[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the board has gotten worse for you? For me it was

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1846.jpg (85KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1846.jpg
85KB, 500x496px
What's the board has gotten worse for you? For me it was /fa/.
>used to have interesting ideas and advice for fashion
>became quickly a hipster meme clothes
>generally negative
>>
Good album.
For me it was /tv/,it turned into capeshit/game of thrones board.
>>
/ck/ is filled to the brim with plebbitors and the mods are fucking retarded, and will ban you for saying something they personally disagree with.

/g/ is more or less the same that it was 10 years ago
>>
X. I used to go on there alot for conspiracy shit and now it is just zodiac sighns and other stupid shit. I miss old x.
>>
>>38459512
I can't even tell who's memeing anymore. My old favorite board /m/ has turned to shit as well.
>full of shit threads and why mecha is stupid
>tons of shit posting.
>never really talk about mecha just shitting on everything
>>
>>38459547
I used to like /x/ but it's turned into larpers and schizos talking about why they're physic.
>>
/fa/
>memeclothes

/v/
>memegames

/biz/
>memecoins

>>38459547
Conspiracy shit is now on /pol/
>>
>>38459627
>/fa/
What a shit board. I see tons of terrible, over priced shit clothes that will be out of style in a few months.
>>
>>38459223
/r9k/

When I first came here there was a lot greentext stories about embarassing situations and retards and poster prided themselves on not being a childish embarassment like /b/ by posting decent stuff. Then the "ForeverAlone" and "That feel" started becoming popular, and even then everyone sharing their stories of awkward ineptitude was entertaining, funny, and brought a lot of people together. Then it seemed to hit critical mass and everyone became obsessed with virginity and psuedo-social-science, and the trolls memeing it and the losers adopting it could no longer be distinguished and it was a shitty cancer. I realized if I ever wanted to be happy and improve myself, I needed to stop browsing, because the content was perpetual garbage. Right before I left /r9k/ I selected that feature that has all 10 pages continuosly open as if it were one page then ctrl+f'd the word "feel" - 74 results, enough said.

I left for like 2 years and in that time re-evaluated my understanding of the social game, started dressing better, let my guard down a little, and finally lost my virginity, starting an ongoing string of good meaningful relationships.

Now that I'm confident and have equipped myself with all the tools I use everyday to fight for success, reaching everything I envision for myself with time and effort, I mostly just lurk /r9k/ and sometimes give advice to people. I'm glad the whole tendies/wagecuck/normies thing has become a joke, because people were getting wayyy too serious and enveloped about the robot/normie dichotomy thing, now we can at least laugh at it all a little.

That year or however long /r9k/ was gone, I just went back to /v/ and started browsing /pol/.

/pol/ is way better now that you can set your own flag and posters have auto-id - what's worse is when you're right about something over there and it conflicts with their semi-serious "we're nazis" meme, they shut down debate, just like a libtard would, and just call you a nigger-lover.
>>
/his/
Its either a "x culture was y color",
" women are plagues" from the people that can't leave /r9k/ here,
Or some stupid humanities thread
>>
>>38459512

People say /tv/ always sucked, but I distinctly remember a lot more discussion on real cinema, before this whole "kino" shit started.
>>
File: 1496620185032.jpg (36KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1496620185032.jpg
36KB, 500x357px
>>38459223
none of the boards I frequent were ever good

this entire site is shit since it became a front for the russian mafia in washington dc
>>
>>38459512
yeah remember when /tv/ was L O S T

what a high water mark
>>
/mu/ has basically lost any sense of having its own board culture.

Also, while people always used to be pretentious and unyielding about their music opinions, there was always some sense that people could generally back up why they felt that what and it was formed from legimate thoughts and feelings about music. Pretty much all the cynicism and negativity there now is bred purely out of reactionary bullshit that has very little to do with music itself. People shit on indie music because they don't want to be associated with tumblr-ey or "nu-male" types. People shit on hip hop because they don't won't to be associated with "nigger-music" or the suburban white teenagers that listen to it. They shit on metal because they don't want to be associated with the cringey fedora type metal heads. And so on.

Now of course this always happened to some extent, but it seems to drive somewhere like 90% of the discussion nowadays. People base their music tastes off of fucking politics and social behavior, it's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>38459890
Yeah, same. You could actually have decent conversations and recommendations. Nowadays the most cinema discussion you'll get is some /pol/fag shitposting about Haneke. Then again, even back then there was a shitload of pedos posting their loli waifus and retards fighting about Avatar.
>>38459845
The humanities part ruined the board from the start.
>>
>>38459962
Grimesfags alone made me stop browsing, as dumb as it sounds
>>
>>38459845
a lot of people there just have shit taste in philosophy, that should've stayed on /lit/
>>
>>38459715
>out of style
Who gives a fuck? Wear what you like and what looks good on you, not what's "in style". What do you have to gain from being a trend chaser?
>>
>>38459762
>I just went back to /v/ and started browsing /pol/
Congrats man, great jump in quality!
>>
>>38460064
That wasn't my point. They're chasing fashion trends that are meme tier. Spending money on quality clothes makes sense, you get what you pay for. spending money on fast fashion for over priced garbage is stupid.
>>
>>38459223
/r9k/ mainly and /mu/

This >>38459762 and >>38459962
>>
>/fa/
used to be funny as fuck and had sometimes interesting clothing pieces
now it's just shitty /pol/ faggots who ruin every single thread
>>
I leave /tv/ during game of thrones season because that shit show is all they talk about
>>
File: 15.png (364KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
364KB, 600x720px
>>38459223
I can't really say that any board has gotten worse for me. In some cases they've improved as I've broadened my knowledge in the mediums that they represent. In others they've worsened for the same reasons - you eventually find an overabundance of newcomers or people who are spending more time convincing themselves of a forced interest in x or y rather than exploring what they enjoy. Of the boards I habitually browse/ used to browse, here's what I'd say;

>/a/ - First board I browsed, far less Kirino on the front-page and for the better, the threads also seem more diverse though as a whole I feel like I've grown out of it not to sound pretentious.
>/mu/ - The main board I browse (brilliant album by the way). Its very much divided into cliques and seems more driven than before though with less banter, I'd say its something of a trade-off. There seem to be far more newcomers on there than any of the other boards.
>/r9k/ - Has gotten raided enormously by /lgbt/ and /pol/ much to my annoyance, though it does seem inevitable. I'd wish that /lgbt/ became a red board in the hopes that it'd make the board a little less repetitive. And that's my main issue, once you've been on for a few years you can easily predict every thread throughout the day with minimal effort. Its feels good to feel bad though ultimately it can be tiring.
>/v/ - I rarely browse this anymore, same case with /a/ really, I don't enjoy video-games and so I don't enjoy browsing it.

>>38459962
I understand you entirely. I'm totally against SJW culture though a lot of the board treats the smallest semblance of left-wing politics (in a field that is dominated by typically left-wing individuals) as some sort of catastrophe, why people can't separate the artist from the music is beyond me. Its also particularly annoying who users especially newcomers void bands like Arcade Fire and Fleet Foxes due to their indie status whilst being relatively high-profile.
>>
>>38459762
/r9k/ has become terrible. I miss the autistic greentext stories and the generally unique content. Now /r9k/ is obsessed with why you're inferior or how things are stacked against you.
>>
>>38459223
As much as i hate to say it, /a/. The last few months have ruined the fucking board in ways that summer hasnt done to any other board on the site today.
Constant e celebs, reddit bullshit, dubbing threads, dragon ball spam and people who admit to not watching anime. I used to love /a/ because unlike the other major boards, it actually stayed elitist enough to kick out the retards and newfags other boards embraced. Now it's becoming acceptable to not watch shows other than battle shounen as long as you have memes and shitposts.
It's sickening and i hope that the new school year kicks /a/ back to shape or it will NOT survive the upcoming onslaught of code geass or flcl threads with any sense of its original self intact. Its not as bad as /tv/ by a long shot, but with a more careless userbase, that could become the future.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.