[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my hairline is receding and im just 18yo, 19 years in a few months

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: cry.png (58KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
cry.png
58KB, 645x773px
my hairline is receding and im just 18yo, 19 years in a few months

my dad has hair and the dad of my dad too

is this because im stressed or something

can i fix this?
>>
sorry hairlet, youre fucked because of inferior genetics
>>
just hope you die before it gets worse
>>
>>38429924
nobody cares if your balding, as long as you're not obese, embrace it, go full bals, buy an OPPAI shirt and become one punch man
>>
Don't know if you can fix it, but there are things that help for some people.

Eating super helthy would probably do no harm.
Doing yoga head standing posture increases blood flow in the scalp - I've read that it can help. But apparently you may need to do it for like 30 min a day, and it may take months before you se a result. Read about it before you start though, go slow, don't break your neck, and don't do it if your blood pressure is too high. Head stand is super good for your health though, so it's worth doing just for that (I do 21 min most days).
There are herbs that reduce the wrong sort of testosterone, the one that makes you lose hair. longecity.org (the forum) is one place where you could look for info.
Meditation and wisdom could help with the stress.

There are lots of balding men that look male and attractive, so it's not the end of the world, but 18 is unusually young of course.

Hope everything turns out well for you anon.
>>
>>38431022
PS
My own hair has become thicker since i started with the head stand.
>>
>>38429924
"eating healthy" and "vitamins" are bullshit. Unless you have severe deficiencies (and you would know if you did), your hair won't be falling off.
Male pattern balding is caused by the suspectibility of your hair follicles to DHT, a naturally occurring male hormone (androgen).
At the moment, the only effective treatment against balding is medication that targets the production of DHT. Finasteride is one of these products.
For the majority of users the medication works without side effects, but there is a ~2% chance of sexual sides, and a small chance for even gynecomastia for example. In even rarer cases, these issues may persist after quitting the medication, so caution is needed.

In your case the use of Finasteride *may* be unadvisable, however, since you are only 18 years old and your body is still developing. Consult your GP about this, in any case.
You may try Minoxidil, but since it does not address the root cause of balding, its not very effective by itself.
Then there's hair transplants of course, but there's little point in getting a transplant done when you're still in the process of balding since you don't know your donor areas and the hair around the trasnplanted follicles would still continue to recede, leaving you with unnatural looking islands of hair.

There's some new treatments in the pipeline, but you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for them - delays, cancellations and overhyped products that fail to deliver are unfortunately the rule instead of expectation when it comes to hair loss industry. In any case, "Brotzu lotion" (google that) and Replicel / Tsuji's treatments hold some promise, and we might get something as early as 2018 if the stars align in our favor.
>>
>>38429924
It doesn't depend on your paternal side of the family, but on the maternal.

Is your mother's father bald, and if yes how fast did he lose it?
>>
>>38431191
Balding being solely inherited from your mother's side is simplification and the typical imageboard user's understanding of inheritance usually amounts to broscience.
Balding is controlled by multiple genes, they have found one gene in the X chromosome that is associated with balding but this does not by any means imply that you cannot inherit balding from your father's side.
Also looking at your mother's fathers hair doesn't guarantee anything - women have two X chromosomes, they inherit one from the father and one from the mother, so you would need to look at the hairs of an infinite list of your male ancestors from your maternal side to get any amount of certainty.
>>
>>38429924
yes stop giving a fuck and your hair will grow right back
>>
>>38429924
you are old enough for the meds, the side effects are rare and exaggerated. they are also the only thing that will actually work, biotin, fish oils and whatever will not save your hair. telogen effluvium typically does not show in receding hairline but rather diffuse hairloss in specific or all over areas if i remember correctly. stress does not cause balding but can in some cases accelerate the process.

>>38431022

improving blood flow to the scalp may have none to miniscule effects and eating foods that reduce the producton of DHT through alpha5 reductase may slightly help as well. good luck

>>38431169
yeah basically this but i typed this shit out so i mgonna post as well
>>
File: Snímka.jpg (60KB, 584x727px) Image search: [Google]
Snímka.jpg
60KB, 584x727px
>>38429924
Shave it all and tattoo giant swastika on your forehed.
BAM, the hair loss is the last thing people will notice about you.

Also, WTF CAPTCHA
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.