[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get prescribed antidepressant >experience nearly all of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>get prescribed antidepressant
>experience nearly all of the side effects

Every time, thank you "doctor" for making me more depressed
>>
What are you taking? For most antidepressants it takes some time for plasma levels to rise and take hold, at the start its mostly side effects
Ive had some good expiriences with mirtazapine, side effects included really fucked up dreams and good feels
>>
>>38367637
>mirtazapine
this

>>38367524
get on mirtazapine OP. it's not an SSRI but an NaSSA antidepressant so theres way less side effects compared to SSRI's. I was taking 45mg without any sides
>>
>>38367524
I started Fluoxetine a week ago now. The first few days were terrible
>Dry mouth
>Insomnia
>Sexual anhediona
>Blunted affect
>Headaches
The sexual anhedonia has gone (thank god!) and the blunted affect seems to be working itself out (but I do feel like I'm not feeling emotion as deeply as before). The others are still around, but I'm hoping they'll disappear as well with time, I'm yet to feel much better vis a vis my depression, but I do think I feel less anxious. I got told that it can take between 3 and 6 weeks before they become "maximally effective" so I'm willing to give it a bit longer.
>>
>>38367637
>>38367698
I'm on Wellbutrin. Thank you for the suggestion.
>>
>>38367524
warning for anons: I was on various SSRIs for 4 years. When I decided to stop (2.5 years ago) I started experiencing terrible withdrawal symptoms that didn't go away (and maybe will stay forever?) mainly
- Irritable bladder - this is fucked up like you wouldn't believe
- Insomnia - combined with the bladder issues (I have not slept for more than 4 hours straight for 2.5 years.)
- Itching - this comes and goes, bouts of itching out of nowhere all over, mostly at night
- Constant state of either diarrhea or constipation
- Overall tension of muscles, jaw constantly clenched uncontrollably, also bruxism.
- Mood swings, I'm pretty sure my mood is way more fucked up comparing to what I was like before SSRIs. My overall anxiety is worse that it was in the period before I took pills.

Long term withdrawal symptoms are a real thing, permanent damage is a thing unlike what doctors would tell you. When I started taking these meds I was strictly told that if I experience side effects they'll be gone the minute I stop taking the pills. This was a lie. Do yourself a favor and don't touch the chemical jew unless you absolutely fucking have to. If you have means to go to therapy please do that instead.
>>
>>38367889
>Discontinuation syndrome
Didn't your doctor discuss that with you when you when you started and again when you told him that you wanted to come off them?
>>
>>38367942
Like I said, I was told by various doctors that it doesn't exist.
>>
>>38367967
>that it doesn't exist.
It's written on the leaflet that comes inside the box. With mine it tells me
>"Do not stop taking Fluoxetine without first consulting with your doctor, doing so may be dangerous"
You might have a malpractice suit on your hands there.
>>
>>38368003
You're confusing long term withdrawal symptoms/permanent damage with "normal" withdrawal symptoms (what doctors and manufacturers actually admit). The former is only recently gaining attention.
>>
>>38368106
I don't think I am. Discontinuation syndrome has withdrawal side effects that can last from weeks to years.
>>
>>38367889
4/6 of those things happen to me anyway
>>
>>38368174
I wish I could sue mang
>>
>>38368305
You might be able to. Talk to a lawyer. Alternatively go back on them and come off gradually.
>>
>>38367889
This isn't normal. I was on them for years, one day quit cold turkey. Felt like shit for a few weeks and have been normal for years now. I was taking a heavy dosage of Zoloft and a mood stabilizer.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.