[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly do people mean when they say that you "dress

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1499604843583.jpg (297KB, 963x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1499604843583.jpg
297KB, 963x1036px
What sort of clothes mark someone as an autist? The stock answer seems to be stuff like a fedora hat, flame shirt, dad jeans, and those white New Balances old guys like, but this is a somewhat dated stereotype, and pretty much nobody dresses like that anymore regardless of social status. So then what would be the 2017 version of this?
>>
I'm probably legit autistic, so I wouldn't know.

Everything I wear somehow just seems to look... off, so I've sort of settled on a uniform of heather grey or black t-shirt, dark blue jeans (I make sure they're at least slim straight so normans don't yell at me), and black canvas sneakers, usually Nike's or Adidas. I don't know if this is an autistic look. Certainly the fact that I basically wear the same thing every day is autistic.
>>
I've heard people say this about white socks. Personally, I've always just bought a pack for like 7 bucks or whatever at the Dollar store. Never knew this was anything wrong with it until recently.
>>
It's usually when someone dresses super boring and has no fashion sense or awareness of trends. Usually, they tend to either go overly formal like Reviewbrah or they go overly casual like the virgin walk guy. Both are ways of compensating for their autism-induced inability to understand fashion, one by reverting to a classic look that is seemingly timeless (in reality, nothing is timeless because fit and other factors matter a ton) and the other by going the casual route and trying to blend in with normies but not pulling it off due to obvious weirdo body language/posture and subtle little things they fuck up.
>>
>>38427477
This. I'm pretty much the second one.
>>
File: qhfumlfbyxwa5wexotdq.jpg (17KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
qhfumlfbyxwa5wexotdq.jpg
17KB, 620x400px
These are autism shoes.
>>
What exactly are "dad jeans"? I was never clear on that. Are they just bootcut light wash jeans? Stonewashed denim in general? Or is it now so broad that it means anything that isn't $500 raw denim skinny jeans that you can never wash?
>>
How does one go about learning to walk like a normal person? I do the not swinging my arms things. For whatever reason, my arms just don't naturally swing. I don't know why. I've tried consciously swinging them, but it looks out of sync with my body, and I feel like that would be even more noticeable. Is there some connection between this and bad posture? Or could there be some connection with mental dysfunction?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>38427103
>>38427213
>>38427327
>>38427637
>>38427575
>>38427544
>>38427528
>>38427477
>Not wearing SUPREME 24/7
I feel sorry for you lads
>inb4 hypebeast
>>
I'd like to start dressing better, but I often feel like certain items are "too cool" for me, like I'll look like a try-hard if I wear them or piss people off for giving whatever it is a negative connotation by associating it with my ugly social retard self.
>>
I once heard someone say that polo shirts are the sort of thing someone would wear if their mother shopped for them.
>>
>>38427637
>>38427637
do you walk differently when completely alone vs out in public? do you get awkward and freeze up around people and walk with less arm movements? just b urself, be confident, find your flow, go for a long 10 miles more walk and find your natural pace that feels good to you. the idea is to walk confidently, simply because it feels good. you should not be consciously thinking out each arm swing, it should be a natural part of walking with a nice flow, since the arm movement aids that movement.

also, jeffrey dahmer had a weird walk hardly moving his arms. you may be a homosexual serial killer. but seriously, i remember having your concern and i "grew out of it" as i became more comfortable with myself.
>>
>>38427103
They mean that some unattractive man was wearing clothes.
>>
I always wear dark slim jeans paired with a shirt of any color, as long as its a dark shade of that color which is all I own. On certain occasions i'll go out in the same black jeans but with a slim fit black shirt and an all black bomber jacket (not a leather one) over. I tend to wear everything dark, but not in any specific way that would assign me to any particular group like a goth or emo dude. I hate clothes that have any kind of branding or wording on them, and I only wear solid color clothes. As for shoes I just wear all black vans. I'm very certain i'm a functioning aspie (based on my history and other personality traits, not exclusively by the way I dress) but I haven't gotten a clinical diagnosis yet. Does it fit the bill?
>>
>>38427103
God, that's autistic, OP.
>>
File: 1495689863483.jpg (191KB, 1400x569px) Image search: [Google]
1495689863483.jpg
191KB, 1400x569px
>>38427103
Be chad and be happy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.