[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >18 >want to be a writer >parents nag me to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: rohan.jpg (47KB, 498x597px) Image search: [Google]
rohan.jpg
47KB, 498x597px
>be me
>18
>want to be a writer
>parents nag me to type ideas on my computer
>don't want to because i'm afraid that i'll look like some tumblr faggot

How can i write ideas and stories as an 18 yo and not look like some naruto fanfiction writer?
>>
>>38391774
Jesus you are naive. Writing doesnt make you change form into a different person. Being so sensitive as to how others see you is a real fucking negative trait, and I guarantee that it will make your writing feel disingenuous if you try to appeal to everyone.
Why dont you try getting your writing to a level you are happy with instead of focusing on what not to write like? One of the reasons people on tumblr are hated is because of their lack of originality and their tend to conform to a specific identity. Try to just be yourself and write. Right now your writing is probably worse than those "tumblr faggots" anyways.
Read some good books for inspiration and try some poetry and (maybe) rap for some flow and rhythm.
>>
>>38391774
You already look like a Tumblr fag, Rohan Kishibe
>>
>>38391774
>be me
>18
>want to be manga artist
>cant draw for the life of me
>WHITE guy, born and live in ENGLAND
>sixth form drop out
>mummy is fine with me being NEET tho

At least my mum is fine with harboring a failure.
>>
I got a short story published in a literary journal at 19, lad. Insecurity and self-deprecation are a big part of writing but you need to use them to improve your work, not to detract from it, and certainly not to prevent it from even happening in the first place. When are you going to be "old enough" to get started? In your twenties? "Oh, I'm just a college kid, I'd be a cliche!" In your thirties? "Oh, I'm only thirty-two, I don't have enough life experience yet to write a story!" Stop thinking this way.
>>
>>38391774
Writing is a skill like playing the violin or surfing. You need to practice before you get good. So naturally you need to put in a lot of hours of practice before getting any good. It's pretty much inevitable that your early work will be crap, but you need to power through. Also, you need to read a lot of good authors to get an idea of what good writing looks like. Also you need to find a good writer who can critique your work.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.