[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be in high school >straight A's, All AP classes,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1493656238029.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1493656238029.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
>be in high school
>straight A's, All AP classes, near perfect SAT score
>got rejected from all ivy leagues, settle for top 30 school in my state
>depressed as fuck, 2.7 GPA, no motivation to try at all

Was anyone else rejected from their first pick schools? I have never felt the same since it happened.
>>
Ivy's are overrated as fuck. I talked to a Yale professor a while back and he said 99.9% of the students are either Einsteins from bumfuck Egypt or Rich athletic fuckboys. You go to a school that has things you like and has programs you want to be in, not a school that has nothing but "prestige". I applied to places I liked and had really good programs and got into all of them (goal/safety schools; I didn't pick bottom barrel schools). Also extra curriculars (inside and outside of school) have a ton of merit as well (only having straight A's in all APs doesn't mean dogshit now).
>>
>>38375100
Yeah, I got rejected from every school I applied to but the shitty engineering school nearby (I'm not even an engineer).

I just have tried not the think about it, I've got to keep my GPA high enough to get into grad school, but it still gets me down when I think about it.
>>
>>38375100

Also remember you can always transfer schools so if you don't like the school you are in there's always that option.
>>
>>38375100
Go for an average university, get a full ride scholarship or at least something good.

Employers care about experience, especially once you build a career.
>>
>>38375100
>mediocre everything in a school of overachievers
>full ride to shitty state school
>straight A's, go on to ivy league grad school
But you fucked up when you won a garbage GPA like that
>>
>>38375100
>no mention of extracurriculars
lol that's where you lost
I didn't apply to any ivies because I didn't have ivy grades... I turned out just fine at uc san diego
>>
>>38376447
Ayy, UCSD is all about that. I'm at Warren College. This year was pretty sweet
>>
>>38375100
That's what you get for being a white male. Remember white males don't have their own country or own government for their people's interest like Japan, Africa or China does. You have to share your country's wealth, education and everything your ancestors worked for with foreigners. But remember that black slaves picking cotton in the rural south made America the richest country in the world and not the industrial age or northerners because the south was more advanced and rich.
>>
>>38376585
It's economics baby!
>>
Why would you want to do poorly at an Ivy school when you could excel at an average school?
>>
>>38375100

rejected from the ivies I applied to, Duke, Georgetown, etc.

Currently entering senior year at a good state school, 3.98 gpa.

If anything getting rejected from pretty much everywhere motivated me more. Gonna make them all accept me when I apply for grad.
>>
>>38376721
Prestige matters
"I graduated from Yale" holds more weight than "I was honor roll at Eastern Ohio University"
>>
>tfw all the retarded normies that had no fucking clue what they wanted to do with their lives all went to top colleges
>I knew what I wanted to do
>couldn't afford anything but the cheapest
I mean it's still something but it still pisses me off that people that never gave a shit get to go to all the prestigious schools.
>>
File: 1420827292895.jpg (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1420827292895.jpg
61KB, 300x300px
>>38375100

Similar thing happened to me (UK fag). Over here, it's all about Oxford/Cambridge, but I was rejected.

I settled for second best, but I guess there has always been a chip on my shoulder about it. I have to live with it for the rest of my life, whilst people from my school live their charmed lives.

The only thing I have ever been good at is academics. And that wasn't good enough. And everyone around me knows it, knows how much I screwed up. I think they enjoy it secretly, an open wound they can attack any time they wish.
>>
>>38376797
True, but that only really matters depending on what kind of profession you're going for.
>>
>boohoo i only got into the 2nd best school!

Fuck off normalfags, this is a NEETboard. Go to >>>/soc/ or something.
>>
>>38375100
Welcome to Affirmative Action, friendo.

Ivys are leftist cancer anyway. You're better off where you're at now or at a state college.
>>
File: Homer.jpg (40KB, 651x474px) Image search: [Google]
Homer.jpg
40KB, 651x474px
>got into a top school
>didn't get any aid
>went anyway because I thought community college was for losers who didn't take high school seriously
>fast forward 5 years
>35k in debt with a poli sci degree
hahahahahahahahahahahaha what a fucktard i am
>>
>>38375100
you're probably a cisgender white male
in today's market you need to be a minority or chop your dick off to stand out
>>
>>38377011
Or you have to be as diligent as your Asian neighbors, have you seen the UC system?
>>
>>38375100
>Nearly perfect academic and extracurricular record as a high schooler
>Got affirmative-action'd out of every Ivy I applied to except Dartmouth
>Currently 3.96 cumulative entering junior year at a top-15 university that I applied to as a safety school
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.