[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw remembers that by being atheist I have no idea what happens

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: Close-up-of-Canada-lynx-in-snow.jpg (70KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
Close-up-of-Canada-lynx-in-snow.jpg
70KB, 650x433px
>Tfw remembers that by being atheist I have no idea what happens after death

How do my fellow robots cop with the constant fear/mystery of the after life ?

Will there be wi-fi in the void that I'm going to habit after I'm dead ??
>>
File: 1499841179833.jpg (77KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1499841179833.jpg
77KB, 550x550px
>how do my fellow robots cope?
i don't
i spend all day every day playing vidya trying to distract myself from it
worst part of the day is lying in bed where there's no more distractions
>>
>>38439226
Death is the best thing there is. The problem is the suffering that usually comes before it.
>>
File: rew7hg769.png (236KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
rew7hg769.png
236KB, 500x392px
>>38439226
>How do my fellow robots cop
>e
I realize that everything is a distraction and that people don't like to be reminded that time is running out but instead they sit down on their asses and focus on television

Nothing matters in the end, we're all nobodies whose graves will one day fall apart and new bodies will be placed over our old ones, it's happening right now, how many humans lived before you, do you ever think about them, no one does and someday you'll just be another number added to that forgotten list
>>
You accept it as an integral part of our existence.
The fact that life ends is what gives it value. Cliche for sure, but like northern lights on a cold evening, it's breathtaking. But if it's like that every night, who gives a fuck anymore.

You think of the most logical thing that will happen, accept that that will happen and then you go about your life.

One day, sooner or later, my body will stop functioning for one reason or another, and the illusion of existence that my brain is responsible for creating will cease. After that it's just the same as it was before I was born, not even knowing if I ever lived at all.
>>
there is nothing
life isn't that special, it's just fun and very very unlikely so we think it's a miracle
>>
File: C9RxoZhV0AAuPqr.jpg (121KB, 720x794px) Image search: [Google]
C9RxoZhV0AAuPqr.jpg
121KB, 720x794px
>>38439226
>implying an eternity of nothingness is a WORSE fate than ending up in HELL and suffering literally FOREVER, as 99.99% of this board would end up doing inevitably
>>
File: 1479584999676.png (53KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479584999676.png
53KB, 300x250px
>>38439414

I use music to try to distract myself on those lonesome moments, but geez, it most of times don't do shit

>>38439558
>>38439523

The problem isn't dying or being forgotten, I already gave up on caring about those things. The problem is what happens after I'm 7 feet down, the unknown is the worst
How the fuck do yolo normies sleep at night without thinking about this ?
>>
File: cosmic.png (496KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic.png
496KB, 633x758px
>>38439226
It's probably better then this life.
Except if it's (a) hell.
And if there's nothing for us personally, we're still part of the spirit of the universe.
>>
>>38439600

And the question goes even deeper

If the notion of punishiment is real, which religion got it right ??

I don't wanna spend the rest of eternity on a pit of boiling tar, or with a demon barfing into my mouth
>>
>>38439691
>If the notion of punishiment is real, which religion got it right ??
The most legitimate one.
Try to exclude them one at the time and you're left with only 2 sects as far as bluepill research goes.
If you dig deeper, only one is realistically it.
>>
>>38439641
>The problem is what happens after I'm 7 feet down, the unknown is the worst
For you, nothing happens. It's not "darkness for an eternity" or being in a void, it's nothing. There is no time, and there is no being. You cease to exist. Do you remember the void from before you were born? Do you remember how long you didn't exist before you were born?
No, because that's what not being alive is.

For everyone else, they go on about their lives. Just like any other day.
>>
>>38439226
Before you were born

Dreamless sleep.

That being said I'm not 100% okay with it. If I could choose a life where I never died I would. I might want to sleep for long times though. However if I keep going down that path, would I not eventually just end up in a world where I am a god like being?
>>
>>38439226
The hard part is what comes before.
>>
>>38439226
pro-tip: You'll be reborn, your spirit cast once more into a fleshy prison to suffer under the tyranny of the Demiurge and his Archons
>>
>>38439226
there is nothing after death beacause we are not even alive in a sense we think we are. Basically imagine a computer being ahut down and never again turned on. Thats death
>>
File: haPy helper.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
haPy helper.png
31KB, 720x644px
There isn't an afterlife anything

You cease to be, it all ends.

Your consciousness, your thoughts, your very existence, gone.

I'm guessing it's like a completely dreamless sleep that lasts for eternity.

Doesn't sound too bad when you think about it.
>>
>>38439226
Can you remember the time before you were born? It's like that. At least I hope it is. Sweet nothingness.
It's funny how in some movies a character is dead for a time and when they talk about what happened they make it seem like it would just be a black room where you're forced to spend eternity and they depict it as a scary thing. Like the writers have completely missed idea of ceasing to exist
>>
File: 1490582004395.jpg (67KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
1490582004395.jpg
67KB, 924x560px
>>38440698
>There isn't an afterlife anything
Oreganioli interesting.
Source?
>>
>>38440720
Biology

Surprisingly unoriginal
>>
>>38440904
>Biology
What about biology? ogregnioanlgigogno
>>
>>38439226
You become an orthodox Christian
>>
>>38441051
>orthodox Christian
All orthodocucks are idolaters and mary worshipers

Orhtodoxy is an heresy
>>
For this to blow your mind, you need to understand/assume a few things first.

First, we have no soul, consciousness, nothing of that sort. We are creatures driven by instincts and conditioning.
Survival instincts makes you want to avoid pain, eat, etc. Instinct to breed (love), makes you want a gf.
Most people want to be astronauts because the first time they saw a shuttle, they saw their parents or whoever was showing them a shuttle/space stuff act all amazed. And as a kid, you learn to associate certain things with certain emotions. Conditioning.
It feels like you like space yourself (and yes, it is in fact you who like it), but it's really just conditioning like this.

Second, all the processes in your body are completely deterministic. If you create a simulation of your body, you would feel exactly like you do within the simulation. You wouldn't know you were in a simulation. When you think certain thoughts, its just neurons firing in certain ways, chemicals binding to receptors, etc.

Now, what happens when you die? Does awareness itself stop? Like before you were born? Its the simplest explanation sure, but it might not be the correct one.
Think about what makes you you. If you can be yourself inside a simulation, that means you're just information. Nothing more.
Now think about infinity. If the universe is infinite, that means all possible information will eventually form in one way or the other.
Or not even in our universe, maybe in some other more complicated universe.
That includes you forming with the exact same memories, exact same neural pathways, thoughts and ideas, emotions, exact same awareness.
A great analogy would be a random image generator. Mostly it generates noise, but given infinite time, it will eventually generate a specific image.
And there's more of you obviously after you die. Most of you will experience noise, but some of you will experience something completely different.
>>
>>38441044
If we can explain exactly how our consciousness is maintained, we know exactly what happens when it stops.
>>
>>38441225
The only counter argument to this, is that this means you can form with the exact memories, neural pathways as you are right now at this very moment.
Your awareness can stop suddenly, and you can be transferred to whatever it is that you form around. At any point. Now. In 2 minutes. In a few days. At any point.
In fact, it's more likely statistically to suddenly start experiencing noise than it is to continue living this life at any point during your life.
>>
File: fedora2.jpg (60KB, 675x471px) Image search: [Google]
fedora2.jpg
60KB, 675x471px
>>38441225
>e
>>38441245
oreganolly uncanny desu
>>
File: 1495691726145.gif (47KB, 450x510px) Image search: [Google]
1495691726145.gif
47KB, 450x510px
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain
>>
Being afraid of death is as equally ridiculous afraid of dreamless sleep. No afterlife is a best case scenario.
>>
>>38441495
as being afraid of
oops
>>
>>38441517
>afraid of dreamless sleep
You realize people are not afraid of sleep because they know to a high degree of certitude they're gonna wake up again?
>>
>>38441561
its all a waiting game -- numbers numbers. infinite probability = you will wake up from death not your current consciois but you will assume control of another conscious or brain organ and live. but even if 10000000000000000^infinity years in to the future this happens you are dead and cant process that time so its like no time at all has passed. its a fate worse than no afterlife to be born to different personalities forever and ever a slave with no escape
>>
>>38441700
See >>38441302 for the counter argument to that.
>>
By trying to make myself live on in deed or genetically. Second option is out the window.
>>
>>38439799
Guide me

oregano farmer
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.