[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always wondered how it feel to have a talent. To be

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: g.jpg (144KB, 947x533px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
144KB, 947x533px
I've always wondered how it feel to have a talent. To be proficient at something since birth without hard work is something I'm was never capable of. Does anyone on /r9k/ have a talent? If so, how did you discover your talent? If not, how do you deal with being a mediocre and talentless person?
>>
>>38406860
It's nothing specific or cool like playing piano, but I have a general talent for languages and reading. I could read books aloud when I was like 2, I was told I had the reading ability of a college undergrad in 2nd grade, and in general I read really quickly and really well.

I also have this thing where I see words when people talk, like closed captions, and that makes me very good at spelling, so I was in a bunch of spelling bees when I was a kid and actually made it onto TV a few times. I can also sight-read in multiple languages, including two dead ones.

It feels pretty neat.
>>
I think I can draw at least on a decent level, when I was little people often said that I have a talent. Anyway I'm super insecure about showing my pictures to anyone now, because I don't belibe in myself... I feel likeI'm wasting my talent somehow.
>>
File: 7777777.png (777KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
7777777.png
777KB, 777x777px
unironically, luck is the only thing I've ever had

I let fate carry me wherever and things always seem to work out decently enough in the end, even if I didn't put in much hard work. I also win most of the time in anything luck based. still I wish I knew how to work hard towards something, because the only people who really ascend high are the ones who work hard while having talent. having only one can make you successful though.
>>
File: 1498374184574.png (216KB, 307x597px) Image search: [Google]
1498374184574.png
216KB, 307x597px
>>38406860
ive always been very talented when it comes to mathmatics. i was always 3 years or more ahead of my peers in school and was really confused when i was always the first one done with everything, and had the highest scores. i still get really bothered when people cant do simple algebra in their head without pen and paper, but ive learned its unfair to expect people to keep up with me on the subject.now if only i could afford college so i could learn something higher than highschool level math
>>
>>38406860
I used to think I was intelligent (a more general kind of talent) because I got pretty good grades in school. It tortured me whenever I wasn't good at something but as the years passed I realized that I was sorely mistaken. Nowadays I care much less about it since if I wasn't willing to put more into a skill it can't be helped anyway as time is limited for everyone. Now that I'm a failure, it means that I have low expectations such that being proficient at something would be a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>38406860
>without hard work
Every "talent" requires hard work
I'm pretty good at music, I've made a few hundred bucks from it
But I've had to practice a lot.
You can do it too OP. Yeah it would have been easier if you'd started when you were a kid but it's really never too late.
>>
File: iceskimo.png (50KB, 231x252px) Image search: [Google]
iceskimo.png
50KB, 231x252px
>>38406860
Does charm count as a talent?
Throughout my whole life I have usually been able to get away with the most stupid of shit because of the way I talk and hold myself. I personally think this skill is OP since it opens me up to a lot of opportunities if I am able to get myself comfortable enough to use it. It is mostly because of my diction, abundance of empathy, and genuine want to help people, but since my way of talking is also reflected in the way I write, I usually get low grades on written papers. It's a double edged sword.
I was also often the funniest kid that most kids knew and that has carried on to my current self. But that is only when I am not trying to be funny, so it can't be used for a kind of profession.
I didn't have to work or try to achieve any of the above, so I think it could be a talent.

If charm doesn't count as a talent then I got nothing, unless being slightly ok at videogames counts.
I have become above average at cooking in the last 2 years though, so I feel like I would make a good bf for a hungry girl.
>>
>>38407839
chad get out you dumb stacy fucking nigger
>>
i can wiggle my ears
>>
File: pho.png (67KB, 936x866px) Image search: [Google]
pho.png
67KB, 936x866px
>>38407876
anxiety goes a long way anon

i may have charm, but thats only when im not extremely anxious
>>
I can sleep for upwards of 16 hours a day
>>
>>38407905
bluh bluh bluh what a tragic hero if only you wern't such a tryhard at suffering.
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 428x118px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 428x118px
>>38407608
How are you a failure, anon?
If you did well in school; it means you may well have the capacity to complete a degree.
Those with degrees but no friends/social lives aren't as much of failures as people who are failures but don't have a degree.
>>
>>38406860
>without hard work
Hmm...
>>
>>38406860
Better than having a talent and wasting it.
>>
File: waiting.gif (2MB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
waiting.gif
2MB, 540x501px
>>38408346
This.
I'm glad I don't have any talents otherwise I would feel way worse that I am wasting my potential. Being good at something must be a curse. You either become the best but everyone puts pressure on you expecting you to be perform perfectly or you work hard to realize that all that work was for nothing because someone is still better than you at something. That's why having no talents or potential is the best. You don't have any pressure to succeed, you are just an empty sheet, tabula rasa, and all you need to care about is yourself and enjoy your own journey learning or participating in whatever you want.
>>
>>38406860
Honestly it's all about hard work. I got silver medal in international mathematical olympiad and everyone thought I'm a genius. Nope. I just study all day.
>>
>>38408109
Having a degree hardly matters when I haven't made any friends during my time at uni. It's connections that are important later on in life, or at least that's what it seems and is said by many.
>>
>>38408340
Very true. Knew a couple of guys that were way more talented than me at music but, I spent so much time on it that initial skill level didn't matter.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.