[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are trailer houses viewed in such a bad light when people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 204Timberland01.jpg (168KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
204Timberland01.jpg
168KB, 1280x800px
Why are trailer houses viewed in such a bad light when people spend way more money of tinier apartments all the time?
>>
>>38447386
>why are living situations optimized for the poorest rungs of society viewed in such a bad light?
I dunno OP, don't you think there might be, you know, some kind of correlation going on? Perhaps with trailer trash?
>>
They'll typically fall apart within 20 years and are owned predominantly by people that can't afford to buy the land they sit on. They perpetuate a lifestyle of poverty that traditional houses don't.
>>
>>38447413
>>38447432
Thats what i'm saying. Who says I couldn't buy the land and not be trashy while still living in a little house to save tons of money?
>>
It's not really the trailers people view negatively, it's the type of people that usually live in trailers and trailer parks.
>>
>>38447466
Yeah I'll admit that would be awesome. But you'll still look trashy to anyone you come in contact with, so it's not a problem if you're a recluse or have a bad relationship with your family.
>>
>>38447466
Someone that had the money wouldn't have poor enough common sense to throw their money away like that. It's a depreciating asset with very little resale value. They're a resort of desperation.
>>
>>38447536
but it's so much easier than having an actual house built. Unless it's a cabin? I dunno shit about real life stuff.
>>
Because of the location and the people that live around you.
>>
File: hqqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>38447386
How much does a nice trailer home usually go for these days?
>>
>>38447569
Is it easier to
A) buy a trailer home every 10 years for $70,000 a pop
or
B) buy a house for $200,000 that's going to last 100 years, that you can use the equity in to do any major repairs that would total a trailer (protip, you're not ever getting any equity out of a trailer), and sell to pay for retirement if need be
>>
It's not actually about merit but instead it's about kike mind control.
You're supposed to be shamed until you go into debt or submit to a heeb landlord owning some slum apt. building.
>>
>>38447647
Median price in 2013 was $64,000.
>>
>>38447654
>every ten years
You realize you can perform maintenance right?
>>
>>38447725
If that were realistically feasible, then 2005 models wouldn't be for sale for $15,000. The instability, poor materials, and general rate of decay of trailer homes make them unsustainable to perform major maintenance on.
>>
>>38447789
wait truckerfag I don't wanna derail this thread but can you tell us more about your life?
you said you were a college dropout right? Then after that did you go into trucking immediately, what exactly did you do?
Do you go across the United States?
>>
it's the land around it that ruins it, otherwise they're just ugly, boring little houses. if you don't give a shit, buy 10 acres somewhere and put one on it, most people probably wouldn't even care if the property was nice and you made the house really cute and were clean, obviously. they ARE ugly, and pretty small.
>>
>>38447386
Because people hate the unconventional.
>>
>>38447827
I started taking CDL courses in the second semester of my junior year and got a job driving the week after my college classes ended. I drove as a company driver for 2 years to meet insurance company requirements before buying my first truck to become an owner/operator. I've done coast to coast, but I've found a honeypot of high rates and high load volume in the midwest, so I stay within 200 miles of the I80 corridor for the most part.
>>
A trailer can last a lifetime as long as you don't do something stupid such as buying a trailer with a metal roof. It is worth considering you can often fix a house that a tree fell on, but a trailer will be squished beyond repair. Yes, if a tree falls on your house, it's a bitch, but it usually can be fixed. You might survive having a tree fall on your house, you very well might die if it happens to your trailer. It's better to have a house then a trailer in areas prone to natural disaster. Also, many areas limit trailers to the worst neighborhoods.

Now, if you just want a trailer and you have a nice parcel of land, it might be worthwhile so long as you never want to move. Trailers do not resell for much. Either buy a trailer new and never move, or buy a trailer home second-hand because it'll be way cheaper then buying a new one.
>>
File: 1492802050570.jpg (46KB, 630x241px) Image search: [Google]
1492802050570.jpg
46KB, 630x241px
Trailers kick ass if your planning on going the solo neet route - I ended up buying a trailer for 1,000$ and have lived in it comfortably (besides the obvious depression and suicidal idealization) for 2 years now.
I only use one side mainly and it cost like 200$ a month for power and water.
>>
>>38447654
>$70,000
What kind of trailers are you buying lol
>>
>>38448448
Median trailers >>38447686
>>
File: 4L_eCvXG5gc.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4L_eCvXG5gc.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>38447654
>Buy a trailer home for $70,000
What the fuck? They're only like $5-10k

>Or a home for $100,000 that is 100% gonna go up in value and last for 100 years
I'm not sure you understand anything
>>
>>38448448
They aren't wrong, but they are looking at the price of either a double wide on it's on, or a single wide + a decently sized parcel of land. There's also the cost of rooting it to the foundation which may or may not be included in the price.

The best single wide trailer on can buy new (sans land) should only cost about 30,000. The best double wide one can buy new (sans land) should only cost about 70,000.

If you want to be cheap, you can get a single wide and a small plot of land for quite a bit less then 70,000. Or, you can buy a used trailer.

Double wides are generally considered a step up from trailers as they at least resemble an actual house.
>>
However, it's pretty fucking stupid to buy a luxury single wide or double wide. It's putting granite counter tops and a jacuzzi in a cardboard box.
>>
Do houses need to last 100 years for most people? I haven't seen someone live in one for that long. People just buy new ones.
>>
I'll tell you why it's bad:

1) shitty neighborhood 95% of the time
2) house has literally no value
3) poor insulation
4) IT SUCKS
>>
File: 1481974569633.jpg (59KB, 641x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481974569633.jpg
59KB, 641x640px
Does anybody on /r9k/ live in a trailer? What's it like?
>>
>>38450403
I've lived in a trailer before. Bredy comfy, decent neighborhood actually (mostly old people). Only trouble was that the plumbing got blocked by some plants, which caused poop water to come up into the tub (in a real house that isn't generally a problem, since the pipes are usually deep enough to not get messed with by grass and stuff). Someone else furnished it though - hardwood floors, expensive art prints, nice furniture, etc.
The main problem with trailers is that you usually have to put them in trailer parks, which almost always turn ghetto pretty quick. Might get lucky like I did, with mostly old people, though most of those are basically gated communities that keep out young people. Otherwise, it's mexicans and white trash (I've almost never seen blacks in trailer parks, oddly enough).
>>
>>38447686
The fuck? I could pay 80% of a house with that cash where I live
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.