[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you guys sing or have any musical talents? If so, have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: 69f.jpg (14KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
69f.jpg
14KB, 354x286px
Do any of you guys sing or have any musical talents? If so, have you ever used it to gain the interest of others?
>>
File: 0 (2).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0 (2).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Yes, it's very easy to become popular in chatrooms once you say and show you can music.
>>
File: 1437869668244.jpg (19KB, 228x227px) Image search: [Google]
1437869668244.jpg
19KB, 228x227px
What about irl though? Is there any way to display or reference it without seeming self absorbed or conceited?
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
I have no idea man. I don't really mention it to anyone irl.
People automatically assume that you're a childish dreamer of some sorts thats absolutely worthless.
Either that, or they give you a guitar and you have to strum random powerchords for your life because they expect you to be able to play.

The only way I can expect to get interest from doing music in public is either busking, or doing venues of some sorts.
>>
>>38401246
I want to learn to play the piano. Are there any good book guides out there? Really don't want to learn from a person. I already understand the basics of musical notation from my band days
>>
>>38401264
I like listening to saw tooth waves too.
>>
Yeah, I am really good at music theory/composing/arranging. People took interest in me cause I was that "quiet kid" who would always be working on something. They' were nice to me, so it was okay. I felt like shit after though cause it made me realize people only wanted to be around me cause I was good at something, not because they enjoyed my company. That's why I tend to keep to myself.
>>
>>38401246
>>38401264
>>38401601
samefag go die no one cares about your self perceived "talent"
>>
this one time i sang a in an areplane neutral milk hotel song to a girl and then we totally had sex
good thing i sang good and not weird like the actual song or the song about semen staining the mountain tops
i totally gfed her for at least 5 months before she broke up with me too

but yea girls are really easy to impress with little amounts of talent
just make sure your not standing next to anyone with actual dedication/practice
>>
File: 20170715_235323.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170715_235323.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>38401648
My old piano teacher gave me this book back when I was at least semi serious about piano as a kid. I don't know if it's actually good or not, especially for someone who already knows the notation but I remember finding it helpful.
>>
ive made a lot of beats but stopped and now im shit

will post some if you want
>>
File: quakescope.jpg (77KB, 835x349px) Image search: [Google]
quakescope.jpg
77KB, 835x349px
>>38401684
I like how oscilloscopes look.

>>38401740
>avatar fagging
>calling out as samefag xd

Gosh, good thing you pointed it out, otherwise no one would've guessed.
>>
>>38401850
wtf how do you make pictures n an oscilloscope i thought they just showed the waveform

lol wht does that sound like
>>
>>38401850
I need to get some new probes for my DS1052E, the included ones have gone a bit intermittent.
>>
>>38401848
Go ahead. What type of beats are these?
>>
>>38401246
I make trap beats and I have a Twitter full of 300 useless followers and a YouTube page. Since I started again the most views I got so far is 240 but my old channel had 1200 on a video and someone asking to buy and someone else asking to use my music.

I also have an Instagram associated with it I don't use. I've gotten better yet my videos get less views maybe my hearts not in it anymore I don't know.

I usually scare girls away with trap beats and no one really knows what trap sounds like without a scary black guy yelling about killing and court dates. So it's more of something I do for myself
>>
>>38401891
These are random pics from google images. But you can draw pictures in an oscilloscope by using a left and right channel and combining them to create figures.
Video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtR63-ecUNo
>>
>>38401648
Don't read books

Go to fl studio now

Piano roll>drop down>chords>major or minor

Now pick a note you want any note. Push shift n to turn the chords off mute the channel add ghost notes. Start over a new channel and make random patterns using those notes only.

It's easier than books trust me.
>>
>>38401910
https://clyp.it/t5lrls4v?token=b7bc6167e1392b4fde5ae110ed6b2229

https://clyp.it/bgu1ffqv?token=9bd08992bcdb83f93ee35ff1f9ddd977

just stuff like this really, pretty easy to do but i just quit making any

got any of yours youd show, id like to hear
>>
I played drums at a house party once. I was told there was a girl asking about me the next day. I never got to meet her though.
>>
>>38401974
>skip all the information that teaches you a solid foundation and just stay with the barebones of theory
>>38401648 is way better off grabbing a random "music theory for beginners" book from the library or looking up youtube theory lessons than listen to your shitty advice.
>>
>>38402008
When you make beats like that yea it is
>>
>>38402059
Metro Boomin net worth: Metro Boomin is an American record producer and songwriter who has a net worth of $6 million. Metro Boomin was born in St. Louis, Missouri in September 1993.
>>
File: 1483044059760.png (73KB, 421x248px) Image search: [Google]
1483044059760.png
73KB, 421x248px
I can play piano to a degree

I played for years when I was younger, and I got re-interested in it when I got older. I tried following lessons for a little while but I don't have the patience to play such boring stuff. My hands know how to play piano still, so basically I chose a piece I liked and found sheet music and just started learning it. I'm almost done, but the ending is kinda hard rhythmically. I honestly am really shit at sight reading though, I just look at the music measure by measure and figure out where my hands should go. I'm hoping I'll get better.

I haven't played the piece for anyone yet, closest I've got was a girl I know (also learning piano) looking at the sheet music and being impressed. I really wanted her to ask to hear it, but she didn't.

So yeah right now I can only play most of one piece of music. Hoping I can build my repertoire soon.
>>
>>38402074
; ) you know whats up

got any of yours i could hear
>>
>>38402008
These are cool anon.

I never made beats or anything cool that I could casually show people. I mostly sing and used to do a lot of musicals back in high school and the beginning of college but I never made my own stuff.
>>
>>38402106
https://clyp.it/3kfkvydt
>>
>>38401246
I can actually decently sing, and usually practice alone watching videos, but i do choir too. I also have a guitar, but too lazy to practice desu.
>>
I've played drums for 9 years, mallet percussion for 3, and slowly learning piano but don't put too much time into it, so I've barely improved and can only play small things I've learned.
>>
I made this https://instaud.io/155Q
>>
I play trombone. Don't show off but I used to when I tried to act like a faggot my freshman year. Man I became so fucking hated in my section during marching band lol
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.