[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Parents set an ultimatum that since im 21 years old now I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: CXMNR1FWEAAhRCp.jpg (6KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
CXMNR1FWEAAhRCp.jpg
6KB, 200x210px
>Parents set an ultimatum that since im 21 years old now I either have to get a job and contribute to the household to the tune of $500/month or move out
>I live in Canada and find this amount to be outrageous regardless of current market prices for similar sized accommodations

What can I do? I don't wish to pay neither do I wish to move out.
>>
>>38357742
It depends anon. Do you wash your own clothes? Do you cook your own food? Do you clean up after yourself? Five hundred bucks could mean anything from reasonable to utter bullshit, especially fucking Canadian dollars.
>>
>>38357742
That's roughly equivalent to $400 USD. You're getting an absolute steal.
>>
>>38357832
>>38357887
Fulltime minimum wage is like $1800/mth gross here. I find it unfair that I must pay over 1/4th of that. I understand it includes food and utilities and shit but still what kind of Jews treat their little boy like that?
>>
>>38357742

>he's 21 years old and he actually thinks it's unreasonable to contribute a meagre 125/week to his living expenses!
>>
>>38357742
>outrageous regardless of current market prices for similar sized accommodations

Cunt tier

>>38357980
>$1800/mth gross here. I find it unfair that I must pay over 1/4th of that. I understand it includes food and utilities

Your parents should just throw you out. You are legitimately a worthless, entitled subhuman.
>>
work arrangement is far better than money arrangement mane
>can't be fired
>lower standards
>no competitions
>no other costs associated with it
>flexible
seriously, just take an hour or two out of whatever pointless shit you do all day
>>
File: 1499447492241.jpg (34KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
1499447492241.jpg
34KB, 612x408px
>>38357742
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface his handshake's ready
>>
>>38358026
What does that mean? I dont understand.
>>
>>38357980
Oh kiddo.

1/4 is easily enough to displace the financial burden of your fat ass living at home. You might be their special little boy but you can't really expect that they should pay for everything for you forever, do you?
>>
>>38357742
wait, so you make it sound like your options are:

>pay rent to your parents and continue to live with them, which means you need a job
or
>move out, which means you pay (probably more!) rent to a landlord and also need a job

or are your parents saying, "we will subsidize your rent/life if you just fucking move out of our house goddamn"

if you have to work/pay rent either way, the logical course of action here is to stay with your parents unless you really think you can move into somewhere where the total monthly cost of living (incl. food, utilities, etc.) is less than $500/mo

conversely, if your parents are gonna pay your rent if you move out, then fucking move out. how hard is that? you get your own place and you don't even have to pay for it
>>
>>38357742
so move out and do the same to prove them wrong you piece of filth
>>
>>38357887
>>38357982
>>38357997
>>38358069
Never realized how many normals were on this board these days.
>>
>>38358071
>or are your parents saying, "we will subsidize your rent/life if you just fucking move out of our house goddamn"

Absolutely nothing whatsoever in the OP even slightly hints at this being an option. You are functionally illiterate
>>
>>38358131

t. projecting normalfag
>>
File: 1421891037420.jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
1421891037420.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
>moved out
>send mom money sometimes to make sure she's okay

feels good to be an adult
>>
>>38357980
In general it's recommended that you put no more than a third of your pre-tax income to rent. Being asked to put a quarter of the minimum wage income to all your expenses isn't unfair. It's extraordinarily generous. I'd put you out on the street.
>>
>>38358172
Why are you even here Norman? Just to mock us in our time of need?
>>
>>38358068
they said you have to work in the house or pay money
i'm saying work in the house, it's better in the ways i mentioned
am i being rused
>>
LMFAO I SAW THIS THREAD ON BIZ A SECOND AGO GET A LIFE LOSER
>>
>>38358187
There is not enough work to do in the house also that won't gain me work experience
>>
Looks like it's time to flip some burgers, OP.
>>
I roam my city selling chinkshit I buy from Alibaba
Much better than working in a fucking shop and you make decent margins
You just have to worry about ducking the feds because they'll nick you if you haven't got a trader's permit
>>
>>38358367
Why don't you just sell drugs or commit credit card fraud
>>
>>38357742

>what should I do

Get a job you pathetic faggot.
>>
>>38357980

>21
>little boy

Do you have no self respect?
>>
>>38358415
>>38358460
Who invited these normies?
>>
>>38358474

Let me guess, you a virgin?
>>
>>38358180
I'm here because I can't stay away. I was once one of you, and although I no longer feel the robot feels, I return here out of habit.
>>
>>38358507
Yes. Are you here to brag or actually help us
>>
>>38358525

>21 year old virgin who thinks he should get a free ride in life and still describes himself as a little boy

Join the military. Literally the only way to help yourself short of suicide. You're not a man.
>>
[s]this is not how to spoiler[/s]
>>
>>38358579
Hard to get in Canada
>>
>>38358586
this is how to spoiler

Anon, you can find online jobs, for real. Check out something simple like Textbroker to begin with. Or you can do transcription
>>
>ok so here is my problem also don't offer me any solution that might be difficult or uncomfortable, or any solutions at all, come to think of it. something inevitably has to change and i have to do things i don't want but i'd rather not acknowledge this, even though there is no point in otherwise having this conversation
>>
>>38358593

You're a 21 year old male. Eat less, work out, apply in 6 months. Its not like you do anything else.

How do you even manage to live with yourself you pathetic sack of shit.
>>
>>38358593

I imagine its hard having a 21 year old loser live with you as well. If your parents can take the initiative why can't you?
>>
>>38358412
>sell drugs
I'll get fucked by both the feds AND the local Mafia for being on their turf
>credit card fraud
I'm not about that life
>>
>>38357742
Wash dishes. Be a janitor. Wait tables. Work retail. These jobs are almost always available.

You will get exercise/socialize with people which is absolutely crucial to someone your age along with a steady paycheck.

You are at an age where you still have a chance. I'll get called a normal fag but I don't care -- DON'T STAY AT HOME DOING NOTHING. Unless you are 100%, truly, absolutely disabled (you're not) being a NEET not is not a path you want to go down.

I'm 34 and I would give anything to be your age again. My brain is so warped from years isolation and repetition that I simply can't function like a normal human being. I can't even go out in public without having a panic attack. It's awful and humiliating and I think about suicide almost everyday now. Nothing is fun and my attention span is zero. I always feel sick/tired despite doing nothing.
>>
Okay. After 11 more years on earth than you, I can offer you some advice. Decline it and it's your ass. They are offering you room and board for 500 bucks Canadian. You will not find that anymore for 500 bucks American even in small towns. In the city you will be lucky to find a one bedroom that isn't in crack alley for twice that. This does not include food, internet, electricity, power, water, garbage, or parking. With your extremely generous Canadian minimum wage, you can earn that with a custodial job of two nights a week. Custodial work is the best kept secret of the workforce by the way as long as you avoid any contract with the word "school" anywhere in it. You should also consider going to your local two year college and learning a trade. I'd bet they would stop this faggotry in a heartbeat if you showed them that you want to improve, and you would have a better job in the future that would not leave you suicidal. Either way, please understand that this is nowhere near as unfair as you think it is.
>>
>>38358187
>they said you have to work in the house

They didn't say this at all. They want 500 in cold hard currency or they're throwing him out on the streets where he deserves to be
>>
File: 1459046008425.jpg (188KB, 1280x892px) Image search: [Google]
1459046008425.jpg
188KB, 1280x892px
>he hasn't planted seeds of guilt
>he hasn't made it subtly clear that he would sooner leave by tomorrow and never make contact with them ever again than pay even 100 to live in the hole he was raised in
>he's going to become a wagie and STILL live with his parents
>>
>>38357742
I live with my parents for the moment (I'm joining the military within the next few months, so no point in getting the apartment), and I have a $7.60 an hour 20 hour a week job as a cart jockey, essentially, and I could easily pay $500 a month. Let's assume 3.5 weeks in every month, just for the sake of it, that's 70 hours a month, times 7.60 (minus tax is more like 6.50 tbqh) is 455 dollars. So, actually, not quite 500, but if I worked another 10 hours, I'd have 682 dollars a month, giving me a cool 182 a month to do with whatever I wish. Industrial buckets of lubricant? 12 onaholes? The world is my oyster.
>>
lmao, i live in Canada. $500 is a steal even if you don't get free food and shit. Kill yourself OP
>>
File: op fag 3.png (107KB, 644x952px) Image search: [Google]
op fag 3.png
107KB, 644x952px
>>38359126
Liked, favorited, and subscribed.Fucking this, OP.
>>
>>38357980
I live in Canada in an absolute shithole apartment

My rent and utilities amount to ~$1000/month

Good bait made me respond
>>
Put flyers up at your parents workplaces offering sex for money. They'll be so embarrassed they might ask you to stop looking for work.
>>
get a job, tell them you need time to save up money for a deposit, move out

they don't want you living there
>>
I give my mum 700 cad a month

You're lucky op. And considering what you're paying her wouldn't even cover rent if you had to move out you should be grateful

Your internet and cellphone is almost half of that amount.
>>
File: 1483307809016.png (319KB, 480x540px) Image search: [Google]
1483307809016.png
319KB, 480x540px
>$500 CAD a month
>outrageous

you're a waste of space and oxygen, op.
>>
100 a month on a bus
100+ internet
50+ cell phone

Would you look at that op. More than 50% of what you give to your mom would already be gone if you didn't love with her

Now you have 150 left to feed and house yourself.

Paying your mommy doesn't look so bad now does it
>>
yikes. mom only makes me pay 200 per month and thats only because moving in with her kicked her off food stamps
>>
Dude that's actually pretty cheap, rent's usually more expensive unless you're living in the hood.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.