[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Best way to call out of work? Got this job 5 months ago

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1466790000824.jpg (201KB, 609x867px) Image search: [Google]
1466790000824.jpg
201KB, 609x867px
>Best way to call out of work?

Got this job 5 months ago but Thursday is going to feel like 106 degrees out, and they have me for 9 hours that day no way im going in. Good but reasonable call out excuses?
>>
>>38314601
call sick
say an extended family member died
say you have a doctors appointment
say you have to take your kid to the doctors
>>
>>38314632
how long before my shift? I work Thursday at 2pm should I call like early tomorrow
>>
>>38314601
If you can text your manager/someone with power you'll wanna do that the night before telling them you feel like shit, and then tomorrow call in before and say you threw up just a few minutes ago and can't make it
>>
>>38314601
Here's one my mom used back in the day

>my friend had a breakdown/tried to commit suicide and as I was up all night with them making sure they were ok
>>
Really depends on the job. Some you can just text your manager with the ole "I'm not feeling well" stuff and you're golden. Others are so anal retentive that you need a legit doctors note not to get fired.
>>
>>38314650
as soon as possible give them as early notice as possible, DO NOT and I REPEAT DO NOT call them 30mins from clock in time or they will know you are bullshitting
>>
>>38314665
lol thats a good one, would it bet better to fully call out or say like i cant make it into 5pm which would have me workm 5-10pm
>>
>>38314601
eat an entire package of sugar free twizzlers. you'll be shitting like a pigeon. just call from the toilet.
>>
>>38314632
>>38314687
>>38314688
These are good.

If possible guilt a coworker into agreeing to take your shift for you too. You want an excuse that'll make them look like an asshole if they turn it down. Then you can approach the manager like "hey I've gotta do X in this day, and Y coworker already agreed to take my shift" and it's no extra work for the manager.

If you really want to scum it and skip out on work often without problems establish a backstory that lends itself to that. You've got chronic back pain that you need to make frequent appointments for. You've got a wife and kid that you need to be available for. Etc.

Your coworkers will know you're bullshitting and hate you for it but at least you won't get fired.
>>
>>38314815
thanks for the advice my nigga
>>
>>38314601
Usually if I need to just take a day off without making a big thing out of it or coming up with an elaborate lie that I will need to verify I just tell them that I have diarrhea because I ate something bad and got food poisoning.

Diarrhea will get anyone to leave you alone.
>>
>>38314632
>say an extended family member died

this
say its someone who's already dead or doesn't exist (my dead uncle has died 6 or 7 times at this point) so you don't feel bad
>>
Tell them you got food poisoning and you're shitting your brains out.

Don't tell them "Oh yeah, my family member died", because that's going to drag out way longer than it needs to. And then if they see another one of your family members and they mention it, you're fucked. Nobody goes "Hey, I'm sorry about your son's diarrhea", so there's no chance you can get caught.

Also, literally 8 fucking captchas. I want to kill myself.
>>
>>38314601
If you call in sick make sure it's 2 hours before you're supposed to go in.
>>
>>38314950

Be aware that if you try to get your shift covered and can't your manager will probably hear about it from one of them if you call out anyway.
>>
>>38314601
Just call in the morning of saying you're sick. If they ask for details, say it's diarrhea as the other anon said.
>>
>>38315368
oh ok cool never called out before so sorta nervous to do so.
>>
>>38315334
I have to be in Friday and Saturday too, should I show up like nothing happened
>>
>>38315613
I bet your boss won't be happy, but at least if you're reliable 95% of the time, he or she'll tolerate it from my experience. Show up to work, no need to extend the lie needlessly. Be shameless about it.
>>
>>38315692
yea im going to call out tomorrow while im at the bar
>>
>>38314601
The only time I ever called off at first I called and just said, "hey I'm not gonna be able to make it in." I thought that would be good enough but then they asked why and I was like "oh I'm not feeling well, you know how it is haha."
One of the managers had to fill my shift and they were upset with me and I felt bad.
>>
>>38314601
just go and drink lots of water, you're going to just feel shitty calling out you won't even enjoy your time off and you'll dread going in the next time.
>>
>>38316460
this is usually my experience OP. and if you actually do get sick you'll be able to call off later on without losing your (shitty) job
>>
I called off one time. I called my manager when I knew he wouldn't answer and just left a voicemail saying I was sick and can't come in. I left it at like 7pm the day before. My friend calls off at least once a month he's a fag who used to skip school when a new videogame would come out and play it all day
>>
I called in sick once this year, it was Thursday before last. I was just so fed up and unmotivated I couldn't will myself to get to work I was literally on the way to the station and audibly said "fuck it" and turned back.

It was a pleasant day.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.