[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Successful robots: When did you grow pair? What made you change

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1498661855326.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498661855326.png
1MB, 1280x800px
Successful robots:

When did you grow pair? What made you change and go after what you wanted?
>>
>>38399170
I did a lot of psychedelic drugs and ended up randomly gaining the ability to think abstractly enough to figure out how to get into programming, something that I'd tried earlier when I was still in high school and didn't get anywhere with at the time.
>>
File: 1498103671042.jpg (63KB, 644x652px) Image search: [Google]
1498103671042.jpg
63KB, 644x652px
>>38399170
I just said I wasn't gonna live this way anymore; got a college education, got a job making six figures which goes to the bills then myself seeing as I live alone, and also started going to the gym. You are in control of what you want to be, firmly grasp it
>>
>>38399170
Clawed my dying mind out of the pit of despair and existential terror, and discovered methods of manipulating and controlling my own emotions more effectively. I'm now the calmest, most patient person in my family. Now I'm at the least well on the path to success, at least, what I consider it to be.
>>
>>38399207
>and ended up randomly gaining the ability to think abstractly enough to figure out how to get into programming
oh so this is what happens. people's brains go through normal maturation coincidentally at the same time they do drugs so they mistake the drugs as the cause.
>>
I wish I hadn't ruined my life.
>>
>americunt has a shitty life
>just go to college and make 6 figures bro
>anyone can do it

>I have a shitty life
>....
>no education or opportunity
>die
>>
I'm already 21 and haven't even begun to try and make things better. But I want it badly
>>
How fucked are you?
>>
>>38399336
>Now I'm at the least well on the path to success, at least, what I consider it to be.
what would that be?
>>
bought some benzos and had a brief insight into what life for real people was like.

When they stopped being effective (almost immediately) i got on ssri's and slowly pulled myself out of the shit
>>
>>38400076
Graduated in an engineering major, heading down to a grad school in the fall. Field is expanding and isn't saturated by H1-B folks, so I've got a lot of options. Grad school is important because shit's on the cutting edge and is science-heavy.
>>
>>38400145
>had a brief insight into what life for real people was like
Did something happen or did you simply realize that you are an anxious person to the point of impairment?
>>
>>38399170
I was a drug addict but my ambition eventually overwhelmed my hedonism. I realized I'd never get rich if I kept popping pain pills and snorting ketamine.

I've been sober for quite a few years now and will be going to medical school soon. I think most robots face a similar dilemma. What is more important? Comfort or growth? Most true robots prefer the former. Those who leave robotdom chose the latter, I believe it can be boiled down that simply.
>>
itt roleplaying as normies
>>
>>38400716
>Those who leave robotdom chose the latter, I believe it can be boiled down that simply.

And how do you do this when you've lived a safe life for years? People can't sense you don't have guts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.