[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been confused lately. I have no convictions. Do you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0389.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0389.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
I've been confused lately. I have no convictions. Do you know of any real truths? Can you post them for me?
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>38357734
>Do you know of any real truths?

People almost always prefer a familiar suffering over the fear of the uknown - which is why so many of us are where we're at right now.
>>
Truth is as much of a nonsense concept as justice or human rights. You feel confused because you've released yourself from everything but the concept of truth.
>>
>>38357734
You cannot change other people. You can barely influence them. You can guilt them, backstab them, blackmail them, coerce them, but there is no good way to genuinely make a person inherently change themselves. They have to want to change.
>>
>>38357734
You will never be happy with where you are in life. The nagging doubt that haunts you right now will always be there.

Some people don't have it. We call them sociopaths.
>>
>>38358023
what are you talking about, the nagging feeling is practically all that sociopaths feel
>>
>>38357734
There is one truth and that is that you are the product of billion of years of antientropic matter struggling to become stagnant or fall apart. So regardless of your choices you will fuel that process whether its being a father, saving a life, or just making someone else money. Even if you killed yourself, you would continue to fuel life in some way shape or form. The truth is your type of matter, life, if the most precious and rare thing in th universe. Its what we consider nature to really be where life flourishes rather than rocks and desolation.
>>
>>38358050
Maybe we're talking about something different. I'm thinking of the type of person who pursues their own ends with no regard for others, even to their own detriment. Usually accompanied by a lack of understanding of others' emotions.

Is that not sociopathy?
>>
File: e8f.png (308KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
e8f.png
308KB, 448x486px
>>38357734
Someone buy this and use them as binoculars, recreating this picture
>>
>>38357734
There are three certainties in life: Death, Taxes, and the Dallas Cowboys blowing it.
>>
>>38358138
I'd say we're agreed on that definition.
maybe you mean a different kind of doubt
other people's problems in mind or not, the discomfort in staying where you are and wondering if you couldn't be doing something else, something better, or maybe your strategy for everything has been all wrong the whole time; that really doesn't go away, even for sociopaths
>>
>>38358004
I'm more optimistic about that, yeah the actor is ultimately the person themselves but their surroundings play a giant part.

When I feel like you do I think of the feral child Genie who was locked in a small ass room with taped windows and no stimuli but some shitty bowls of oatmeal or whatever her nutter father would give her entering her room. She lived like that, completely deprived from everything (including her family who wouldn't talk to her lest she be corrupted), until she neared adulthood and she came out as you'd expect: a rudimentary, near animal person who couldn't make words.

Basically, because Genie wasn't socialized, because she had no outside factors like even a single person talking to her and telling her what's up, what's right and what's wrong etc. she grew to be something that could barely be considered a person. Now if you compare her to a person who's successful at anything you'd see that the latter had help, people, and their ideas, people and their guidance, people and the interactions made with them all molded successful people into being the way they are.

In short, the only reason Chad Thundercock isn't like Genie is because people changed him, directly or otherwise. He'd have no desire whatsoever to do anything but stay in his room and eat gruel if he were "raised" like Genie.
>>
>>38358528
Those are both extreme examples and you know it. The average person has been shaped by their environment and their experiences and that makes them who they are. That's my point. When you encounter another adult that's it, that's who they are.

I was going to continue this post with like two more paragraphs but fuck it.
>>
>>38357734
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, but other than that, no. The Bible maybe, but it was written by humans, and is therefore inherently flawed in itself, but way less flawed than most things.

You think this is a larp? I'm dead fucking serious. 80% of you would be fine if you accepted Jesus, I should know.
>>
File: cropped-1920-1080-247912.jpg (833KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cropped-1920-1080-247912.jpg
833KB, 1920x1080px
All I know is that I know nothing
>>
>>38357734
>that pic
Let me get this straight. You're using your hands to fuck hands instead of jacking off normally ans cutting out the extra step
>>
>>38359087
What about neuroplasticity and how our brain actually physically changes as we learn new things? Obviously you're not going to mold them into an entirely different person just because you told them how their shit is all fucked up and how to do something about it but aren't you still literally and metaphorically leaving an impression on them?

Kinda why I mentioned the examples, nothing left a mark on Genie so she became nothing but I think you recognize that and are saying that adult are, unlike developing children like Genie, won't change from outside forces like another person trying to help.

but then what will change them? I mean if you took two methheads and gave one endless meth and endless food and another endless meth, endless food but a support structure of individuals who want to help the latter and teach him how to get off the drugs then isn't the latter more likely to not use the endless meth as much, if at all? Aren't other people changing him? or is that impossible or negligable?
>>
>>38359416
>All these typos
God I need to go to bed.
>>
>>38359416
let me use a simple example here
both of my parents were obese, so were my grandmother and my little brother
I made a very concerted effort at every meal as a child to prepare healthy food and eat small portions. not once in 18 years did it make a difference. if anything, they were so set in their ways that when they saw me trying to influence them they went out of their way to eat unhealthy food in massive quantities.

this is a simple example but surely you can see how the average person is not going to change someone without going to extreme lengths to influence them. I never said it wasn't possible:

>you can guilt them, backstab them, blackmail them, coerce them

but you cannot make a healthy, honest effort to change a person. you have to devote enormous amounts of time and energy into it. it is not worth that effort.
>>
>>38359525
Yeah, you can't change people unless they want to change.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.