[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm hoping a burger can help me here. Ausfag here, we have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1496086838816.jpg (631KB, 1138x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496086838816.jpg
631KB, 1138x1200px
I'm hoping a burger can help me here.

Ausfag here, we have a word "arsehole" which is used for people who are what you would say pricks or cunts.

You guys, i guess more so in New York etc i dunno, it's like you use "asshole" in the same way BUT, you also use it in the sense like I will try to remember a quote from Artie Lang.

Basically it went "Everyone is bashing people who do coke, here i am 4am with all my friends enjoying my ass high off my ass listening to music with some hookers we just banged... and I'M the asshole... okay..."
>>
>>38340072
What?
In America if you call someone an arsehole with American English it's always a joke or something kids say.
Call someone or yourself an asshole just means you're describing that person as scummy, crass or self absorbed and offensive.
Artie Lang didn't use it in an usual way in that quote
>>
>>38340125
I'll give you another example from Opie and Anthony. Can't remember who said it but went something like:

"If you're at that Bon Jovi concert, calling yourself a huge Bon Jovi fan, only singing those one or two songs, you're an asshole"
>>
>>38340166
Actually let me give a better example.

"I walked into this building to pay my bill, everyone was at lunch. So i had to wait around like an asshole."
>>
>>38340166
That's exactly the same as how you use it though? There's no secret extra meaning
t. Britbong
>>
>>38340215
Why is he an arsehole for doing coke and having fun with his friends? You're not really making sense. Maybe unless you're a christfag and assuming he's married or something.
>>
If you're a regular burgerbot you may as well just put me out of my misery or i'm gonna keep bumping etc.

Why? It's interesting how you can use the same word in 2 different ways like that. In australia arsehole has 1 meaning, it can't mean "somebody feeling like an idiot waiting in line".
>>
>>38340337
Yes it can you fucking poofta
>>
>>38340337
In america, asshole can be a term of endearment and an insult.
>>
>>38340383
Thought as much, thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>>38340382
you might literally have the downs and should probably start using sign language or something
>>
>>38340413
Must be hard being able to detect chromosomes over the internet but not know how the english language is used in the country around you.
>>
>>38340399
Like any language, context matters. Being that your here, autism might block you and others from picking up key body language, situational awareness, and referencial/allusionary context
>>
>>38340072

I know what he means. OP just isnt explaiming it right.

Americans do have kind of an extra meaning of usage. I.e. a purely descriptive more loose usage.

Example: "I had no umbrella and had to stand in the rain like an asshole."

In Australia the sentence "I had no umbrella and had to stand in the rain like an arsehole" would make no sense whilst the previous Americanism is perfectly undertandable.
>>
>>38340438
People in australia don't use "omg u waited in line for 30 minutes? you fucking asshole!"

Same goes in your country, sillybilly.

>>38340445
Nah i get it obviously depends on context, but even you can't imagine an australian saying "gee wizz mate, you silly arsehole".
>>
>>38340250
the character you're quoting was being sarcastic.
he's saying what you're saying: "why am i an idiot for doing coke and having fun?", he's just saying in a typically New Yorker smart-ass way.
>>
File: 1495125164324.jpg (206KB, 779x1631px) Image search: [Google]
1495125164324.jpg
206KB, 779x1631px
>>38340478
Explains it in post, i still explained myself fine just took more posts. The britbong is still a spastic.
>>
>>38340489
I live in brisbane you scrub. Second of all people use it for example when someone has done something objectivly bad to someone else and the perps friends go "oh thats horrible you're an arsehole hahahaha"
>>
>>38340478
In that example, asshole is similar to:
Fuckwit
Dumbass
Joker
Silly person
And unfortunate man rolled into one.
>>
>>38340515
one post*
>>
>>38340515
Says the prison island fag who had to have someone else explain what he meant.

I honestly thought you had autism or something.
>>
>>38340518
you and your friends sound like a bunch of virgins who watch too many seinfeld replays on free2air while smoking shitty ass weed that you would probably call "schwag" lmao

>>38340528
OP here, yes this. Just wanted it confirmed from some actual burgers and not other australians and fucking yellow teeth britshits for fuck sake.
>>
>>38340489
>but even you can't imagine an australian saying "gee wizz mate, you silly arsehole".
I can though? I'd expet you to use cunt instead.

WAIT, that's it! We can't use the word cunt at all in america. It's taboo as raping a girl and murdering her, but used as the highest insult. Your arsehole sounds like our cunt.
>>
>>38340569
>Getting called a virgin by someone posting on r9k.

I'm not the one asking seppos for advice on my own countries english.
>>
Asshole in the context of the quote is like "dipshit" if that's more familiar, or schmuck. Basically, "you think I'M the one who's doing it wrong?" Imagine "dumb" before "asshole"
>>
File: egoraptersgf.jpg (71KB, 928x516px) Image search: [Google]
egoraptersgf.jpg
71KB, 928x516px
I for one as an ausfag love people getting mad about this shit hehehe

i definetely see haha omg you asshole haha in a COMPLETELY friendly way, in australia arsehole is a brutal insult

I wanna just say it's all good who cares but you cunts have separated shit for trannies cool.

Nice knowin ya lol.

Also, found egoraptors gf.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.