[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All human interaction is inherently selfish. We engage with others

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1490938130271.png (664KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
1490938130271.png
664KB, 1001x823px
All human interaction is inherently selfish. We engage with others because we want to validate ourselves by seeking out companionship. We want to talk about OUR problems and OUR interests and feel like WE'RE interesting and loved by others. We want them to be there for us, not the other way round and any instance in which we happen to serve someone else's interests is merely a happy side-effect of that constant pursuit of self-validation.

The Good Samaritan does not help the man collapsed in the desert out of a genuine concern for the man's safety. That's only secondary. He helps the man because he has been taught that helping others is what a good person would do, and he wants to go on seeing himself as a good person.

We're all just selfish, lonely souls desperately grasping at one another in the hopes of finding purchase, using them to pull ourselves up and then cutting ties the moment the other person is lower than us.
>>
Well spooked, my property. Why don't you become an egoist anarchist?
>>
In the end, we all want to feel better about ourselves. No girl wants to date a passive, introverted NEET living with his parents just like no man wants to date a girl that has a wierd face and voice. Though one of the nice things about being a male is that you can change yourself (which may be hard) and increase your social market value, whereas a females value is tied to her looks.

I think a lot of people will agree with you on these issues, though close to all of them are to emotionally damaged to fix themselves. This is the real issue, but no one is going to help these people out of their infinity deep hole of despair.
>>
>>38437269
ok so?
our existence is based on ourselves so it is normal for us to see ourselves as the center of our existance
do u wanna debate how everyone is evil becausd everyone is selfish?
>>
>>38437269
Truly a worldview fit for an undeveloped mind!

But do not worry, I have also been there, my friend, and I have reached the same conclusions. You however miss the most important point of all: man has evolved beyond his primary and selfish desires. Man is inherently a social creature, and his social desires are fully intertwined with his primal. The social needs are not of man alone, but of mankind together! It is therefore the opposite selfishness!
>>
>>38437269
if it's all selfish, then none of it is selfish.

learn to speak english and to articulate. if you want to project how you are ultimately lazy and stupid compared to others, start by looking at people who are particularly lazier than even you. even the virgins on this board who obsess about whores are conveying more interesting thoughts than the retard who says "we're all lonely XD"
>>
>>38437269
This isnt deep at all, everyone knows this.
>>
>>38438248
>>38439084
I'd agree with both of these. I'd also argue that if something encourages people to be better to each other, it's most likely a good thing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.