[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find ambition to do things? I don't want to be

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: dasitmane.jpg (8KB, 204x246px) Image search: [Google]
dasitmane.jpg
8KB, 204x246px
How do you find ambition to do things? I don't want to be a depressed sack of shit anymore and actually want to go out and improve my life, but everything is so daunting to me through my shit tinted depression goggles that I end up laying in my room for hours doing absolutely nothing productive.
I just want to be self sufficient and lead a life where I can wallow in self pity in peace and quiet and blame my lack of success on factors outside of my control.
>>
Bump, would like to start my life and gain confidence and not be terrified when I think of the future
>>
take your meds or suffer
>>
>>38437018
I've never bothered going to a therapist to try and score SSRIs or anything similar, my older brother took them and it turned him into an (albeit independent) emotionless asshole.
>>
I often look ahead and realize the consequences of not doing things.

For example:
"I don't want to shower" then I realize that my greasy ass will get a pizza face in no time.
>>
>>38437301
Keep in mind that meds work but it's basically a shot in the dark. The MD has no idea which of the many different types of meds are good for you and some might even make your depression worse. Also some have horrible side effects which might manifest in different power with different people. Combine that with the fact the most meds require some time to start working (like 2 weeks). They definitely work but the entire process of finding the right one for you is incredibly tedious.
>>
>>38436732
I only find motivation thanks to moving out to different cities. Maybe you should just try this approach?
>>
By forcing yourself to do things even if you don't want to.
And trying things until you find something you like. Do the thing at least three times before you decide it's not for you.

For example, I decided in a whim to try woodworking. I hated it to start off with. I split wood, my hands cracked and I screwed up more times that I can count. But I forced myself to do it a few more times. Once I got some experience, it became an enjoyable thing. Plus I can do it just for myself, or for other people, or sell my work.
>>
File: 1486815082274.png (42KB, 481x406px) Image search: [Google]
1486815082274.png
42KB, 481x406px
>>38438055
So basically try to develop Stockholm Syndrome towards everything that sounds interesting.
Fuck being human, dude. I'm leaning more towards death every day.
>>
>>38438135
It's not Stockholm syndrome, you asshat. It's sticking with something long enough that the bad becomes a non-issue. Or you get good at the stuff you were once bad at.
>>
File: jp_motivational.jpg (19KB, 545x365px) Image search: [Google]
jp_motivational.jpg
19KB, 545x365px
Life coaches HATE HIM! Find out how this CANADIAN NOBODY cured depression with one simple trick!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY48e1oDXSU
>>
>>38437602
currently at a local community college taking classes w/ no job, I would love to do that but financial restrictions won't allow it.
>>
>>38438324
It's basically Stockholm Syndrome but for habits. No need to call me names you gibbering subhuman retard.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.