[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be wagecuck >customer starts getting mad his order's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: 1487451730897.png (190KB, 631x595px) Image search: [Google]
1487451730897.png
190KB, 631x595px
>be wagecuck
>customer starts getting mad his order's taking a while
>old bald dude wearing sunglasses and a raincoat even though it's sunny as fuck outside
>starts banging on the counter, yelling and swearing and stuff
>families eating are obviously scared
>try to be civil and politely tell him, "Please don't yell, just be patient and-"
>"Please don't yell! Fuck you!"
>reaches across the counter and tries to grab me
>dodge out of the way and try to get manager
>tell him a customer tried to assault me please call the police
>"Yeah, I heard. If I was talked backed to like that I would have done the same thing."
>starts going on a rant about how the customer's always right (literally using that fucking cliche) and I should never talk back to them
>says, "You're the only one of my employees who's completed college and you're the dumbest one here."
>that's the last straw
>scream "Fuck you, I quit! I can't stand being degraded like this. I'm not gonna be a fucking wagecuck anymore."
>manager laughs and says "a-a what?"
>realize that I literally said "wagecuck" out loud
>start tearing up and run out of the store

Please validate my actions and tell me I did the right thing, for the most part
>>
Boi this sucks
Fuck that manager and I hope you can find another place to work
>>
You stood up for yourself, OP. Congratulations.
>>
>>38412299
you did the right thing

siena juan
>>
>>38412299

Call your corporate HR and report your manager for calling you mentally deficient. Well see how long he lasts then.
>>
File: 1752110.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1752110.png
21KB, 400x400px
>>38412458

To what end though? Now I'm unemployed and mom's just gonna cry some more and dad's just gonna side with the manager. You think if I find another job by the end of the day that will let them forgive me? An A&W is hiring close by. Would I get the job if I just walk in without a resume and wearing jeans and a t-shirt?
>>
>>38412509

I'll go through the motions of doing a report when I get home, but I'm afraid nothing's gonna happen because it's the word of a rude back talking 20 year old employee v a responsible experienced manager
>>
>>38412524
>he expects to get a job without a resume and wihile wearing jeans and a tshirt

I mean, it's an a&w, so probably. You'd stand a better chance if you bring in a rexume and wear business casual.

You did right, though. I would have taken itvlike a cuck and drank after work.
>>
>>38412524
Look for a non fast food job, you're probably gonna run into similar situations with shitty customers and management. This is coming from experience, too. I worked a whopping 6 days at a sub restaurant because the manager was a condescending soccer mom-esque cunt and my coworkers were all stuck up highschooler normalfags (I'm 21 so working in a fast food environment was also embarrassing). Quitting that job was a good decision I think since now I'm working at a comfy, well-paid job with no social interaction.
>>
File: handshakedad.jpg (22KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
handshakedad.jpg
22KB, 612x408px
>>38412524
>t-shirt and jeans
Doesn't work that way, Champ. You've gotta dress your best and be there bright and early. Speak with the manager, give him a firm handshake, tell him you want the job, and hand him your resume.
>>
>>38412595
>>38412524
Even working something like overnights at a grocery store is better.

>no interaction with customers (or very little, if it's a 24 hour store)
>little interaction with employees (those who work overnights are usually chill af)
>you can get shit done in relative peace
>>
File: 1497936807768.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497936807768.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
>>38412299
Wish I did something like you, OP.
It sucks not having it, but fast food managers in general (and anyone who will supervise you, really) will try to do that when they realize you have more potential than they do.

>Taking shit from some asshurt customer at a fucking mcdonald's of all places
I would have walked out too. Had it happen to me plenty of times, I just got good at ignoring it.
>>
>>38412524
idk what everyone is saying about walking into a fucking fast food joint with business casual. literally what the fuck have any of you applied for a job before.....? i literally walked into the pst two burger joints and some restaurant i worked at previously with streetwear (joggers with t-shirt and sneakers) none of them needed a resume, just a physical or online application, got all jobs. so honestly yes you could walk in and just ask, are you hiring? and they should just tell you to fill out and application or some shit or tell you theyre not hiring seriously since when do you need a god damned resume for a fast food place
>>
>>38412299
What did you do at college anon?
>>
>>38412595
I'll keep that in mind, but every time I tried to look for jobs, I only got returns from fast food places. Everything else, including grocery stores, ignore me, even if I dress nicely and go there in person.

>>38413063
Fell for the STEM meme
>>
>>38413125

Didn't go to job faires or internships?
You need to network and work to get in somewhere.
>>
>>38412299
The dude manages a fucking Mcdonalds. Why does his opinion effect your life at all? LMAO high school drop out niggers manage Mcdonalds frnachizes
>>
File: 1478618471012.jpg (54KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1478618471012.jpg
54KB, 633x758px
>>38413216

Never got hired for any internships I applied to, and I went to one job fair but it turned out not to help. I have no friends so I can't get work through connections. I think I'm meant to do minimum wage work forever.

and everyone told me you just need good grades and everyone will want to hire you!
>>
>>38412524
My first job after school was working as a bar back then bartender and night clubs. It's actually the most based robot friendly job and pays a lot better than fast food and you barely have to talk to anyone. As a bar back you're literally just carrying boxes around and restocking the bars for min wage. If they get swamped or someone calls in sick last minute they'll put you on bar and if you do well you can start working bar. In nightclubs nobody talks to the bartender anyway just wait their turn to shout their drink at you and they usually tip a dollar or two per drink which really adds up over a long shift.
>>
>>38412299
nice uniquely original RP
>>
>>38413125
>>38413274
What's your degree specifically? If it's tech or math related I bet you could easily get a comfy entry level IT job.
>>
>>38413317

Bar back sounds fine, but being a bartender sounds like hell to me. I absolutely hate night clubs and bars because the music's too loud and the lights are annoying and I literally feel sick and have to leave.
>>
>>38413363

It's Applied Math. What comfy entry level IT jobs can I get?
>>
Given what you said.
He was just trying to make you feel like shit. You did the right thing. Asking customers not to be unruly is always the right thing to do. If he brought up you being a college graduate, it was for his own personal reasons. He was eventually going to single you out for something, and shit on you for it, no matter what it was or whether it was wrong or not. The man probably isn't happy about being a McDonalds manager, and wants to shit on you because you went to college and it irks him to see someone who accomplished something he maybe wanted to but didn't. Nobody grows up saying they want to be a burger coop manager. That's not a career aspiration. Just take it in stride. Also, anyone who agrees that you should simply let customers act like unruly retards in your business or place of work, without saying anything at all, is just a stupid ass.
>>
>>38413274

No friends? Ever? Online steam buddies?

One job faire. Why just one? Life is a bunch of failure until you succeed. The best real life super power is getting over rejection and moving on.

You'll look back at an interview and think why you didn't get it, what you could have done better, and you try to improve.

If you truly lack any friends or connection outside of family then maybe some type of group therapy is in line for you. Maybe you have issues communicating and socializing with others. That part is picked up in interviews since almost no job will you be solo completely.
>>
>>38413400

Where do you live? (Major city area) Look for hosting or data centers in the area and get started as entry level server monkey. A lit start you running cables and racking/building servers and connecting things.

That and eventually you move up into working cases to configure or install software or troubleshoot issues and so on. Sky is the limit and there are many paths to take.
>>
>>38413483
>No friends? Ever? Online steam buddies?

I've had literally one friend in my life in elementary school through high school, and we grew apart for reasons. No online friends either. I've tried, but nothing sticks.

I've never had problems during interviews. The jobs I don't get they just ignore me and I never get an interview in the first place. I'm good at playing normie for the 20 minutes or so an interview lasts. I don't think I have communication problems since I always seem to impress them there. It's when I have to do the job and deal with assholes everything is shit and I fall apart.

I'll try to go to other job fairs, but I have to admit I'm not full of hope because this job is another couple months I can't add to job experience, so the unemployment gap is just getting bigger.
>>
>>38412299
Should have reached for the frying oil. Old people are terrified of that shit.
>>
>>38413531

Okay I'll try to look for jobs doing that, but can I really get it with Applied math? I did only some coding making math programs, and I was terrible at that and hated it. I'm not a tech guy in any way. I don't know what's in my computer. Would this be one of those "learn on the job things" if I do get it?
>>
File: kill.png (85KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
kill.png
85KB, 396x385px
>>38412299
Unbelievable. What a fucking retard. I would have knocked that old faggot out and told the cunt manager to clean it up.

Manager realizes he's in a dead end job with no hope, he probably enjoys antagonizing employees to try to break their spirit. Hope he dies. Good job OP.
>>
>>38412299
I can barely type wagecuck without feeling like an idiot so I can't imagine how you said it out loud, but other than that there's nothing embarrassing about this and you're totally in the right here anon.
Most managers in food service aren't like that in my experience, he seems like one of the few who take his job way too seriously because he's got nothing else in his life to get up in the morning for. As soon as a customer yells or curses you should be allowed to hang up or walk away.
Just try again and eventually you'll find a decent manager, the good ones know that's how you keep employees around. A guy I used to work for straight up told this bitch if she wasn't going to respect his employees she could leave and not come back. Even though he really could have gotten in trouble with his superiors for that the whole staff was loyal to him.
>>
>>38413654

Dude. What makes you think you can't do it? What is the worst that could happen? You try and fail? Don't you already feel like a failure? Stop being a faggot and have some fucking balls.

A guy a buddy works with that is probably in the 60-80K range was a fucking cook/chef with a culinary degree before he did IT.

The field realm changes all the time. New tech and software and ways to do things. Degrees are meaningless. You just have to be capable and able to learn.

Just work your ass off and try try try. No more of this weak woe is me sad cunt shit.
>>
>>38413846
>What makes you think you can't do it?

Because I have 0 knowledge of it so they probably wouldn't hire me in the first place? What's with the attitude? I was just asking what my degree had to do with the job.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>38412299
This OP is destined for a superior life.
>>
Fact: fast food managers hate employees who are in college or went to college because you have more of a future than they do.
>>
>>38412299
I would contact HR. You likely have witnesses, and while your response to your manager was poor, there are a number of issues with that work environment, namely: 1) The manager tolerates aggressive customers, regardless of their impact on his staff, and 2) the manager tolerates violence against his employees. On number 2, even if you called the customer an asshole, the manager should NEVER condone violence in his store.

In case you have to use this place as a reference, having that all on file may be helpful for finding a new job.
>>
>>38413400
lol I'm in the same situation dude, except I got a physics major
>>
File: 148927519242.gif (824KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
148927519242.gif
824KB, 785x757px
>>38412299
K E K
WAGESLAVES!
BLOWN. THE. FUCK. OUT.
>>
I have to give you props OP for even being able to work a fast food job. I work in a mostly secluded spot in a factory where I can go most of the day without even opening my mouth. The last two days they had me work with everyone else since some people called off and I was close to strangling some of them. Why the fuck do people have to talk so damn much all day?

Anyways, I got my job through a temp agency who took me in when I had no prior work experience, education past HS, references, skills, etc. and the factory is normally a pretty chill place and I make slightly more than minimum wage. Maybe you could get a job quickly through one of those places while looking for something more permanent.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.