[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, robotos. So, I'm 22/M/Cali, visiting my mom's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: rite-aid-beverly-hills-3.jpg (305KB, 1140x790px) Image search: [Google]
rite-aid-beverly-hills-3.jpg
305KB, 1140x790px
Hey, robotos.

So, I'm 22/M/Cali, visiting my mom's for the summer before my senior year of college starts in the Fall.

After hitting the gym, I'm shopping at the local Rite Aid, picking up essentials like a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, comb, and the like, carrying all the items in my left arm.

From across the aisle, I hear someone call out "hey!"

Confused, I turn my head.

I see a group of four girls, between ages 13-16 from what I could make out at the distance, one of them in the middle of the group waving to me and saying "hey!" again.

I'm really, really, really not used to girls I don't know calling to me or trying to get my attention when I go out in public, not even younger girls. Feeling slightly uncomfortable and awkward, but not wishing to be rude, I quickly smile, say "hi!" and wave, in an over friendly way, as if to say, "okay, silly, I see you calling me and I'm saying hey back," in a way one might almost call innocent flirting. I had no intentions of flirting with any of those girls, not just because of their ages, but because I'm an absolute fucking beta robot who's never had a girlfriend, is a virgin, doesn't go out, can't drive, and it currently unemployed. Now, I guess I understood that, shock of all shocks, those girls may have actually found me cute and attractive to the point where they wanted to get my attention. So, I guess my question is, how can next time something like this happens, hopefully with a girl within a better age group (18+), calls out to me or gets my attention, how can I go beyond saying "hi" and actually approach her, say something like "how are you doing?" or "where are you from?" or "what are you shopping for?" or "what school do you go to?" or "how are you enjoying this lovely weather?" or any other kind of normal conversation topic to have a pleasant, perhaps flirtatious encounter to make both parties feel happy and satisfied?

tl;dr How do I be less robot?
>>
Rise of the Planet of the Bump
>>
Dawn of the Planet of the Bump
>>
War for the Planet of the Bump
>>
>not greentexting the story
>>
>>38439530
>>38439540
>>38439583
>>38439646
You're the most reddit person I've ever seen on this website. Fuck off.
>>
>>38439694
>shit

>>38439743
Funny, because I religiously follow Rule 10 and I've never used Reddit in my entire life.
>>
>>38439530
the only way to get less awkward is to put yourself out there, don't force it but gradually learn to be social
>>
>>38439769
Nice 69 GET.

So....but, how do I gradually learn? Isn't going out and shopping in the real world putting myself out there? I was caught totally off guard. I wasn't expecting to talk to anyone outside of the person at the store register. How can I prepare myself for the unexpected?
>>
next time look annoyed and confused and say "what?", trust me. it puts the impetus on them to say something.
>>
>>38439865
That's pretty mean. I'd imagine it would just scare them away and make her say "sorry" or something. Maybe if I did it jokingly and playfully, but I don't want to be harsh.
>>
Final Bump, yo
>>
>>38439832
go with the flow, if you don't try as hard it will be more natural, you wont care about the result and you will freeze up less
>>
>>38439530
They just made fun of you OP....
>>
>>38440447
Literally just yell back "whats up!" and smile. When they respond with "nothing much what about you" or whatever just walk over.

The easiest way to make the encounter sperg free is to direct the conversation from the get go. Your sample questions sound robotic and awkward. Instead of asking her anything just be funny to break the ice. This isn't as hard as it seems. For instance if I was you I would sarcastically say "Just stocking up for an exciting visit with my mom" from there you can move on to your questions. "I wouldn't mind hanging with someone besides my mom" "Is there anything fun to do here" "Do you know a good place to do [hobby]"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.