[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else find it slightly troubling that deep, emotional

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1492542446964.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492542446964.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
Does anyone else find it slightly troubling that deep, emotional songs are big pop hits?

like it seems wrong for a passionate breakup song to be played on the radio and at clubs and shit

music is meant to be a sacred, personal sort of thing, i feel

if you love a song you should listen on headphones in your room and cry, not get drunk at a party with others and dance and shit while listening
>>
big pop hits are made to be big pop hits.
>>
>>38424165
Yeah popular music seems to be mostly about normalizing relationship failure, drug use and other activities that eat away at the core of society.

I personally really like Slayer.
>FUNERAL HELD FOR THE DEPRESSION OF MAN
etc
>>
Most people don't listen to lyrics, look at Heya by outkast. Besides, the point of art is to transmit ideas and emotions, the more people listen to it the better.
>>
some people just aren't that into music

it's like how some people don't really care that much about sports. they'll watch the playoffs or something but won't get into strategy and stuff. it's just background noise
>>
>>38424165
holy shit that's a quality mellon collie pic

>>38424234
is that postmortem?
>>
>>38424350
Sure is buddy. High five.
I like the next couple of line where he yells SIFTING AWAY THE DEBRIS OF HATED LIFE, COLD TOUCH OF DEATH BEGINS TO CHILL YOUR SPINE.

The havok cover on unnatural selection is great too because they play it Marty Friedman style and do it a half step up.
>>
>>38424234
drugs r bad?

bloxxx
>>
>>38424490
No pal, speedball it up until you're 85lbs and dead like Layne Staley.
>>
>>38424165
>deep, emotional songs are big pop hits
What? name one truly deep song that is a pop hit, and I mean truly deep in musical complexity and lyrical (if applicable) sophistication.

Top pop hits are generated through a proven formula of synthetic chord progressions accompanied by popular vocal tones. It's not unique and ultimately doesn't have much meaning outside of a catchy beat, which makes it not matter if the song is about heartbreak, love, fun, or pain. As long as the song was produced from the pop formula it will be a hit.

Besides, everyone who listens to a plethora of music will tell you indie and avant rock produces the most cathartic music that is truly deep in musical structure and lyricism
>>
>>38424165
>if you love a song you should....cry
as much as i appreciate music and what it may represent/evoke, you are a stupid bitch.

"deep" doesn't mean anything. the word you're looking for is "ambiguous" or "creative." people react better when art is up to interpretation. nobody plays "passionate breakup songs" at clubs, that's a terrible business strategy you dingus.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.