[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize that "social anxiety" is nothing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: checkem.png (709KB, 759x754px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.png
709KB, 759x754px
>tfw you realize that "social anxiety" is nothing but a pathetic mixture of insecurity and copious amounts of narcissism
>tfw you realize that "just bee urself" is unironically great advice
>tfw you realize that everything, in fact, is your fault

When did you grow up, robots?
>>
>>38392697
I know its all my fault but it's not like I can just 'be myself'. Because it wouldnt be myself, it would be me minus all the negative traits. You may as well say 'Just have no problems'.
>>
>>38393677
>Just have no problems
It would be conceivable if you would man up enough to work on fixing your problems

But you'll never do that because it's easier to wallow in misery
>>
>>38392697
You're so fucking pathetic, it's unreal.
>>
>>38392697
>>tfw you realize that everything, in fact, is your fault

Probably when i was 16.(19 now)
Still blame everyone else for it because I cannot be bothered wasting my time on women.
>>
>>38392697
>basically yes
>only when "yourself" is someone who realizes this
>well, no, some of it is and some of it isn't. control what you CAN and learn to deal with what you can't.
>>
>>38392697
> go to party
>be self
>autistically talk about movies and history
>shit on anime call it artistic degenerate nonsense
>overly critical of everyone and tell them their ideas are stupid and insignificant
>walk back to dorm alone, drunk and chuckling to self about how buttblasted half the people i talked to got

kek I will never be able to socialize properly gents but at least I can work on my bantz so I can maximize my lulz
>>
>>38393784
do you unironically use "artistic" as an insult?
>>
>>38393805
what? no. what are you even on about boyo?
>>
>>38393859
>shit on anime call it artistic degenerate nonsense

did you mean autistic?
>>
>>38392697
kinda true but tis still really hard
>>
>>38392697
I just recently found out that "social anxiety" is actually just narcissistic bullshit like worrying about what everyone thinks about you. I dunno what I have, but it's not that. I just fucking hate being around people.
>>
File: 1469759656122.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1469759656122.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
The thing is that all the things wrong with me are not imagined. I could and can put on a confident front but deep down I know I'm largely subpar objectively. I know I look and talk goofy, so I prefer not to bother people and incur some kind of unspoken ridicule or wrath. I hate embarrassment. But at this point it's as innate as my personality, much more an instinct than anything rational or freely willed.
>>
>>38393890
oh no I mean like all anime is either le wacky teapot house or giant totoro bunny

or overly graphic tarantino style gore like ghost in a shell, sorry forgot I said that.
>>
>>38393677
no you idiot, the "negative traits" are things you improve or compensate for by being yourself. if you were to stop being yourself and pretend to be someone else, you are only masking those negative traits and i can promise you that you are a shitty actor if you're on here and not in a movie studio somewhere.
>>
>>38392697
I'll consider myself grown up when I have enough money to retire. I'm insecure about my finances and therefore my future. I also really can't be assed to care about people I'll cut contact with in half a decade. For some reason, I don't blame other people for their problems.
>>
>>38392697
>no, anxiety is a chronic mental disorder that is proven to exist by countless scientific papers, it's like saying that catching a cold is pathetic
>only when "yourself" is someone that people like to be around
>wrong, some people have an astronomical amount of limitations, given by genetics and the environment they're in.
People like to believe that the reason their lives are the way they are is because of their "hard work and dedication" and not because they simply happened to be at the right place at the right time. The idea that they have no control over their lives is very disturbing to them. (see also: survival bias)
(just in case you're not trolling)
>>
>>38392697
i don't know what "myself" is anymore.
>>
>>38394352
Well said

Life is mostly about luck...
>>
>>38394352
right place and time only happens if you work hard and are dedicated. survivorship bias is for discussing outliers, we're talking about the basics of growing up and functions that literally every healthy, normal human is capable of. anxiety is normal. being sad and lonely is normal. not wanting to take on the responsibilities of adulthood is normal.
>>
if you put your hand over a flame do you think, "i am so weak being burned by this flame ill just leave my hand here until it is destroyed"
or do you think something like, "THAT FUCKING HURTS I'M NEVER GOING TO DO THIS AGAIN"

strive for positive thinking and reinforcement from your actions
avoid self-deprecation and use your insecurities as a motivation to improve yourself

get your hand out of the fucking flame you stupid shit
>>
>>38394728
>"if that homeless man had my initiative and dedication he'd already have inherited his dad's business, just like I did"
>>
>>38394914
>nameless homeless dude with no context is my argument

i'm sure a lot of people's lives would be worse if they didn't work or study toward a career, yes.
>>
>>38394967
That's the point.
Many people don't have the chance to study or work at all and they will never have.
Example: nameless poor dude born in random third world country will never have the same chances to succes compared to a nameless rich dude born in a rich family in a first world country.
>>
>>38395174
>that's the point
>proceeds to write a word salad completely irrelevant to the point

i was born in a random third world country and live perfectly fine in a first world country now. my dads first wife had her head chopped off for running her mouth, for context.

again, we're not talking about becoming some rich entrepreneur. are you even paying attention? your lifestyle is 100% in your hands. the output of your hard work might not be consistent with the output of someone else's, but you aren't special with regards to the ability to learn and grow and adapt.
>>
>>38394795
>>38394352
you seem to be mistaking success with god-given advantages, or whatever your want to call it
just because you lack an advantage does not mean you have no chance to succeed
the only time you have no chance to succeed is if you make no attempt to succeed
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.