[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw managed to get through life so far without developing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: 1478286038242.jpg (108KB, 600x383px) Image search: [Google]
1478286038242.jpg
108KB, 600x383px
>tfw managed to get through life so far without developing any sort of real personality
Does anyone else know this feel? I've managed 22 abysmal years without developing myself as a human. I have no hobbies, I'm not funny or entertaining to talk with, I can't even defend my own thoughts and opinions from my own criticism, and I have no friends. I'm not even good at the videogames I waste my time with. How can people go so long without growing themselves in any way? What can I do to fix it? Should I just off myself?
>>
>>38445325
have u any sort of education / job?
>>
>>38445366
Nothing beyond a standard high school education, and no job whatsoever. Complete burden.
>>
>>38445415
that's rough ... but you are only 22. Just a kid really. Why not go (back) to school? Meet some people and learn some skills?
>>
>>38445503
No motivation to do that, and I'm still terrible at everything. I don't want to cringe my way through botched attempts at friendship at my nearest community college. I've tried making friends at meetups and such, but I can't penetrate conversations and actually talk to anyone.
>>
File: 1472691072484s.jpg (3KB, 125x90px) Image search: [Google]
1472691072484s.jpg
3KB, 125x90px
>>38445325
You just lack stimulus m8. As soon as things start interacting with you, you will start interacting with them. Essentially, by introducing your brain to something to think about you discover how you react and what you think about the matter at hand.

Read books man. A fucking shit ton.

Introduce yourself to new ideas and different ways of thinking. This will stimulate, enhance and develop your mind.

Get into politics. Establish your world view.

Aquire an interest. Git good at said interest. Attend event of interest. Make frinends with same interest.

If you can, go to school. This will give you an infinitum of people to talk and interact with.

There are a million ways to go about it. Sitting at home is not the way.
>>
>>38445693
>Aquire an interest.

How do you get an interest if you aren't interested in anything in the first place? Do I just have to force it?
>>
>>38445693
>Aquire an interest.
Well one thing I've always been interested in is drawing. Thing is, I'm shit at it, lack motivation to improve, and still a sperg when it comes to anything social. How do I motivate myself to git gud?
>There are a million ways to go about it. Sitting at home is not the way.
Ouch, even though it's true it hurts to hear.
>>
File: HMMG.jpg (20KB, 408x446px) Image search: [Google]
HMMG.jpg
20KB, 408x446px
>>38445715
There must be something you like.
>Motorcycles
>Cars
>Beer
>Fashion
>Art
>Music
>Tech
>Vidya
>Politics
>Philosophy
>Religion
>Law
>Fucking glass blowing
>Cooking
>Interior design
>Cigars
>Fine drinks
>Guns
>Origami
>Larping
>Woodcraft
>Bushcraft (camping and shit, solo is best)

Literally anything. If there really is nothing you like or enjoy doing, then there is no point in your existence. You only have one life to live and you choose to merely exist with no purpose?
>>
>>38445880

All of those seem mighty boring. I think I'll pass on being interesting then.
>>
>>38445325
you grew up in a marxist hellhole anon, of course you don't have a genuine personality.
all you've ever known was shame and self-hatred.
no real personality will ever develop from that.
you're programmed.
a lot of us were in your shoes, it's miserable.
but you can deprogram.
it'll be the happiest you've ever been.
incidentally, also the most confident.
it's freeing once you figure out how the world really works, and you can finally see your place in it.
you gotta look at how cultural marxism fucks with your perception of reality.
you don't actively know that you're living a lie.
all you know for sure is that you're miserable, and you can never pinpoint exactly why.
well here's why anon.
https://youtu.be/xnqIj8C2Aek
>>
>>38445898
It seems you may just be a dry-ass person cursed with being self aware.

If you really have no interests, get a job. Get money and save all of it since no bills cuz parents. If you one day find it you will have money to spend on it/ if your parents kick you out.
>>
>>38446010
>It seems you may just be a dry-ass person cursed with being self aware.

Doesn't sound too terrible. People with interests always sound so ridiculous when they talk about them, so I'm glad I'm not that.

And I have a job. It requires little human interaction and I'm okay with that. They originally put me somewhere else, but they gave me this position because I was too "anti social" in my original one.
>>
>>38445898

>All of those seem mighty boring.

That made me laugh a little.

>I think I'll pass on being interesting then.

So that's what this is about? Looking good to others?

What interests you more? things, people, or ideas?
>>
>>38446105
>What interests you more? things, people, or ideas?

What does 4chan count as?
>>
>>38446165

Me personally, I think it's all three. It's pretty meta.
>>
>>38446162
I should be psychologist.

On that post I never mentioned these were things to make you friends, just a random example of how much shit there is out there, but you valued them by whether or not you could do them by yourself or not.

You just need some real friends faggot.
>>
>>38446289
I'm sure that having friends would be a good thing, but I'm much better at losing friends than gaining them.

It seems like people don't feel good about interacting with me, as though they can sense something about me. As if they know I'm not normal, or like them.
>>
>>38446356
Actually go to a psychologist and get analyzed.
>>
>>38446356

It's not uncommon for the first bunch of interactions with someone knew to be extremely awkward.

Just thought you should know.
>>
>>38446486
*someone new
>>
>>38446450
And risk getting my guns taken away?

>>38446486
It's not just the first few interactions, and it seems fairly universal. I have been trying to enroll in the military as an officer, and was communicating entirely through e-mail and phone with my recruiter, things flowed just fine. I met him in his office, and he seemed a bit uncomfortable, as though he was just trying to play it cool around me and maintaining some sort of poker face. After the meeting, he said he would e-mail me some things to move on with the process, but it's been 2 weeks and fucking nothing. Even the military doesn't want me around
>>
>>38446566

>It's not just the first few interactions

proceeds to use a single-time interaction as an example.

What we believe changes how we view the world drastically. You, my friend, believe that there is something offputting about you. So when someone behaves strangely, you think it's you.
>>
>>38446566
I should add to this as well that regardless of who I'm interacting with on a social or professional level, they seem to just "put up" with me. At my workplace, the general manager hired me because he was in severe shortage of workers, and since I've given him no reason to fire me, I pretty much exist and nothing more. Coworkers that have to interact with me do so without eye-contact or saying anything open-ended that could lead to a conversation, and eat lunch quietly when I am in the breakroom. Professors at my school used a different tone with me than they did with other students, and if I ever went to office hours, they would try to rush things and one even sighed when I said I had a follow-up question. Group projects that I have been assigned to were done seemingly automatically and with little communication, though I found out that one group had a group chat which I was not invited to. Extended family does not contact me, and will avoid conversation if near me.

They all hate me, they all do not like my existence. The only universal reaction I have garnered is distaste. I am not a pessimistic man, but I am a realist. The only common variable here is me, so that must be the problem.
>>
>>38446676

>The only common variable here is me.

I doubt that. That's way way way waaaaay oversimplifying things.

The rest sounds pretty good to me.

God I would LOVE for people to leave me alone.
>>
>>38446710
I never wanted to be alone, but for me it wasn't a choice. I am not oversimplifying, because the pattern has becoming increasingly apparent, no matter how much I try to twist the truth. It's as though my aura "stinks", as though nobody wants to be associated with me in any form. Even the people I have interacted with socially never referred to me as "friend", and the few times I have ever called them a "friend", they went silent.

One notable instance was on a Eurotrip I took with someone. We went to a club and, while I was rolling hard, I was talking with a few guys who were also off their rockers and the person I was traveling with came up to us. I introduced him to them as "one of my best buds", and he went silent and walked away. When we got back from the trip, he cut all contact with me (this is a guy I knew for YEARS).
>>
>>38446802

Yeah, well. Fuck that guy. Who gets butthurt over being considered someones good friend anyways?

I'll be your friend anon. That's a man needs anyways-- one or two close friends. The rest of the world can hang, for all I care.
>>
>>38446894
The only one hanging might end up being me, because there's no benefit from hanging on.

Why would you want to be my friend? Nothing I have said illustrates a positive or beneficial person that is worth connecting with. I have nothing to offer.
>>
>>38446934

>Nothing I have said illustrates a positive or beneficial person that is worth connecting with. I have nothing to offer.
>Why then, would you want to be my friend?

A good question! for me personally, I feel that most good relationships are actually transactional, as much as we would like to believe there's some sort of higher virtue attached (and there can be, believe me, but usually not) to friendship, the truth is-- the other person is getting something out of it.

I'm not necessarily talking about tangible or monetary gain, or exploitation, People can derive many different pleasures and comforts from people-- moral support, laughter, an opportunity to meet a broader selection of women--- you name it.

A true friend doesn't exploit you for these things, but they're certainly enjoying the benefits.

BRB, more inc
>>
>>38447100
Your analysis of friendship definitely aligns with mine, so we have that much in agreement.

I'm uncertain of how someone can become friends with someone on an anonymous forum
>>
>>38447100

One of my best friends had a similar life experience, people just didn't like him, and he couldn't figure out why. For him, it was because he completely lacked self-awareness, and it took alot of losing friends for him to realize that. But he reached out when he was at his lowest in that journey. I knew he needed a friend.

So what do you have to offer? you have your need. It may be strange to you, but that's one of the things I seem to respond to, on a deeper level.

What do I get out of it? I get to feel a little better about the world, knowing that there's just one less drop of suffering in the bucket. But it's not altruism or pity. It makes me feel good.
>>
>>38447167

Well I dunno!

it would better if we could meet for coffee and talk face-to-face!

Chances of that are a little low, but where do you live?
>>
>>38445607
Take it from me. Get a job that pays decent as soon as possible. You're not at rock bottom yet. Go to your community college, get a certification in some simple field, and begin working for money. Once you have money you'll be able to live comfortably. Once you can live comfortably you can wait out the death of society or prep to survive it. Not hard. You have to understand the world won't be the way it is 20 years from now. Do it now or never. Life is so fucking fleeting
>>
>>38447407
You're fooling nobody. People don't talk like that, especially to me.
>>
>>38447445

I'm honestly not sure what you mean by that.

Could you clarify?

Btw, I'm 35, and it's not unusual for my generation to meet face to face
>>
>>38445325
I know that feel my man Im 25 and in the same boat as you.
We're on a sinking ship and you need to get off before it sinks.

Don't fear people or what they think of you, your better than them anyway.
Just think of all the stupid shit they do, compare it to yourself and it'll cheer you right up.

Start socializing with mommies even if you have to fake it at first and pretend to have the same intreststs.
The more you know/know about the better person you become.
Even the trivial shit has meaning to them so just keep learning and never stop.
Be the wise one in life and people will flood to you as if your their savior.
>>
File: 1499233822539.jpg (6KB, 487x423px) Image search: [Google]
1499233822539.jpg
6KB, 487x423px
>>38447543
Normies** holy fuck I'm drunk
>>
>>38445325
You have above average writing skills.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.