[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I start smoking cigarettes? Please don't respond

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

File: m_a_l_i_b_l_u_e_.jpg (47KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
m_a_l_i_b_l_u_e_.jpg
47KB, 700x700px
Should I start smoking cigarettes?

Please don't respond with "its addicting and cancer", I am fully aware of the consequences.

I refuse to smoke weed on the grounds that my mom died of meth overdose last year.
I hate all drugs.

All of my family smokes.
Is it true it eases stress and helps you sleep?
>>
>>38426368
nicotine is a drug
it's a stimulant
it'll make whatever thing you're doing slightly more enjoyable while you're doing it
>>
>>38426423
So is that enjoyable feeling worth it?
>>
>>38426454
it's better with caffeine. stimulants potentiate each other. no it's not worth it
>>
>>38426368
You have a higher chance of having something happen from cigarettes than weed. Weed has more enjoyable effects, more medicinal benefits, and it's less addicting. Your drug vendetta is illogical.
>>
File: 1486069049137.png (40KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486069049137.png
40KB, 255x200px
It's pretty nice.
>tfw i started smoking because i don't have the balls to kill myself straight away
>>
>>38426368
>I refuse to smoke weed on the grounds that my mom died of meth overdose last year.
>I hate all drugs.
please educate yourself more
>>
>>38426368
>My mom was killed by a nigger, therefore I hate all niggers.
>>
File: anime_maco.jpg (46KB, 718x711px) Image search: [Google]
anime_maco.jpg
46KB, 718x711px
>>38426368
wtf??? done weed, cigs, those damn aphetamines and lots of other minor shit like diazepam, lexotan klonopin....

my two cents are... cigs are the worst ever, then is amphetamines in general then alcohol ...then all other common pill shit then is weed just below caffeine
>>
>>38426368
Also, comparing weed to meth is the same as comparing a stubbed toe to getting shot with an AR.
>>
>>38426544
>>38426564
I see people with weed only as the low of society or when they believe they are at their low. I just don't want to have the association.
Plus, taking care of high people is scary.
>friend starts getting high and acts like a dick all night
>creepy intense stare at everything
>all of a sudden goes into the kitchen and yells "I want to make waffles!"
>"no, I don't trust you with fire"
>freaks out and starts pummeling me, other friends stop him
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1000x1421px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1000x1421px
>>38426614
shit i sound like a pothead
weed is quite dangerous desu
its caffeine and alcohol that are underestimated
>>
Nobody wants to simply tell me yes or no
>>
>>38426646
That association only exists online. A lot of people smoke weed and a lot of people are okay with it. And if that's how your friend acts when high, he's gotta be smoking Spice or some shit. Weed alone doesn't do that to you ever.
>>
Just do pipe smoking or weed.

>Pipe smoking
-Cool
-Fun
-Doesn't taste like bleached hay tar
-Not addicting
-Only risk is mouth cancer

>Weed
-Little less harmful than cigs
-Not addictive unless you're retarded
-You actual get your money's worth for sensation
>>
>>38426673
Don't smoke cigarettes, retard. It's a waste of money for what you're getting from it. Get over your stupid excuse for not smoking weed and just smoke weed. It is literally the least dangerous drug.
>>
>>38426368
>I hate all drugs
>want to smoke cigs
guess what son, nicotine is absolutely, unequivocally a drug, what are you gonna do?
>>
>>38426673
OK then no, its worse than meth
>>
>>38426688
I mean, there are a lot of people with many different reactions. This exact same talk happened after that.
Friends sister gets paranoid and just destroys her room looking for shit
My brother doesn't handle it well either, so he just upgraded to coke like a bitch
Everyone just gets horny

I don't want to be fucking impaired, I just want to relax, is that too much to comprehend?
>>
File: 1495310596122.png (448KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495310596122.png
448KB, 900x900px
>>38426689
>thinks that smoking with a pipe can't result in lung cancer
>thinks it's cool
>thinks it's not addicting
Retardfags get out
>>
>>38426745
That last part was for the thread as a whole, BTW, not to you anon
>>
File: 1464584201935s.jpg (7KB, 194x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464584201935s.jpg
7KB, 194x250px
>>38426745
>I don't want to be fucking impaired, I just want to relax, is that too much to comprehend?
ok, beer then, moderately, i recommend only good ones
>>
>>38426745
>I just want to relax
Let me tell you what happens when you start smoking cigarettes.
>nicotine dependence
>lots of more money being spent
>irritable when not smoking
>slowly killing yourself for a slight buzz

Let me tell you what happens when you start smoking weed.
>mellowed
>easily entertained
>legitimate medicinal benefits
>not as expensive when you consider the effects

Just fucking smoke weed or don't smoke at all, retard.
>>
just vape bro, still eases stress (once you get past the stress of figuring out the hardware / configurations part)
>>
>>38426790
Eh, I have too much of a sweet tooth for beer, plus have a really high tolerance to alcohol. Two bottles of plum wine, my friends are slobbering, and I'm just a little buzzed.
>>
>>38426836

I find beer gives me headaches unfortunately, and if I have too many I turn into a complete retard and have to pass out/dont wanna talk to anyone.

>>38426827

I used to be a daily weed smoker, was fun for a while but it gets kind of old eventually, takes a lot of money to buy regularly and it can cause anxiety (Which it did for me so I had to stop or smoke a high CBD strain)
>>
>>38426883
Really? It helped with mine and helps most people I know with theirs. It can cost a lot of money, but honestly a lot of people just don't know how to hit properly and waste a lot of weed.
>>
File: 35d8s8.jpg (51KB, 625x564px) Image search: [Google]
35d8s8.jpg
51KB, 625x564px
>>38426883
> I find beer gives me headaches unfortunately, and if I have too many I turn into a complete retard and have to pass out/dont wanna talk to anyone.

you drinking cheap stuff
google wiki Fusel_alcohol
>>
>>38426827
But I don't want to be impaired. Even if I have to figure out my tolerance the first few times, I couldn't make such a wreck of my conscience.
Im not ignorant, I've been with people who smoke pot, and its never been a good experience. Its never appealed to me, and the contact high made me feel ill. It stinks. At least with cigarettes, they smell like home.
>>38426883
And I agree with this anon, I think whatever I'd smoke, cigarettes or weed, I'd still be spending about the same.

Plus I'd trust a gas station clerk over a guy I have to meet up with at a park or something. Too shady
>>
>>38426922

It used to help with mine but I found I did it too much and it made me always feel on edge.

Same thing happened to a few friends of mine. It's like we smoked for years but suddenly we can't cause were older and have more worries I guess. It sucks but is common.
>>
>I refuse to smoke weed on the grounds that my mom died of meth overdose last year.

top fucking kek op
>>
>>38426368
>I hate all drugs.

Is this a fucking joke? You have no idea what weed is like, how it relates to meth in terms of effects, popularity, addiction potential and "gatewayness" and you're retarded for thinking cigarettes aren't also a drug.
>>
i smoke cigarettes and play video games. and i find that video games are more relaxing than cigs.

but its just easier to pop a cig real quick. don't do it, find something else
>>
>>38426945
What exactly do you think being high on weed is like? Drinking will make you more impaired than weed will. You are being ignorant. Either your friends are smoking way too much to the point they're on fucking Mars, or they're smoking something harder. Weed is not this serious.
>>
>>38426368

Oh my god what b8

saged and reported enjoy your ban niger hahahaha
>>
>>38426954
Damn, that's unfortunate. Have you smoked since? Maybe it could have been that you just needed a break to let your body recover from a potential dependency?
>>
>>38427011

I've taken a break for about 3 weeks now. It's been tough. Haven't slept as well, feel more irritable and depressed.

I'll likely wait another month and then smoke more.

I have taken breaks which has helped in the past. We'll see. I'm also trying to lose weight which may help.
>>
>>38427038
not that same anon but
have you tried just smoking very tiny hits to get a mild buzz at most? like microdosing
>>
>>38427038
What kind of stuff do you do throughout the day? This may seem like a dumb question to ask on /r9k/, but what's your lifestyle like? I can't imagine being a shut-in and relying on weed is very healthy. Maybe that's why you feel like that while not smoking?
>>
>>38426994
I've never been drunk, but they look about the same. Doing stupid shit, being giggly, maybe a fight depending the situation

It just doesn't appeal to me. I want something that can take the edge off that won't make me a retard
>>
File: 1496095986929.png (121KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1496095986929.png
121KB, 399x388px
>>38426945
Anon, this obsession with cigarettes is stupid. There have been many reasons previously stated for you to NOT pick up the habit but you seem adamant to light up a death stick anyways. You say you just want to relax, but you eschew marijuana which many people smoke for exactly the reason you seek. Why are you making this so hard Anon?

Cigarettes are bad m'kay? There's no two ways about it. They're detrimental to your health in massive ways. They're not even very good at what they do. The effects only last for as long as you're smoking. As soon as you finish one, you'll quickly feel the effects wear off. This is why smokers usually light up more than one during a session. If you're smoking to relax, who knows how many you'll smoke in one sitting. Not to mention the cost if you become a pack a day smoker. Starting out, maybe you won't spend too much on cigarettes over weed, but if you become a genuine addict, say goodbye to any spare spending cash.

I'm not a big fan of Mary Jane, on account that I simply dislike the notion of inhaling anything foreign, but the facts are the facts. They're a drastically better choice for you than cigarettes. Several people have already tried telling you and you have now ignored them several times over because of your "experience" with the drug. I would like nothing more than to see you not smoke anything, but if you must then I implore you to smoke marijuana instead of cigarettes.

You made this very hard. Why?
>>
>>38426594
That's literally reasonable, anon
>>
>>38427053

That does help, but then I always feel like I gotta smoke more cause I find the high weak. But you're right, that can work if needed.

It's also a money thing, I spent thousands of dollars on weed and it's not good... I'm living off ramen now.

>>38427082

Well, I'm not a "shut in" now exactly, but for a while I didn't go out much. I gained weight and felt pretty depressed and socially anxious.

I've been trying to go out more though and trying to eat better which has helped somewhat.
>>
>>38427090
being drunk is way different than being high... perhaps you should try both once so you have an inkling of an idea of what you're talking about instead of sounding stupid and dismissing them preemptively.
also you don't need to get loaded, as the post above the post above you says, you can get a mild buzz and just be chill, not even noticeably altered to others.
>>
>>38427114
That's good. If you weren't already, doing that kind of stuff while also smoking is fantastic. Smoking helped a lot with my sadness and got me to go out more. I still smoke and I'm the happiest I've ever been whether I'm high or sober.
>>
>>38426746
>inhaling pipe tobacco
>implying pipes have no aesthetic value

pipe tobacco exists for the taste, you do not inhale. also, natural tobacco does not have the high levels of nicotine found in cigarettes
>>
>i hate drugs
>i want to smoke cigs

you'd be way better off smoking a little weed than taking 20 years off your life with cancer sticks.
whatever stress that nicotine might ease is replaced by the stress of not having a constant supply of nicotine.
>>
>>38427114
>I spent thousands of dollars on weed
>smoking a lot
I think the problem is you don't have a job or anything to do all day so you resort to getting high 24/7. I have obligations and most importantly family I'm living with so this is too much for me, but yet I still have a habit of one bowl a night max, usually thrice a week or so.
Doing too much just overloads you psychologically.
>>
>>38427147
Even without inhaling there is a massive statistical increase in lung cancer. It's not like no smoke at all is getting into your lungs, it's coating the inside of your mouth with tar.
>>
>>38427096
I couldn't have said it better, anon.
>>
>>38426646
Sounds like your friend is bi-polar or some shit. If you take one or two hits and just chill you'll have a good time.
>>
>>38426368
>Asks if smoking is a good idea and if it helps you sleep.
>Says he is fully aware of the consequences.

You obviously are not aware of the consequences/effects of smoking you fucking autist. There are a million ways to relieve stress that don't involve smoking cigarettes. Get a pet, that way you won't hate yourself enough to end your life 10 years from now.
>>
>>38427096
Because I didn't come here to talk about weed, I came here to ask about cigarettes. I don't care about cost. Its not like I'm not listening to you guys on why I shouldn't, but I've heard the exact same argument about why I shouldn't do both.

Your post was good, but as I said, I didn't come here to debate being a stoner, I'm here to debate whether I get a pack once and a while
>>38427122
Read back through, I have a really high tolerance to alcohol.
>>
>>38427146

Yeah, it certainly can help to be active & smoke or at least have a life (somewhat). Right on.

>>38427150

You're right. But weed was all I had for a while and it was how I made friends/felt somewhat confident. So it can be tough to cut down. But I'm working on it. Doing nothing and being high can do a lot to the psyche. I also did acid a few times which was pretty intense and caused more anxiety for a bit.
>>
>>38427187
Two cats and 4 tanks of crayfish have done nothing but hindered my sleep even worse, anon.

And before you guys get on that topic, no I don't want a dog.
>>
>>38427194
there's really no good reason to smoke, it might help you in the short term but its only going to hurt down the road.
it's like the world's slowest suicide.
that and obesity.
>>
>>38426368
I'm pretty sure this is heavy bait but you have more chance of dying from cigs than you do from smoking weed
You can't overdose on weed unless you consume metric tons of it all in one day. Cigs are just evil
>>
>>38427229
>get low social-involvement pets
>wonder why they don't reduce your stress
>>
>>38426643
OP seems really childish in this regard.
>>
>>38427207
I definitely suggest doing that if and when you decide to start smoking again. Hoping for the best for you, anon.
>>
>>38427194
regardless, you obviously don't understand what being high is like
>>
>>38427276

For sure. Thanks anon. I'm sure it'll all work out. ~ I wish you the best as well.
>>
If you have to ask, despite everyone saying no (health class, parents, peers) why do you think you should? Retards like OP are the target audience for cigarettes because theyre too dumb to realize they will suck you into getting addicted and you will dump so much money into them.

t. that person
>>
>>38427233
I don't really plan to do it long term. Its just been a real tough year, so I guess I'll get a pack and judge it.
I'm sorry for you guys that say weed, but I really don't want to try.
>>38427259
Good point
>>38427284
Only by an observers point of view
>>
>>38427263
He's how 12 year old me used to be. Hopefully his ignorance on drugs will shed as he looks more into it.
>>
>>38427194
Here's the thing though. Everyone stsrts as a once-in-a-while smoker. All of them. And those once in a whiles become every two weeks, then weekly, then on weekends, then every other day, then every day. Sad thing is they trick your brain into wanting it more and more frequently and that's how everyone becomes addicted. Just stay the fuck away from cigs man, there's nothing good that will come from them
>>
>>38426368
>Should I start smoking cigarettes?
no, but ...
>Is it true it eases stress
yep, kind of a lot actually. its effects are mild enough to not be hindering and last for about 20 minutes.

side effects are obviously addiction; which in itself adds to stress but if you always smoke, no stress ever, I guess.

Smoking cigarettes is a stimulant, so it doesnt really help you sleep. it helps you sleep only if youre addicted and need to smoke.

Cigarettes are also a mental depressant. I always feel depressed, hopeless when I smoke. But it seems its other effects outweights it.

Your clothes will smell like shit and you wont notice, only non smokers will. It stains fingers too. Possibility of cancer. Lung capacity decreased.

Cigarettes is an on and off thing for me. Some day it doesnt do shit anymore and just depresses me so I stop smoking, Then months later I'm stressed/feel like shit so I buy a pack. rinse and repeat.

Fortunately I only smoke 2 per day, and light cigarettes. I find they taste better than normal strength cigs and the drag is better. Like that I can stop almost anytime I want.

Smoking in itself isnt such a bad thing, but if you're a point where it's 10+ a day you might have trouble. hope that helped, been smoking since 14 im 21 now.
>>
>>38427310
Nobody plans to do it long term.... Everyone just says "oh I'll quit later" every time they're asked. They never do. They usually come back to it, just save yourself the trouble and get away from them man.
>>
Wow look at all the stoners in this thread.
>>
>>38427312
>omg hes never done drugs!?
>He's such a kid!
You seem to dodge fact I don't like what people turn into when they do it
>>38427362
Thank you anon. You gave me good and bad, didn't force or opinion on me, and gave me good, real life experience.
I'll keep this in mind
>>38427379
I noticed this too, but then we see it with drinking, weed, other drugs etc.
>>
>>38427411
Yes, because that's how humans see problems. They recognize them and react to them until they are able to push it in the back of their mind. Shits killing you, slowly but surely. Save yourself the trouble man. It's not worth it.
>>
>>38427410

Tons of stoners on here, bruh. Kek
>>
>>38427411
no problem OP.

egergergergrth
>>
>>38427411
Nice strawman. I didn't say there was anything wrong with being drug free. I said you're ignorant to drugs and unaware of how they effect you. I wouldn't be surprised if you were underaged with the way you view weed.
>>
You can take Kratom it's a better high than both drugs
>>
>>38427229
Crayfish. FUCKING CRAYFISH!!?? Christ anon get s pet that you can cherish and vice versa anon.
>>
>>38427620
They are my babies, and I just want them to have babies as well.

Plus they make me feel special because no one else raises crayfish :3
>>
Everyone and their mother who picks up their cigarette for the first time thinks "I can just quit later" or "I can put them down whenever I want to" But the reality is that people seldom do and nicotine is addictive as all hell and you are just going to enter in an endless cycle of dependency and self-loathing
>>
>>38426836
You sound like a fucking pussy
>>
>>38426368
Don't do it if you're in California. Otherwise buy a pack and have a few sober then a few while buzzed. See if it's for you. Cigs are comfy if you don't care about living a long life
>>
>>38428079
Thank you anon

Jtjfjgjg
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.