[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here /jobsearch/? >apply for warehouse/inventory type

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1411357666203.jpg (31KB, 558x515px) Image search: [Google]
1411357666203.jpg
31KB, 558x515px
who here /jobsearch/?

>apply for warehouse/inventory type job
>they have me make a shitty, awkward video talking to myself as part of the interview process
>now invited to an inperson interview where ill apparently be questioned by a whole team of managers/directors
>likely to be rejected as i always am because of social anxiety/awkwardness and because of all the other people interviewing for the same job
>all this for the privilege of slaving away at slightly above minimum wage

any tips for interviewing?
>>
>>38419519
>who here /jobsearch/?

YEs. I have the same problems

>any tips for interviewing?

Yes, dont be an awkward, trembling, sweaty mess.

I have a degree and Im stuck making near minimum wage doing jobs that don't require a college degree.

I couldn't even get an offer after interviewing for an unpaid internship that required a degree..
>>
File: 1493017422448.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1493017422448.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>38419519
Just be calm. Don't overthink things. Obviously they want you there.Other people also applying for the job should not worry you, they feel the same way. When I did interview for my most recent wagecuck job so just used terms I found on Google that make me sound smart.
Commerical Awareness for example means knowing the wider outreach of the company. Look up some things about the company. Seem interested even though you are not. Also have a goal. Only reason I worked wagecuck job is so I can buy car, go back to school and leave shit city.

>>38419635
What degree do you have?
>>
>>38420172
BA in political science with a minor in history.
>>
File: s1982e7.png (121KB, 640x471px) Image search: [Google]
s1982e7.png
121KB, 640x471px
>Shower and dress well, even if the position is entry-level
>Have good posture and body language, which lets the team know you're alert and observant
>Speak clearly and not too quickly (I always have this problem)
>Ask specific questions about the job, i.e. its required qualifications, what an average day might look like, etc.
>Thank them for inviting you, and say you look forward to seeing them again
t. Failed normie in college, currently applying for jobs
>>
>>38419635
Have a STEM bachelors and I'm making $14.50/hr
I hate this bullshit so much

>>38420270
>BA in political science with a minor in history.
That explains it
>>
>>38420513
>Have a STEM bachelors and I'm making $14.50/hr
how the FUCK
I'm working an internship this summer with a film degree (as a videographer) and I'm making that exact amount
>>
File: reversed.png (532KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
reversed.png
532KB, 351x500px
>>38419519
Did you remember the basics, Champ? Show up, speak with the managers or directors, shake all of their hands firmly, and tell them you want the job. It's as simple as that, Champ.
>>
>>38420584
Because I have a bachelors and high schools and unis lie their asses off about the job market. All the averages you see for any entry level shit is inflated by people who've worked for like 5+ years
>>
>>38420513
>That explains it

It's not a easy degree like women's studies or art.

You try reading through thousands of pages of political theory.
>>
>>38420747
>It's not a easy degree like women's studies or art.
It's just as useless
>>
>>38419519
>who here /jobsearch/?
me, m'lads
gonna have at least one interview next week, if all goes well i might get a 2.6k job (the taxman takes about one third of that though)

>any tips for interviewing?
I would like to give you hints, but I'm probably the least qualified person for that, as I suck at interviews myself. In fact, I am sure that most of my application refusals were due to my poor interview performance.
>>
>>38420513
What's ur degree?
>>
>>38419519
>went through 3 different phone interviews and 1 in person interview for a position
>got called for a 2nd in person interview
>position they're interviewing me for is different than from the 1st interview
I'm convinced they're just fucking with me at this point
>>
>be me
>just out of high school, never had a job before
>apply to one job
>get brought in for interview
>fabricate parts of my resume, have friends fake both of my references
>get the job

I start tomorrow. From all the posts I've seen in 4chan, I thought I'd be sending out hundreds of applications with no response from any of them. How are you guys fucking up so bad? Getting a job is easy.
>>
>>38421183
chemistry is the game i chose
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.