[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /drifter/ Have you ever slept on the street? what's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: JohnRambo1982.jpg (26KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
JohnRambo1982.jpg
26KB, 400x250px
Who here /drifter/

Have you ever slept on the street? what's your favorite hobo snack?
>>
>>38444678
i like to crush up ramen and put the flavoring in there and shake it, making chips
was my favorite snack when i was homeless
>>
Been on the road for 7 years now. I don't eat for pleasure anymore. I just slather my 1200cal of protein and vegetables per day in cholula and try to make it last at least 15 minutes. Used to love chicken fried steak and eggs, but nobody is going to love me if I love food. Steamed california blend vegetables are pretty nice.
>>
>>38445295
do you have hobo "cheat days"? what do you splurge on when you have extra dime?
>>
>>38445339
Cost is never an issue. My fuckhueg chicken fried steak ran me about $22 with tip and drink, but now that all I eat is frozen chicken and vegetables I'm down to about $6 a day. Can't fuck with cheat days until I can stop cutting, which should be about 6 months from now, but a double western cheeseburger with criss cut fries added to the burger with two ketchup packets and a strawberry shake was always nice when I ran far enough west to hit a Carl's Jr. Sometimes I'll treat myself to a can of pickled beets.
>>
>>38445412
Tell us some /trucker tales/

Ever pick up a pick up a hitch hiker that left a big impression on you? fav city to cross through?
>>
>>38445660
Those 3 french girls I picked up cross country cycling were nuce. Gary, IN has Chicago traffic, but the best CB bantz.
>>
>>38446088
Have you seen the movie Convoy? Do truckers really bant like that over the radio thingy?
>>
>>38446186
I got through to the shower scene and at that point there was just too much bullshit to finish it. Their CB lingo is still a meme, but that dialect died out for unironic conversation about 20 years ago.
>>
I move from town to town working different jobs, not sure if that's considered a drifter
>>
While I was thumbing through Western Canada a couple months ago I slept in the forest one night. Well at least I tried to sleep.

Granola is a good snack.
>>
>>38445412
Do you use a propane camping stove? Seems weird to be chilling in a parking lot cooking food

When I live in my van I usually eat dried foods, some fruit, and a protein shake (mixed with water during the summer, I guess :/)
>>
>>38444678
Is drifter a chosen lifestyle?
>>
>>38447195
I used a propane grill for years, then switched to butane because it has a smaller footprint. Now I use an electric pressure cooker since I have a 3000w power inverter, and found one that doesn't catch on fire every 3 uses. A propane torch is a very handy cooking tool, and tool in general to have on the road.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.