[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to find someone decent to talk to? People that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1459703736081.jpg (24KB, 346x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459703736081.jpg
24KB, 346x250px
Why is it so hard to find someone decent to talk to? People that I talk to from here seem like they have no interest in conversation (despite most of them advertising themselves to want someone to talk to). It makes me wonder why they even put themselves out there in the first place. I like to think I'm a fairly engaging person to talk to and I like learning about people but it seems as if people get peeved of me often or otherwise make it seem like they don't want to be talked to again. I just want a friend.
>>
I've been in your shoes and I've realized some feelings of others not wanting to talk is a result of over analyzing the conversation. Sometimes people just aren't feeling talkative. Easier said than done, but try not to think about it too much.
>>
>>38450997
Most people want to chit chat
>>
>>38451109
Where should I go to find people, then?

>>38451127
Maybe it was selfish of me to think otherwise.
>>
Millennials are the worst to talk to because they were raised on escapism like video games, superhero movies, anime and the internet. They have no real concept of the real world other than that thing that sucks that they have to exist in before watching their anime or playing a video game. Probably why most of the posts here are about how much the posters hate their lives and can't function in society. They need instant gratification and can't stick with a real world task that is challenging and doesn't pay off immediately.
>>
>>38451178
Surely they remember the time when they were kids where they had to invest themselves into people to make wholesome and worthwhile relationships (be it romantic or otherwise).
>>
>>38451176
Tbh it is just natural most ppl don't like deep conversations. If it annoys you try to find something that the other one likes it is easier to talk about stuff that the other one is interested in. Also try to frequent irl and on the Web places with ppl that have the same interest or intellect as you.
>>
>>38451211
Not really. Maybe if they had romantic relationships. A lot of millennial childhood relationships were just the people that you sat around with playing video games. No real emotional bonding, just sitting playing halo half the day in their mom's basement.
>>
>>38451245
I'll think about it. I do prefer the internet since I'm bad at socializing in public anyway.
>>
>>38451303
Do that I hope you find some people to talk/write too ^^
>>
>>38450997
I enjoy sharing things with people who have things in common with me. I don't like feeling obligated to have a conversation with them.

e.g. I only talk to my steam friends every few days and normally only exchange a few lines. But I appreciate them being available.
>>
>>38451325
I'll add this to my list of misguided expectations.
>>
>>38451176
I'd say public places that are built around whatever your interests are. If you live in a city, a lot of places have events for niche interests, but outside of city life I'm not as familiar with. I know how hard it is to branch out and the hardest part is the initial step of putting yourself out there.
>>
>>38450997
I suck at starting conversation but once one is started I can usually hold one. Online, of course.

It's always hard to get conversations started.
>>
>>38450997
hey m8 where are you from? I'm a yankee but I live in central Australia. I like motorcycles, beer, and reading. What do you do for fun?
>>
>>38451418
Interesting! Usually my day is taken up by painting. What's a burger doing in Australia? I always thought the cities were on the coast.
>>
>>38450997
That's because people don't want to converse. What they actually desire is to alleviate their loneliness or get attention. I don't know if a good conversation can really sprout from that. Perhaps it can, but I find it usually degenerates into each respective person talking about something they find interesting that the other person doesn't, and only listening to their companion because they want their story to be listened to as well.
>>
>>38451448
I'm 27 and I wanted to live abroad. I figured it wasn't going to get easier the older I got. If you're under 30 you can get a working holiday visa which is good for a year, to go to Australia or New Zealand.

Central australia is a fucking wasteland-- desert for 1000km in any direction. I'm in alice springs (I'm a welder and there's lots of work here). Its winter so it's quite pleasant but the summers are very hot. The indigenous people are the most dysfunctional group of people I've ever seen in my life. But I wanted to see something different and holy shit, alice springs is like no place I've ever lived.

So are you a professional painter? is there like an instagram or something i could check out?
>>
Dunno but I have shit social skills
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.