[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> tfw trying to slowly improve my life by doing small steps

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: 1500099065196.jpg (587KB, 1280x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1500099065196.jpg
587KB, 1280x1255px
> tfw trying to slowly improve my life by doing small steps
> working out fine so far
> all the friends I found on r9k turned on me when they found out, because i'm a "normie" for not wanting to be a NEET all my life

How do I find good friends, that don't flip out when I want to do better and don't flip out that I spent 6 years doing nothing with my life. It feels like the two extremes dominate when I try to meet someone.
>>
File: 1500251381158.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1500251381158.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>trying to find friends on r9k
>>
Looks like its time to go /lonewolf/ OP.
>>
>>38448338
You spent 6 years in an echo chamber, and the robots don't want you in it because you'd be calling into question their ideals. You need to find like minded people, and will need to continue doing that the rest of your life.
>>
>>38448338
>How do I find good friends

You don't, friends are a meme.
>>
>>38448338
Be my fren, fren. Ill support you.
>>
>>38448338
>How do I find good friends
Luck.
>>
File: 1354501870449.png (315KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1354501870449.png
315KB, 439x500px
>>38448338
The same thing happened to me. I ended up dating another NEET girl and now we're both improving our lives. I'm back in college, she has a job, etc. Everyone I would normally talk to just calls me a normie or a Chad now even though I still have literally zero other friends. I felt really bad, it's like people here WANT you to fail in life so they don't have to feel bad about their own lives. Nobody here wants their friends to succeed or even do okay for themselves. Now I have even less friends than I did before and feel excluded by yet another group of people.

I'm glad you're getting your life back on track, anon. I want you keep working on it. It's good for you, even if everyone else here shits on you and you find out all your friends hate you for it. I know we'll thank ourselves for it later when we finally have some small, humble piece of life carved out for ourselves that we can finally feel respectable about.
>>
File: 1494140977264.png (474KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494140977264.png
474KB, 1200x900px
>>38448358
>>38448366
Basically this. I spent so much time here, I just can't seem to talk with anyone else. I tried. I can't get into the stuff other people like, like sports etc. I prefer to talk about video games, tech, anime, shitpost and just have a good time.

Maybe i'm just trying to force friendships too much.

>>38448482
I can relate to this. It's not like i'm gonna stop, even if the steps are microscopic. It's just a shame that friends I had so much fun with basically stopped talking with me simply because I want to reach goals in life. While the new friends I try to make that are "normal" instantly stop responding after they find out I have no degree, no working experience and was a fuck up for so many years.
>>
>>38448338
You like New Game, so you must be a good person.
>>
File: 1338611973872.png (280KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
1338611973872.png
280KB, 452x710px
>>38448542
Yep, we're trapped between worlds. I'm nowhere near conventional or successful enough to be friends with normal people, most of them make awkward dodges at hanging out when they realize that I'm so behind in life and don't even have something like a driver's license, much less a car. I'm too successful to be a robot anymore because I dated someone else who's life was just as behind as my own and started going back to school to get my life together. So while one group uncomfortably avoids me the other one makes fun of me. Of course, I can't talk to anyone in the first group about my actual hobbies because they're "loser hobbies" and I can't talk to anyone in the second about my actual life because it's "normie bullshit."
>>
File: 1478706076073.jpg (394KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478706076073.jpg
394KB, 1280x720px
>>38448624
Well I mean at this point would you like to talk? You sound nice overall and at the very least we share similar experiences. Have discord or something?
>>
File: Uraraka welcoming.gif (1MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Uraraka welcoming.gif
1MB, 500x400px
>>38448338
don't listen to them anon you are the only one entitled to decide what your life will be like
love <3
>>
File: 1495572656047.jpg (71KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1495572656047.jpg
71KB, 604x604px
>>38448688
Yes, I posted it in the archived version of this thread. I'm going to bed now but I'm going to be on tomorrow.

I hope we both continue to make small steps forwards in our lives, it might not be much but at least it's something.
>>
you could stop LARPing, for one.

even if this did actually happen to you it's not that big a deal enough for you to make some sob story thread about it.

if you want friends try IRL. if you're degenerate you can try bars and parties, if you're a pussy you can try churches and libraries.

if it has to be online then try something that's not 4chan. you're literally digging for a needle in a haystack here; even after you spend hours digging you just get stabbed and it's all very disappointing. we come here to be anonymous, not to make friends.
>>
>not realizing normies do this too
It's not a normalfag/robot thing, it's a human thing. People don't like seeing the people around them surpass them or do too well for themselves, unless you give them a big fucking piece. If you somehow become a normalfag, and somehow you begin to be better than them and start to reach Chad level, your normie friends will passive-aggressive put down your ass until you leave them in the dust or give up.
Hell, if you ever hit Chadmode and start to ascend to complete top 1% alpha male mode, the Chads will brush you off, and people at the top 1% hate competition, so there you go.
Fuck people. Do whatever you want, and keep your life mostly to yourself so they can't get uppity about things, like not telling a woman you're a virgin your first time.

>TL;DR; Don't ask, don't tell, and if asked, lie to your advantage
>>
>>38448338

I'm actually doing the exact same thing as you anon. It's a long daunting journey ahead of us for sure.

If you are looking for someone to talk to that is going through the same thing, I'd be interested
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.