[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Americans give japan back to the Japanese? why not

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Get him out of here!.jpg (80KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
Get him out of here!.jpg
80KB, 900x599px
Why did the Americans give japan back to the Japanese? why not at least make it easy for their own citizens to live there? Is the US government really that cucked
>>
After dropping the nuke, they had to play damage control so that everyone else wouldn't make an anti US alliance.
>>
because they saw it was more valuable to brainwash the nips to love america and become greatest ally. which is what they did quite successfully.
>>
File: die weeb.png (104KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
die weeb.png
104KB, 380x250px
>they will never be nuked again

weebs made me hate those cunts so much
>>
File: 1498062498254.jpg (108KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1498062498254.jpg
108KB, 1920x816px
>>38446342
>probably doesn't even know the correct meaning of the word weeaboo
>>
>>38445819
Because its better to have a puppet state than a colony and have the entire world hate you for it.

its politics 101, the US is stupid, but even they arent stupid enough to believe they could win a war against all the superpowers
>>
>>38445819

Because World War I showed everyone that if you don't help fix the country you just destroyed afterward you're going to allow the repressed hostility and feelings of revenge to take hold, instead of the more positive, cuck-like relationship the US and Japan entered into after WW2
>>
>>38446462
i thought the world already hated the usa, so far no actually reasonable answers other than usa got cucked by its own government
>>
>>38446342
Yeah japanese are not bad people but weebs are fucking disgusting
>>
File: paper.gif (2MB, 1166x800px) Image search: [Google]
paper.gif
2MB, 1166x800px
is it possible that japan was always that way?
>>
>>38445819
They wanted the experiments the Japs did on the chinks. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>38445819
We've been pretty tight and have kind of gotten over the whole nuke thing. The Japanese government may still be defensive and reluctant about Japan's actions during WW2 but everybody knows what happens.

Plus the U.S. showed Japan mercy and helped them turn their bombed out country around becoming "the economic miracle."

Also having an overseas colony is more expensive and difficult to maintain than a reliable ally with shared values and interests.
>>
File: power rangers.jpg (117KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
power rangers.jpg
117KB, 768x576px
>>38445819
There wouldn't be any Power Rangers without the Japs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8QugZLI4-g
>>
>>38445819
because the us needed to keep up that they want to help freedums + the nips are a useful economic tool, they needed another nuke though desu
>>
>>38446462
>the U.S. is stupid

Huh, who knew the country that developed the internet, the atomic bomb, the nuclear bomb, flight, still fields an unmatched military force that expands all over the world, is a partner in the ISS, and put a man on the moon was stupid?

We're a huge country. Of course a lot are going to be stupid but at least give us the credit of dunking on the world since the Soviets weakened and fell.
>>
>>38445819
We were broke and out of atomic bombs, coming off of being unable to properly defend our newest colony (Hawaii) with a massive expanse we'd yet to build infrastructure into (Alaska). Alaska served the same strategic purpose Japan would have, and Japan had no natural resources that would benefit the US (which is why Japan had aspirations of becoming any empire). We'd also learned that colonizing a culturally distinct region (Puerto Rico) was a difficult task, let alone a xenophobic one like Japan.
>>
>>38446342
>le filthy frank b0ss XDDDDDD
>>
I wonder sometimes had the axis won ww2. I'm sure on the west coast we'd be fucked. But I'm sure the Japanese would have built bridges across puget sound.
>>
>>38447138
>unmatched military force
lost to rice farmers desu
also alot of the reasearch and development team behind the atomic bomb were german scientists.

original posterior
>>
Japan is the United States foothold in East Asia. It's our on-site proxy. For anyone over there to cross the Pacific, they need to go through Japan. It gives us a safe base to act from if we ever need to. Plus an excellent trading partner. The US has always wanted access to the ports of Japan and now they have it. No more need for gunboat diplomacy.

The population is Japan is 127 million. That's tremendous, only about 15 million fewer than Russia. Japan is a powerful ally and our countries are good friends.
>>
same reason the Philippines do their own thing now. shit is too hard to manage.
>>
File: JapanBTFO.jpg (432KB, 1811x714px) Image search: [Google]
JapanBTFO.jpg
432KB, 1811x714px
>>38445819
Why conquer the land and have to deal with insurrection? Instead we just put a puppet government in place run by "their own people". Much more efficient way of doing things, and we did the same to most of Europe, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
>>
>>38445819
>why not at least make it easy for their own citizens to live there?

I can't imagine anybody would have wanted to move to Japan at that time. It was destroyed, there was nothing there. The language is totally different, and oh yeah, your country just fought a bitter war against those fuckers.

Nobody could have predicted it would become your weeaboo dreamworld in the 21st century.
>>
>>38445819
America owns both germany and japan you fucking cuck. They just use them as tactial war proxies instead of colonies.

america has like over 50 nukes stationed in germany, but the german goverment isn't allowed to own nukes. This means the german goverment has no legal right to interact with these nukes in any way, and the last time a politician asked murrica to remove them they added more nukes.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.