helps it hurt less is knowing you did your best to repair/improve/maintain the relationship otherwise you'll be full of regret, as i am.
>>
>>38467194
>why the fuck do you think I care that your boyfriend of two weeks broke up with you? It's manufactured drama, like you said

God this. It makes me want to punch them
>>
>>38467847
>im like....sis...people are dying
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>38468085
since when is saying the shortened form of sister tumblr?
>>
dad killed himself earlier this year, wish i called more often
>>
>>38462752
Mom died of cancer when I was 12, Dad died of cancer when I was 30 feels bad man
>>
>>38468614
There's no point in regretting it though. You might be seeing it through rose colored glasses. I often wish I had more satisfying conversations with my father as well, but he liked to nag a lot. Going through some old texts kinda remind me of that.
>>
>>38462752
> come downstairs
> dad on the couch, not yelling at me, mouth hanging open
> oh shit
> check on him, unresponsive, cold, vomit on clothes
> call 911
> perform CPR, get his vomit in my mouth
> Paramedics arrive, hes dead Jim
> They take his body away "Do you need anything on his body?"
> Check his pockets, full of spaghetti
>>
I never really lived with my my parents and my grandma took care of me most of the time untill I was 7 and then I lived with my aunt and uncle for two years but then they gave me up for adoption because my cousins made a fun game of putting things under my bed and saying I stole them. A woman who thought she wanted a kid but wasn't a loving person at all adopted me and I lived with her. I talked to my biological parents again years later but I don't see them as my parents. I feel I never had parents. My biological grandma is the only adult who treated me right when I was a kid and she has Parkinson and cant hear at all or speak loud enough to hear and is probably going to die soon. I don't know what I'm going to do when she dies. I've been without a real family my whole life and thrown away by my biological family
>>
>>38468899
I respect your combo dubs, but I need Guardian normalfags to leave.
>>
My parents died when I was a kid and I was raised by my very abusive aunt.

They were apparently really lovely people. My mom apparently was this total ENFJ type who was constantly fussing over other people and my dad was this grumpy guy who was a total sweetheart.

When I get upset I think about what my childhood could have been compared to what it was and where that could have taken me. I feel robbed.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.