[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think humans evolved to eat meat? Carnivores like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 12

File: coweatsKFC.jpg (111KB, 1470x938px) Image search: [Google]
coweatsKFC.jpg
111KB, 1470x938px
Why do people think humans evolved to eat meat?
Carnivores like wolves and meat eating omnivores like bears can eat and digest fatty meat without bad health effects

When plant eating animals like rabbits and mice are fed fatty meat in the lab, it raises their cholesterol and clogs their arteries

When humans eat fatty meat it raises their cholesterol and clogs their arteries.

Really activates my almonds
>>
>>38365889
Our teeth are omnivorous. We don't have just molars, we have canines.
>>
fast food doesn't count as real food.
>>
File: gorilla canines.jpg (79KB, 620x426px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla canines.jpg
79KB, 620x426px
>>38365917

Gorillas have massive canines yet eat almost no meat at all. The "meat" they do eat consists of insects that are ground up with the molars.

Well developed canines do not necessarily mean an animal is specialized to eat meat, and on top of that our canines are far reduced compared to those of the largely herbivorous gorilla.
>>
File: IMG_1382.jpg (1MB, 2448x2375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1382.jpg
1MB, 2448x2375px
I am vegan, but I think the majority of people who eat meat justify it by any narrative possible.
Everything from "muh ancestors" to "it tastes good tho" to "I need the vitamins and protein"
In the end it's all excuses, not based on anything other than the marketing material provided by the meat industry.
>>
File: humanteeth.jpg (108KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
humanteeth.jpg
108KB, 736x460px
>>38365917
Humans have tiny canines compared to meat eating ominovores.
>>
>>38365958
why do I need to justify something that is normal? Its you who should be trying to justify your pathetic diet
>>
Except that it doesn't.
Vegans and Vegetarians are retarded.
I'm out bye.
>>
>>38365977
Not that anon but raising and mistreatment/abuse of animals for food seem a little fucked up or immoral? But it never stops me from eating a fat steak/fastfood tho shakingmyhead desu
>>
>>38365944
Of course we aren't specialized to eat meat, but we still can. We're a jack of all trades when it comes to diet.
>>
>>38365889
The fat/cholesterol meme is a myth perpetuated by the grain and sugar industries.
Heart disease is actually caused by inflammation from eating too much carbs and sugars. The lipid hypothesis is false.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_hypothesis

https://www.sott.net/article/242516-Heart-surgeon-speaks-out-on-what-really-causes-heart-disease

Humans have eyes looking forward like a predator, not on either side of our head like a prey animal that would only eat vegetation. We have evolved to be able to outrun prey to exhaustion.
When humans consume no animal products (vegans) they require supplements 100% of the time.
>>
File: Kustodiev_Merchants_Wife[1].jpg (358KB, 1200x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Kustodiev_Merchants_Wife[1].jpg
358KB, 1200x1250px
>>38365889
>When humans eat fatty meat it raises their cholesterol and clogs their arteries.

The modern diet in modernized societies is not comparable to the diet most people had for thousands of years

Most people didn't eat large portions of meat more than once a day, and most people were more active

Then there were the nobles who were often overweight because they could indulge in food while not doing anything physical, just like today's average American

So reduce the size of your meals and lower the portions of meat, and don't eat more calories than you burn. If you do that you can incorporate fatty meat into a healthy diet, and you'll appreciate it more when it becomes something of a treat
>>
>>38366046
I don't do the raising and am in favor of passing laws that stop cruel treatment at farms, but as long as the meat industry exists animals die anyways and my stopping wating meat won't change that. The meat exists, the animal is dead, and I'll eat it if I want to.
>>
>>38365889
I just don't give a fuck. How about that?
>>
Why not eat fish at least if you believe the vegan meme? Fish is without a doubt good for you at least.
>>
>>38366076
I don't think fish is necessarily too good.

Fish tends to be high in mercury and other ocean pollutants. (not a problem in small amounts , but it can build up if you eat it every day).

Fish has cholesterol and fat too. It tends to be less bad than land animal fats , but we have to ask if humans evolved to eat meat.
>>
>>38365944
I fucking hate gorillas
>>
>>38366065
The meat industry is booming because of us anon.

T. guy that might go "organic" or even vegetarian
>>
>>38366065
Still doesn't make it normal. Just because everyone does fucked up things doesn't mean it's any less fucked up
>>
>>38366124
>>38366131
I don't care. The animal is dead. Vegans should focus on slowing down the production cause they'll never slow down the demand enough.
>>
>>38366049
From wikipedia link

>An accumulation of evidence has led to the acceptance of the lipid hypothesis by most of the medical community;

We are most similar to other primates like chimpanzees who primarily eat fruit and veggies , and small amounts of insects.
>>
>>38366046
>Not that anon but raising and mistreatment/abuse of animals for food seem a little fucked up or immoral?
Not really, no. I couldnt care less what non sapient creatures feel. If its gonna be killed anyway what does it matter if it suffers before a little. They are on the same level as plants to me. Thats not to say I dont like animals or dont feel empathy. I just view pets as tool furthermost
>>
>>38366046
>raising and mistreatment/abuse of animals for food seem a little fucked up or immoral
Plants have feelings too reeeeee
>>
>>38366131
>being this much of a moral fag
I don't feel bad about eating something that's dead and that I didn't kill. If i could take an axe to the head of a cow myself for some nice steaks and burgers i wouldn't hesitate. Being this concerned about the feelings of an animal that you haven't even seen is retarded. Do you not pay taxes because your tax money goes towards a military that kills foreign soldiers and innocent civilians?
>>
>>38366154
>He only read one sentence

Veggies are retarded.
>>
>>38366049
Literally the only supplement vegans need is B12. B12 comes from bacteria in the soil and water , but since we drink treated water , we can't get natural B12.

The thing is , farmers feed treated water to their animals , so they need to give their animals B12 supplements. Meat eaters literally eat animals who eat supplements. Why not cut out the middle animal and eat the supplements yourself?
>>
>BUT ITS A LIVING BREATHING ORGANISM :((((
so are plants, my god vegans are such brainlets
>>
>>38366250
Because the meat is more appetizing than the pills. More filling too.
>>
>>38366131
Uh yes? The majority of people eat meat
That's the definition of normal
>>
>>38366104
You need some cholesterol and fish has a lot of good cholesterol and omega fats. Mercury is a non issue, as long as you aren't eating tuna and other fish as high.

Fish is very good for you.
>>
>>38366195
Plants are not sentient and do not feel pain like animals do. Pigs are more intelligent than dogs. You wouldn't eat someone's dog . Why would you eat pig meat?
>>
>>38366186
vegans BTFO. why the fuck does animal suffering matter? only human suffering matters in order to preserve society as we know it
>>
Just gonna leave this here
https://youtu.be/V4jZ_BV4MQ4
>>
>>38366261
Plants are not sentient and don't have brains or feel pain like cows , chickens and pigs do.
>>
File: suicide is painless.jpg (31KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
suicide is painless.jpg
31KB, 670x503px
>>38365889
>>38365965
we need meat, plants don't have all the essential amino acids that we need to repair our bodies

other animals like gorillas can synthesize all amino acids their body needs on their own purely from plants, we can only synthesize some and pure plant protein lacks all the amino acids we need to stay healthy.

has nothing to do with teeth

>energy comes down from the sun
>plants convert it to sugar and protein
>some animals specialize in turning plants into their own bodies
>some animals specialize in turning those animals into their own bodies

it's nature desu
>>
File: happy eatser.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
happy eatser.png
7KB, 420x420px
carnies are a fucking joke
>>
>>38365889
Because we invented tools/weapons to hunt other animals and eat them.

Because humans in every part of the world hunted animals for their meat.

Because uncivilized tribes still hunt animals for food.

Because before agriculture was invented, we mostly fed on berries and meat of prey we hunted - ever heard of hunter-gatherer?
>>
>>38366280
I wouldn't eat someones dog cause I know the dog, just like I wouldn't eat someone's pig cause I know the pig. But people do eat dogs and I don't know every pig that gets killed on a farm.
>>
>>38366302
well insects do feel pain. Why dont their lives matter the same as mammals?
>>
>>38365889
>When humans eat fatty meat it raises their cholesterol and clogs their arteries.
This is like climate change : been scientifically proven time and time again yet people keep denying it.
>>
>Veganfag/trel posts in tread
>Everyone replies to it
>why.png
>>
>>38365944
>>38365965
Some scientists theorize that large canine teeth evolved in primates to ward off predators/rivals. They're more for show than anything else.

Our teeth also aren't really a good basis for the determination of our diets since we use tools to eat anyway.
>>
>>38366325
I think there's different levels of sentience. Insects aren't as sentient as more intelligent animals like cows chickens and pigs. I don't want to cause needless insect suffering either , so I would say you should only kill insects when it is necessary.
>>
>>38365889
This is your argument for being a vegetarian or vegan?
>>
>>38366358
>>38365889
So non fatty meats are ok to eat? Thanks my vegan friends!
>>
>>38366250
>Vegan is the correct human diet
>Requires industrialized production of vitamins

Really makes you think. Vegans truly are the master race.
>>
>>38366358
glad you brought up climate change. Its the perfect analogy
both are factually true yet are completely overblown in order to for smart entrepreneurs to cash in on peoples ignorance
>>
>>38366428
They're less artery clogging yes and I'm not vegan
>>
>>38366400
Its fun, autismo
>>
>>38366434
who's cashing in on people avoiding certain foods? the broccoli industry?
>>
>>38366453
organic food and wholewhatever and shit
>>
>>38366453
have you never heard of overpriced organic vegan products? Or countless shady pro animal charities? Retards eat that shit up
>>
>>38366048
thats why we need to cook meat before eating it? hmmm
>>
>>38366430

Meat eating requires industrialised production of vitamins too.

>eat supplements
>eat farm animals who eat supplements while also getting the artery clogging fat and cholesterol produced by the animals

I wonder which is smarter?

>>38366428
On a health level lean meats are less bad. Like smoking one cigarette a week as opposed to a whole pack.
>>
>>38366487
We used to eat meat raw, as we discovered fire and how to cook, our jaws evolved to become smaller and our brains expanded.
>>
>>38365889
Our teeth are omnivorous, but beyond that, our brains are huge, and that's because we learned to eat cooked meat. Specifically cooked, because that makes it easier for us to digest certain proteins that affect brain growth.
>>
>>38366487
We cooked food to make it more nutritous. Without cooked meat our brains wouldn't have become the most advanced.
>>
>>38366465
>>38366484
you don't have to eat organic to avoid saturated and cholesterol
>>
Just limit meat-eating to once a if youre worries about muh arteries and muh colon and muh cholesterol. Or better yet, don't eat fatty meat
>>
File: 1364970738177.gif (763KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1364970738177.gif
763KB, 160x120px
>>38366414
>this is the mindset of the average vegan
>>
>>38366528
I know, the retards who throw ridiculous amounts of money due to the health craze don't.
>>
>>38366358
That isn't true though. It is a lie. Our low fat diets are killing us.
>>
>>38366504
>one pack a week
>one pack
>a week
You're so ignorant it's hilarious
>>
Our brains evolved and got bigger thanks to better nutrition our hunter ancestors got from meat
Vegans are literaly subhuman retards
>>
>>38365889

A human can consume as much meat as they want and won't have negative health impacts until well into their potential breeding life. Not to mention older folks are less likely to produce viable offspring, prolonging their breeding by prolonging their life could actually damage the genetic pool.
>>
>>38366124
I love the organic meme. You can charge more for the same thing if you just put an organic label on it. Great marketing desu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_IoNQHMFLk
>>
>>38366565

This is unfalsifiable. Karl Popper would be crying.
>>
Serious question, why are vegans so fucking smart?

At my upper middle uni there's a few but when I went to a friends world famous one it was at least 10 percent.

(I'm a vegecuck not vegancuck)
>>
File: 74gadf324.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
74gadf324.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
Is fish considered meat? Fish don't feel pain. Why doesn't everyone eat fish besides the too much mercury meme?
>>
>>38366220
I feel exactly the same way about you.
>>
It tastes good once cooked
>>
>>38366678

>Fish don't feel pain.

Why do you believe this?
>>
>>38365944
Their canines are for eating rival tribes and act as weapons most apes are cannibals.
>>
>>38365889
You took the words out of my mouth OP. I'm not a raging vegan who spouts this shit with an agenda either, I like meat and eat it regularly. I just recognize that we weren't meant to.
>>
>>38365889
Surlz? that you? can you stop shilling this shit man it's pretty annoying
>>
>>38366725
>I just recognize that we weren't meant to.

You understand that if we weren't "meant" to eat meat, we wouldn't be able to, right?

Saying we're not "meant" to eat meat when we have canine teeth, the correct digestive enzymes and structures to as well as doing so for millions of years is absolutely retarded

You can argue that in modern society we eat too much meat, or the wrong kinds of meat, but we are "meant" to eat meat just as much as a cow is "meant" to eat grass
>>

Only in excess

If humans were living a completely "natural" paleolithic lifestyle we would most certainly eat meat, albeit no where near as much as we do today.
>>
>>38366414

>Insects aren't as sentient

Cows, chickens and pigs don't have the same level of sentience as humans either so I'll keep eating them.
>>
>>38367247

>You understand that if we weren't "meant" to eat meat, we wouldn't be able to, right?

This isn't true.
If a cow is starving , it can literally kill a chicken and eat it. Cows are still herbivores though. Scientists have fed meat and meat products to herbivores in labs

>Saying we're not "meant" to eat meat when we have canine teeth, the correct digestive enzymes and structures to as well as doing so for millions of years is absolutely retarded

See

>>38365965
We evolved those teeth and enzymes to handle nuts fruit and seeds.

We can technically digest meat meat , just like cows , rabbits and mice can digest meat, it just causes us bad health effects , just like it causes bad health effects to herbivores.

>You can argue that in modern society we eat too much meat, or the wrong kinds of meat, but we are "meant" to eat meat just as much as a cow is "meant" to eat grass

Again , wolves and bears are "meant" to eat meat. They eat large amounts of animal meat (a wolf can eat 20 pounds in a single sitting) and don't get elevated cholesterol or heart disease. Somehow humans who eat a lot of meat get elevated cholesterol , clogged arteries and heart disease. Just like what happens when we feed herbivorous animals meat products in the lab.

Really activates the almonds , huh.
>>
>>38365889
>all humans eat meat
>>"humans were not evolved to eat meat"
really makes you think.
>>
>>38366280
>plant's don't feel pain
Literally wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fStmk7e9lJo
>>
>>38367418
> Somehow humans who eat a lot of meat
>a lot

That's the crux of the issue

We're omnivores of course, and a "natural" human diet wouldn't contain much meat, but it would still definitely contain meat

Us getting health issues from overindulging is irrelevant, it's like saying that because eating too much sugar gives us health issues that we're not "meant" to eat anything with sugar in it.

The extra calorific density of cooked meat is one of the primary factors that allowed humans the free time from hunting/gathering to attain the division of labor that eventually led to civilization.

Think about it, if you're a neolithic tribesman would you rather sling some sharp sticks at a deer and get tens of thousands of calories worth of food in an afternoon or spend days and days collecting roots and seeds to the same effect?
>>
>>38367498
Yeah , I'm not saying we "can't" eat meat per se.

I'm sure if we only consumed small amounts of meat (like once ever couple days instead of at every meal) , we'd get less bad health health effects.

I'm just saying human beings are physiologically most similar to herbivores and diets where we regularly eat meat give us health issues.
>>
>>38366186
this is quite literally edgy
>>
>>38365889
Did you know that EVERYTHING is partly carnivorous? In fact, eating meat is MORE ethical than being Vegetarian.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1023%2FA%3A1025638030686?LI=true
>>
>>38367627
>I'm sure if we only consumed small amounts of meat (like once ever couple days instead of at every meal) , we'd get less bad health health effects.

That's probably true, that's far closer to a "natural" human diet.

But complaining about it won't do anything more than complaining that humans aren't "meant" to eat 4000 calories a day with no physical exercise, or drink sugar water as their main source of fluids.

There are plenty of dietary trends that do way way more damage than the amount of meat we eat.
>>
>>38367418
If it causes bad health effects, why are deer, an ostensibly herbivorous species, constantly some of the first animals to be found at meat-based bait sites?
>>
>>38365889
Our brain literally evolved thanks to the meat we ate.
>>
>>38367498
Just saying , in nature , sugar is found in sources like fruit with lots of volume and fiber. Humans eat concentrated sugar that allows them to consume way too much.
>>
>>38367666
A "natural" human diet is whatever the fuck you can find. Whether you go months eating nothing but buffalo and maybe a handful of fruit, or you eat primarily fish, or eat only nuts and berries a year at a time.

Also, remember that the "natural" human lifetime was like 30.
>>
veganism and vegetarianism is pointless anyway because no matter what they do, the majority of people will always eat meat, so all they're doing is causing the animal to die in vein if it's not gonna be eaten.
>>
>>38367678
and so if we stop our brains will shrink or something? what's your point with this? same to everyone else spouting this shite
>>
>>38367715
"Sorry bro we can't actually reattach the whole arm so we're just gonna do nothing about it"
>>
>>38367729
Over thousands of generations, yes, the average size of human brains might shrink if we all collectively stop eating cooked meat. Maybe.
>>
>>38367687
Well yeah? That's my point? Humans can only eat as much meat as they do because of a huge agricultural industry providing it. The fact that eating anything in excess causes issues has nothing to do with whether or not we should be eating said thing at all.
>>
>>38367756
I know you can't see me right now, but I'm laughing quite a lot, cheers for that.
>>
>>38365889
>>38365944
>waaaaahhh people can't enjoy meat because my manbun sissy vegan ass said so I'm gonna go suck my gf's strapon now and eat some disgusting plant nobody actually wants to eat ;(((((
>>
>>38365917
So you don't think that canines are just another tool in the dental toolset? You contend that, because a couple teeth are kinda pointed, that means you were meant to take down a gazelle with your face at 40mph?
>>
>>38365889
Why do you think humans evolved to wear clothes, shoes, live in houses, go on 4chan, spout their obnoxious opinions about meat every day?
>>
>>38365958
It tasting good isn't based on marketing material you stupid faggot, it's based on it tasting good. If you weren't an anemic noodle armed girl you might have the energy to go to the butchers and try some.
>>
>>38368002
Not the guy you're replying to, but no, we aren't meant to do that. We captured small game like rabbits and small birds, with tools that we created, then we got bigger and bigger animals as our brains got bigger and bigger through the extra omegas and shit that we were eating, eventually allowing us to create tools and strategies that killed mammoths, so we could feed our villages for weeks without much work.
>>
>>38367729
No, but the proteins we got from meat were essential during the evolution of the modern human brain
>>
Because practicing evil in this world is really, extremely easy, and affords you luxury and efficiency, as well as power.
>>
>>38366048
Underappreciated comment.
Humans evolved to eat meat to survive when there are not enough berries/weed.

Simple. The ones that didn't eat meat died of starvation when flora was not enough to feed humans.
And the ones who ate meat survived keeping and passing on their trait through genes and/or social structures.
>>
>>38368191
I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with doing things that we didn't evolve for. But if fatty meat keeps clogging our arteries , humans should stop eating it.
>>
>>38369885
Maybe they should but they don't have to. People shoyld be free to destroy their own lives.
>>
Humans wanted to eat and found that hunting and killing animals was not only more exciting than gathering plants, but also much denser in fat and protein than most plants.

There's really no reason for a man who is responsible for gathering food not to eat an animal if he can capture it.

Primates are almost always omnivores. Even gorillas will eat insects and small animals. Very few animals are exclusively herbivorous, even if they just eat other animals for calcium.
>>
>>38368227
this was very pathetic to read desu
>>
>>38365965
canines are need to meat eaters because they need to kill with their face

we have tools, like sharp rocks tied to a stick
we don't need fangs, and the fact that idiots like you keep point to this as a legit argument triggers me to no end. You have to be trolling. There's no possible way you're trying to make this fucking retard argument seriously
>>
There is culture around hunting, preparing, and eating meat.
What other reason would there be? Its the same reasons that humans drink alcohol and do other drugs, except that this is actually food.
>>
File: lol.png (149KB, 520x258px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
149KB, 520x258px
If vegans made good that tastes like meat but was vegan and cheap, I would eat it in a heartbeat desu
>>
>>38370270
I like chickpea curry when I make meatless meals, you should try it!
>>
>>38365889
humans can survive their entire life expectancy eating only raw meat.

really activates that animal cruelty, doesn't it?
>>
File: Dumb cunts play dumb cunt games.jpg (298KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb cunts play dumb cunt games.jpg
298KB, 1280x1280px
>>38365917
Whoaa. I never thought of it like this before
>>
>>38366241
Says the cunt quoting wikipedia as a source lol
>>
>>38371243
do you know how many species we have hunted to extinction?
>>
>>38371277
With our canines? Brilliant argument friend. Really convinced me.
>>
>>38371355
I was responding to your cartoon. The character claims to be a killing machine and then points to his teeth.

We have and will continue to eradicate species, by killing them, for the express purpose of filling our bellies.
>>
File: damn_arent_vegans_retarded.jpg (145KB, 990x594px) Image search: [Google]
damn_arent_vegans_retarded.jpg
145KB, 990x594px
Post tasty steaks to mock dumb vegan leaf munchers
>>
>>38365889
We evolved to eat meat because we have teeth designed to eat meat and without meat our species wouldn't have survived.

/thread
>>
>>38371411
>Post is in response to muh canines
>Pic specifically references canines
>YEAH BUT TECHNOLOGY THO
Why are carnies so fucking dumb? You've changed the argument just so you can be "right" but even in changing the argument you haven't made a point about why killing things means we're meant to eat those things.

>>38371422
Every 12 year old ever has done this. Nobody gets triggered by this.

>>38371445
See
>>38371243
>>
>>38365958
You're a spoiled rich person if you can afford to be vegan. People don't feel like they need to give you a good explanation as to why they don't eat because you're pompous and look down your nose from some moral high ground being rich enough to afford to not to be able to eat meat.
>>
>>38371467
>I'm a killing machine
>we don't kill though

we do kill, and we can survive on only meat. I hate to break it to you, but we in practice if not in nature don't conform to your or banagirl's physiological expectations
>>
>it's the dumb normie vegan comes to r9k to bask in unearned moral superiority episode

Why are you here you dumb whore?
>>
>>38365889
Because the type of protein required to live a healthy life can only be found in animal fat. (No, you cannot substitute asparagus) Our digestive system makes us Omnivores. You cannot expect a hamster to fly nor a fish to live in the desert. You can give all the vegan arguments you like. It does not change our physiology. A person can survive on plants only, sure, but chances are, they will be often sick and devoid of a proper diet.
>>
>>38365958
Veganism has already been debunked by doctors. (No, they are not all on the corporations payroll). It is a falsehood and will get you sick eventually.
>>
>>38371486
lmao meat is more expensive than rice and beans. Stop making excuses

>>38371519
>we do kill
You're arguing against something no one disagrees with. We're talking about the method of killing and whether having """canines""" is any indication of our optimal diet. It isn't

>>38371530
>it's the normie vegan comes to r9k to bask in moral superiority episode
Fixed it for you.

>>38371536
>Because the type of protein required to live a healthy life can only be found in animal fat
What protein is that?

>Our digestive system makes us Omnivores
Our digestive system 8 times the length of our body which is too slow to digest meat so it putrefies is omnivorous? Okay.

>they will be often sick and devoid of a proper diet.
citation required

>>38371586
Which doctors?
>>
>>38365958
Since you seem to advocate veganism, tell me, how ecologically sustainable would be if EVERYONE were to become a vegan?
>>
Cholesterol is really important though.
I think most of the buildup is from lack of exposure to sunlight in most people paired with poor diet. The body metabolizes cholesterol into vitamin D when exposed to the sun but our body is designed to store it.
>>
>>38365889
so what do vegans think about animals who kill and eat other animals? Who also do it in a much more brutal and savage way?
>>
>>38371645
Extremely. What the fuck do you think livestock is eating? Are you that ignorant that you think all livestock (which outnumber and outeat humans) is grazing on grass?

>>38371684
Thankfully nobody cares what you think.
>>
>>38371727
Are you denying that we use cholesterol to produce vitamin D?
All terrestrial vertebrates do, aside from the most obligate of carnivores like snakes and cats.
>>
>>38371624
you posted an image showing teeth in an inventory saying it disqualifies us as omnivores, you have conceded that human technology allows us to slaughter and consume animals without them, and now you are back to saying the argument is about whether our teeth are meant to be weapons and that they indicate our diet.

I mean you've got like 12 people coming at you at once so it might not be fair to expect proficiency, but please stop making these threads.
>>
>>38371751
I'm denying that atherosclerosis is caused by vitamin D deficiency. So does the medical literature.

>>38371754
You're talking to multiple people. I was responding to someone who said canines mean we should eat meat. Removing ourselves from the food chain by possessing advanced technology is not evidence that we are natural hunters. Thanks.
>>
>>38371684
The oils released from our skin have a cholesterol component, it's quite an important substance

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholesterol#Function
>>
>>38371813
how about our endurance and communication ability?

>t-that's because man is naturally prey and we need to talk about escaping
>>
>>38371486
That's not true at all. Where do you get this impression?
It isn't that hard to shop vegan
>>
>>38371861
What are you trying to say here? What is your argument?
>>
>>38371813
>Removing ourselves from the food chain by possessing advanced technology is not evidence that we are natural hunters
But creating tools and gathering to kill giant prey to eat is.
Those tools are our claws and fangs.
>>
>>38371906
That humans are pack hunters who hunt, as in kill other animals to eat.
>>
>>38371906
your standing position is that humans are physiologically not meant to consume meat, despite the fact that they can live their entire lives doing so and most cultures have developed to facilitate meat consumption.

Humans have relatively high ability to follow. We can injure animals and follow them as they bleed out all day and all night if we want to. We have the highest ability of communication ever achieved by animals, if you look at other pack hunters you will see they developed communication abilities to aid them in their hunting.

If your position is that humans eat meat because of culture and not because of natural inclination, do you have any way to reconcile this with our abilities to live off of meat, or the traits we developed that signify we were natural, and unarguably, the world's greatest hunters?
>>
>>38371977
Because we have endurance and communicate? You know every animal has a method of communicating right? Elephants have endurance and communicate. That doesn't make the hunters.

>>38372006
>humans are physiologically not meant to consume meat
It's why we get atherosclerosis which is a herbivore only disease unless the thyroid is damaged.

>despite the fact that they can live their entire lives doing
I can also eat my shit to get B12 but that doesn't make it healthy

>most cultures have developed to facilitate meat consumption
Culture isn't a scientific argument for eating meat.

>Humans have relatively high ability to follow. We can injure animals and follow them as they bleed out all day and all night if we want to
What is your point here? If I point out that we have a shitty sense of smell and vision compared to other hunters does that mean we're not hunters? This isn't an argument.

>We have the highest ability of communication ever achieved by animals
This is anthropocentric. You have no way of knowing that. And even if true it's completely irrelevant. How much of our vocabulary is has absolutely nothing to do with your point? A vast majority of it. Being able to communicate doesn't make meat good for you. Like... I'm laughing as I write this. You can't seriously think that words = meat is healthy can you?

>do you have any way to reconcile this with our abilities to live off of meat
I can eat and digest cardboard. Doesn't mean I'm supposed to.

>unarguably, the world's greatest hunters?
Hahhahaha. We are not the world's greatest hunters. You're confusing having technology and the ability to sit 2km away and shooting something with being a hunter. I suspect you're quite young. Either in high school or freshly out.
>>
>>38372298
>You're confusing having technology and the ability to sit 2km away and shooting something with being a hunter.
It's a natural progression from the throwing spear.
>>
>>38372298
it is an argument about behavior. You can point to feline diabetes as an argument for domestication being bad for them, but it probably would not sway too many of them to move out.
Humans have killed every other predator and most everything else with sticks and rocks, my cardboard eating friend.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.