[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People seem to think things when to shit after 9/11 but I think

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (28KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 250x187px
People seem to think things when to shit after 9/11 but I think things from 2001-2006 were still fantastic. It was 2007 withthe iPhone, Big bang theory, Recession, social media, etc. where things truly went downhill
>>
I remember when nobody could define what the 2000s were 10 years ago. Now you can easily distinguish from the 2010s.
>>
File: 1179847291218.gif (46KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1179847291218.gif
46KB, 200x200px
>>38403377
30 year old reporting in
everything has been shit since 2000
you have no idea how good things used to be
2000s is shit
2010 is fucking immense shit
2017 life is a literal forced shitty meme and I want off this timeline
>>
I feel there was another shift in 2011 but I can't put my finger on what actually caused it.
>>
>>38403562
everything was always shit, just different ones
>>38403377
early 2000s are like shit 90s (and 90s were fucking horrid!)
and by 2007 nothing changed
>iPhone
no one really used them more than a regular phone until like 2010
>Big Bang theory
not a causation but the aftermath
>recession
some burger thing
>social media
effectively since 1999
>>
File: Ptbw9yH.jpg (47KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
Ptbw9yH.jpg
47KB, 800x522px
>>38403377
>adult swim
>tfw watching 6teen and clone high as a kid before going to bed and thinking teens years and adult life would be fun and awesome
>tfw life is actually shit
>>
>>38403828
At least we have shitty autism memes and trap threads, right anon? Right?
>>
>>38403562
I liked 2010, I turned 18 then.
>>
It started getting bad in the mid 90s. Culturally, politically, demographically, (IMMIGRATION!) and when technology exploded (computing power, internet! DVDs and the ability to copy them, MP3s and downloadable media) we became a "changed" society.

9/11 gave "them" the drive to fully put the shackles on us, and instead of doing the RIGHT thing--pausing/ending immigration putting the smack down on islam--"they" used this opportunity to control US.

Texting blew up a year or two later, media became easier to watch online and copy and download, devaluing all forms of entertainment to the point where it was viewed by many--whether they knew it or not--a "right" like food and water.

The culture got worse with reality TV and social media, a one-two mortal wounding of a society,

Then, in 0dunga's second term, he landed the final fatal blow, or injected the final, fatal virus into the body politic--"dreamers" and "refugees"
>>
File: 1600s.jpg (122KB, 540x668px) Image search: [Google]
1600s.jpg
122KB, 540x668px
Everyone just thinks things "went to shit" at the exact same time that they grew up.

Here's the reality: Shit always sucked, you were just a dumb kid who didnt understand that shit sucked because you were more concerned with rocket power re-runs

People have always had the same problems. It just manifests in different forms. Everyone bitches about phones now but 20 years ago it was walkmen. Hell in the old ass days people bitched about how everyone had books and were all dumb. Your childhood wasn't special.
>>
File: tumblr_nxkih4cbRo1qbl0k8o1_500.png (289KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxkih4cbRo1qbl0k8o1_500.png
289KB, 500x304px
>>38404652
here's more proof too
>>
>>38404661
Good points anon. Who's the one old roman guy who was complaining about the new generation not caring for the old and being wild?

Also
>books
>dumb
>>
>>38404772
>>books
>>dumb
Nah, people really did think that.
Many people, like scientist Conrad Gessner thought the printing press was bad, for pretty much the same reasons people bitch about smartphones now. They thought it'd make people dumb.

Hell, even Socrates was against writing. He thought it'd "create forgetfulness" and that kids wouldn't be able to tell fiction from reality. Just like how people bitch about video games now.
>>
File: 1498178707352.gif (427KB, 978x478px) Image search: [Google]
1498178707352.gif
427KB, 978x478px
>>38403602
>Part Rockin in the HOUUUSE TONIGHT
originally
>>
>>38404845
Oh right, thank god for Plato. Also the one image with the book and cards irks me because it reminds me of this scene, https://youtube.com/watch?v=FL9bylhDkcc
And I used to play a lot of cards. Don't know if I should feel bad or if it's just a pretentious point in a movie. Maybe I'm spooked. Then again, you don't meet up with people to,read
>>
>>38405134
It's "party roock is in the house"

you're not a real party rocker, anon
>>
>>38405301
>tfw mom sung that "I work out" song when she saw you doing pushups
>>
Old America died with 9/11, but yes things went to extra shit starting with 2007 for the things you mentioned, among others. Even Cartoon Network went to shit around 2007.
>>
>>38403377
>SEGA Dreamcast
>spongebob

Both 90's things
2000's thread

For future reference maybe only put 2000's things in a 2000's collage
>>
>>38405370
also forgot ppg and toonami
>>
>>38404504

Hey fuck you, buddy. I'm one of those "dreamers" kids and you do not get DACA until you prove you're a good person. And believe me from experience, there's alot of pre-requisites to get approved. So dont pile us with refugees from the middle east.

You sound like an old man. Hope you die soon you hateful fuck.
>>
>>38405411
>calls someone hateful
>then tells them to die
did they put too many jalapenos in your burrito, my dreaming mexican hothead?
>>
>you'll never go back to primary school and trade with the mobs of people with Pokemon cards who would gather under the walkway or play gang up chasey all over the school
>>
>>38405411
He's obviously a retard why did you reply? You're just wasting your time. You can fix a pipe but you can't fix stupid
>>
>>38405501

People like him dont usually change. The world is better without people with that kind of mentality.

>>38405665

True. I just got bothered being put in the same category as refugees. DACA people need to prove they go to school and have no criminal record, refugees just get gibs me dats from the government.
>>
>>38405756
Don't get triggered so easily. It's not like anyone else was gonna respond to the /pol/tard anyway. I'd say you've got better things to do but we're on 4chan.
>>
>>38405756
I mean he is stupid but you seem a bit hypocritical no? You have to tolerate the intolerant, otherwise you're just intolerant yourself
>>
>>38405822

I could go to sleep, which is what I will do now.

>>38405844

Hard to be tolerant of these idiots spewing ignorant bullshit left and right.

But I will stop now, I dont want to hijack this thread since I actually agree with OP that things have been turning to crap for a good decade now.
>>
>>38403377
Yep. The iphone and social media destroyed people, socially speaking.
At school if people weren't on their phones they were talking about social media and how many likes they got or whatever. It was sickening.

>t. grew up in the generation of smartphone and facebook zombies
>>
>>38405391
Toonami has great taste in music. Some great stuff in their bumps
>>
>>38405411

I'm really glad Trump is axing DACA.

There's too many mystery meat people in this damned country already. We dont need you driving down wages and driving up rents.

Sorry, this lifeboat is full and it wasn't meant for you any way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQMzJ5Z7zBw
>>
facebook adding the "share" button is what made normies embrace memes once and for all

before that it was considered tabboo to post memes and absolutely random crap on fb

fuck it all
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>38403377
There have been many years when things went to shit, including
>circa 1990
>2001
>circa 2007
>2011
>2016

Also, if you lived in a more internet-savvy country, you had social media way before 2007. In addition, the recession didn't hit my country until early 2009 or so.
>>
>>38406545
>fucking Myspace era
>actually using forums

Things were strange.
>>
>>38406227
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z_iBOEDb7PM
>>
>>38406249
It's weird that Normie have their own set of memes now like opening a cold one with the boys and ahit like that
>>
2012 is where shit hit the fan. Nothing felt the same after it. The good died off, the bad got worse, life got harder in general for everyone.
The world may not have ended, but it's definitely going to hell.
>>
>>38403622
no it wasnt. the internet was fucking glorious before everyone else came and fucked it all up with bitching, faggotry, stealing instead of content creation, MUH COPYRIGHT, and corporate greed
>>
>>38404504
The dewhiteification of the US actually started far earlier in the early 50s. I'd say the 80s was really the last point to save it but Reagan legalized 3million beaners instead and then later on Clinton passed NAFTA which sent millions and millions more over.
>>
>>38406806
yeah before late/mid 90s
I'd agree it was cool
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.