[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know a 500 calorie a day diet is unhealthy and stupid and despite

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 721.jpg (54KB, 857x696px) Image search: [Google]
721.jpg
54KB, 857x696px
I know a 500 calorie a day diet is unhealthy and stupid and despite being miserable on it you lose like a pound a day and its so noticeable and fast that you start getting happy and can't stop.
>>
I didnt eat any food on any other days besides Mondays, and it had to be under 200 calories.
I lost 40 pounds in a month, but now i have health problems
>>
>>38425659
what health problems specfically
>>
I'm usually around 1000-1200 a day
>>
I think I probably eat around 1800 calories a day if I had to guess, I don't really watch calories
>>
Yeah then your body goes into shock and you eat like a holocaust survivor afterwards undoing any progress.
>>
Hey OP you should try a better diet with more, but healthy, foods. Otherwise when you stop dieting you will most likely regain the weight you have lost and possibly more.
>>
>>38425611
Don't do it, anon. The potentially permanent health problems and brain damage aren't worth it.
>>
I've been doing intermittent fasting where I dont eat on Monday at all, eat 1000kc on Tuesday, eat 200kc on Wednesday, eat 1000kc on Thursday, then on the weekend I go nuts.
Haven't lost a dang pound.
>>
>>38425792

I've been eating a big handful of jelly beans every day. I should eat a cabbage or something instead.

>>38425801
>>38425789

The health problems and gaining weight back are a bit of a meme. I have done this before and despite not being on a healthy intake I was feeling better every day simply because I was losing a lot of weight and transitioning from obese to normal. When I started eating normally again I gained very little weight and that then went back down.
>>
>>38425611
I'm an anorexic and I hate eating. I'm getting to eat more but I also like candy. Today Ive eaten 1200 calories but about 800 of them have been candy. My family keeps buying it and I can't stop eating it. So I'm eating virtually no actual nutritional food and not losing weight because I'm literally being winnie the pooh of chocolate.

If I take away the candy I've eaten 400 calories such is awful. I've lost 85 lbs but I'm literally becoming a Jew here.im so fucked up. I see a psych and they are threatening to lick me up again if I don't stop doing this and will force feed me.

I fucking hate food.
I wish I never had to eat ever.
I literally break down crying because I can't handle everyone forcing all these things on me and I feel so disgusting. Plus the more weight I lose the more disproportionate my body gets.
I feel like my whole body is gigantic.
People say I'm pretty but I know I'm not.
>>
>>38426248
aare you a girl? you can eat my cum desu it's very dense in proteins to sustain you
>>
>>38425898
>health problems are a bit of a meme
I feel like I have to mention this every day lately, but as someone training to be a personal trainer, the health problems are VERY REAL.

Your metabolism will be fucked FOREVER and as a result you will burn 600-700 less calories per day than the average person in your demographic. Also, your hormones have a chance of being fucked (ALSO FOREVER) and as a result will be hungry every day for the rest of your life unless you overeat. You will actually only ever feel satisfied when you're gaining weight. Look up what happened to contestants on that show "The Biggest Loser" I think every single one of them is completely fucked due to a 1200-1400 calorie diet with exercise. 500 a day will fucking kill you.
>>
>>38427572
Jesus, really? Why? Is that only the case when you're doing it because of obesity? I was underweight and got an eating disorder and got even more underweight eating basically nothing. Now I'm recovered and wondering if my metabolism is secretly fucked and I just haven't noticed yet because I still eat less than average without realizing. I'm more strongfat than cut despite working out and not eating a ton. Is there a way to tell?
>>
>>38427572
alarmist horseshit.

I lost 40 by reducinf anywhere from 1000 to 1500 per day with the occasional splurge. im back at 2000 ish now with no issues. you're just peddling self-serving bullshit to keep your job relevant
>>
>>38426248
>Today Ive eaten 1200 calories but about 800 of them have been candy
You're gonna get so much diabeetus if you keep that us.
>>
>>38426248

Move out of home, roastie.

If you have control of your kitchen you can limit yourself to healthy and nutritious meals.
>>
>>38427572

I don't really know what the metabolism is to be honest
>>
>>38427791
Metabolism refers to biological transformations that convert food to energy needed for specific functions in the body, as well as material needed to make proteins and fatty acids.

To put things simpler and in terms of losing weight, basically thanks to our metabolism we are constantly burning calories just to keep ourselves alive. People with stronger/more efficient metabolisms will naturally burn more calories. This is what people mean when referring to how teenagers eat shit like pizza and soda every day without losing weight because of their strong metabolism.

>>38427688
kek personal trainers get wayyyyyy more service from in shape people trying to go the extra mile than obese people. I'm legitimately trying to help out, you can take my advice or fuck off.

>>38427677
It's not necessarily only the case for obese people, though it is much more common as someone with a maintenance of say 4000 calories who cuts down to 1000/day will be much more fucked than someone with a maintenance of 2100 who cuts to 1000. The easiest way to tell would be to just count calories for a month and see if your actual weight change correlates with what simple calculations would expect. This is a pretty good article and can answer your question more in-depth than I have the space to.

https://www.restartmed.com/biggest-loser-study/
>>
>>38425611
500 calories a day won't be 1 pound a day unless you are extremely obese
>>
>>38427992
this. you would need a maintenance of like 4000 calories per day when the average person should be eating literally half of that.
>>
>>38425789
how long after? I lost weight unhealthily fast and I've been slim now for a couple of mounts. I'm scared that the shock state is gonna appear.
>>
>>38427958
A slower metabolism is not an illness.
A diet is for life, not just for until you lose the weight. Of course you'll gain it all back twicefold if you keep eating like a pig. If you eat little LIKE YOU SHOULD be in the first place, you'd stay thin and healthy.

People are meant to eat very little and not even every day.
1000-1500 kcals in fat and protein a day gets you more than enough energy to lead a very active lifestyle.
2000 kcals in refined sugar and starchy foods is Anglo-american establisment propaganda and leads to obesity.
>>
>>38425611
one pound of fat equals to a deficit of 3500kcal

I am pretty sure your daily maintenance is not 4000kcal
>>
>>38425611
I've been on around 600 kcl per day restriction diet for 2 days with cardio workouts at least 1h per day, it's super challeging mentally, I get angry, have trouble falling asleep and only think about food. But I'm impatience I want to see the results as soon as possible and I can have a strong self control if I put my mind into it.
Normally I'm on perma 16/8 intermittent fasting.
>>
i don't count calories only do workout and eating healthy it works for me

when I eat like pig and do heavy workout it is not enough!!

it sucks
>>
File: IMG_4286[1].jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4286[1].jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>eating pic related everyday, shit ton of fats
>dont watch diet/never counted calories
>105 pounds 5'6
>lighter than half the girls in my class
>some boys more than 2x my weight
>skinny
>relatives ask why i never eat and ask why im starving myself every week
>cant tell if blessing or misery
>>
File: 081312e.jpg (33KB, 312x400px) Image search: [Google]
081312e.jpg
33KB, 312x400px
>>38429602
>105
I'm the same height and 116,fml.
This thread is now thinspo
>>
Dude, if you are disciplined enough to eat 500 calories a day you might as well just go for the healthy route and eat in a 1000 calorie deficit from your bmr. You will lose 2 lbs a week this way and won't fuck up your body.
>>
File: 5626496.jpg (28KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
5626496.jpg
28KB, 600x500px
>mfw I eat 3500 calories a day
I only weigh 140 lbs btw
>>
>>38425675
he is probably exhausted and feels like shit
at least thats how I felt when I didn't eat anything for a week
>>
File: weekly-intermittent-fasting.jpg (168KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
weekly-intermittent-fasting.jpg
168KB, 800x540px
May as well do fasting now you're at it. Fasting is way easier than very low calorie diets, just keep a bottle of water with you at all times.

If not at least try IF or a once per week 24 hour one, which will help you lose weight even faster.
>>
Just fast retard, it's healthier
>>
>>38428290
>I am stupid: the post
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.