[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your creative outlet? For me it's guitar; since

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: nick_drake_action-495x400.jpg (56KB, 495x400px) Image search: [Google]
nick_drake_action-495x400.jpg
56KB, 495x400px
What's your creative outlet? For me it's guitar; since I'm a KHV and have no friends here at college, it's a really good way to distract yourself.
>>
Nick Drake' s the bomb yo.

But yeah, guitar/singing and songwriting for me. Really the only interesting thing about me.
>>
Maybe I should've worded the op better.

Do you guys draw, paint, make videos?
>>
>>38302238
nice dude, what kind of style do you play?
>>
>>38302270
Basically just like Nick Drake and Elliott Smith but not as good.
>>
>>38302071
writing, I write completely false and retarded stories
>>
>>38302071
I make trap music, mostly dark club bangers. Kind of like metro boomin but nowhere near as good.
>>
Lately, I've been doing podcasts.
>>
>>38302359
Same, I spent almost a whole year learning to play Nick's discography and now I'm doing a lot of John Fahey fingerstyle.

>>38302404
>>38302521
let's hear them phams
>>
>>38302738
Oh shoot, I know I'm pretty late here, but I'm a big Fahey fan as well. Would've mentioned him along with Nick and Elliott if I knew anyone would recognize him.

I actually just recently released an album if you're interested.
>>
I play guitar too. I even bought a handheld recorder in order to put together songs, but I haven't made anything all that interesting.
>>
File: 1492557495390.jpg (192KB, 790x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492557495390.jpg
192KB, 790x700px
>>38302242
I used to record gameplay vids at half res with FRAPS on my craptop, make stopmotion videos with legos and some silly live action shit (which looked ridiculous since I was about 12 or 13). I even had a small audience.

Now I can't think of anything at all creative and youtube is oversaturated as hell. I've tried reaching out to some twitch streamers who need a youtube channel manager and editor but there's always someone better.
>>
>>38302071
Im going to buy a ibanez rg with dimarzio picks as my first guitar opinion guys ?
>>
File: 1499637573359.jpg (202KB, 1035x689px) Image search: [Google]
1499637573359.jpg
202KB, 1035x689px
>>38302071
When I was single digits, my outlet was a cheap Casio keyboard I had. Though I never learned anything beyond chord notes and individual notes, It was fun.

From 11 years old to the present, I'm playing acoustic and electric guitars. I started out with acoustic and I think that helped me to created melodies in music when I tried out electric as opposed to other people that would just chug chord notes.

My other sorta creative outlet was when I was playing Trumpet in my high school band all four years. Every song I played for band, I taught myself to play on guitar as well because it helped me to audibly hear how it was supposed to sound.
>>
>>38303661
not him but i would be interested
>>
abstract painting and making little drawings and collages
>>
>>38302071
>attempt to play instrument
>can't have my hands working on different things
>god this sounds awful, l am ass at this
>put away instrument forever
>>
>>38305464
okie doke

https://motelguide.bandcamp.com/album/owl-sight-owl-mind

I hope people don't think I'm shilling too hard. I don't really share this with people irl so the only way it gets heard is from showing people online.
>>
I write poetry and i have recently been trying to get into other forms of literature. Still rather shit at both though.
>>
being creative would require me to be good at something
>>
making memes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
>>
>>38306958
xDDDD memtastic
>>
>>38305242
Depends on what you plan to play. Ibanez is a good brand for metal, but are you getting an H-H or an H-S-H model? It's all about what genre you most enjoy.
>>
>>38306958
>comments disabled
why
>>
File: 1491970455647.jpg (57KB, 1059x704px) Image search: [Google]
1491970455647.jpg
57KB, 1059x704px
>>38302071
I make functional engines on The Powder Toy. Also make some custom parts for Beamng. Drive

I am not a creative person
>>
I play guitar as well. I also paint.

I more enjoy the former, though I'm better at the latter.
>>
>>38305814
>mfw it s pretty nice
So there is people of talent who are on this board
>>
I really wanna learn how to play an eletric guitar.

Music is a huge outlet for me and I would love to do my own stuff but I don't where to begin.
Should I get an acoustic guitar first? Can you how to play properly by yourself?

I really don't have money for lessons.
>>
>>38305814
Nice stuff, my fellow fingerstyle friend. I can relate to your struggle.
>>
>>38305418
>I started out with acoustic and I think that helped me to created melodies in music when I tried out electric as opposed to other people that would just chug chord notes.
Yeah, that's usually how it goes. I taught guitar full time for about 6 years and would always suggest acoustic for beginners. It's harder to learn since the strings are harder to press, it's awkward to play sitting down, etc

But the way I look at music is that a song should sound good played on acoustic guitar or piano before moving on to heavy distortion/whatever other effects are gonna be used. The effects cover and muddy the actual song. If there isn't any good tune behind it it'll be shit.
>>
File: giphy.png (105KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.png
105KB, 500x280px
>>38305814
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWpRvqR88vE
>>
>>38309654
Justin Guitar seems like a good resource for beginners
>>
>>38309654
Step 1: learn to read tabs
Step 2: play your favorite songs (just google, green day holiday tabs for example)
Step 3: do this for x years
Step 4: profit
>>
File: plus de canards.jpg (851KB, 1700x1573px) Image search: [Google]
plus de canards.jpg
851KB, 1700x1573px
When I was in college and lecture was boring I would doodle to pass the time. I like drawing but I can't be arsed to get around to it in my free time. I'm not French btw, just studying it.
>>
>>38309654
Electric is fine to learn on, but acoustic would be better in my opinion.

You can teach yourself almost everything, but having someone to help you along the way is a big plus. Lessons are expensive, btw. I charged 15 dollars for half an hour, but only because I was some nobody and wanted to undercut everyone charging 20-25 dollars.

The only thing that I think you'll struggle with is how to properly play/hold the instrument. This is especially important with your fretting hand. It's very, very fucking easy to play chords improperly and develop hand cramps/carpal tunnel.

Then with learning guitar try to learn chords, scales, etc. Then when you learn a song (searching tabs is most common, do this at first and slowly start using your ears instead) try to actively think "ok, so this song uses these chords, fits in this scale, blah blah blah"

That will help you tremendously if you ever want to write your own tunes. It'll give you a small foundation of "this note sounds good with this note, but even better if I play this other note before the first one"

There's a fuckton of resources online for learning guitar, and most are free. Try to use those to your advantage. With music, it's more about using your strengths to their fullest potential to develop something you can call your own.
>>
>>38309601
>>38309674
thank you fellas
>>38309727
you done caught me

I was lucky to get reviewed by that guy anyways, just happened to be the first person to submit an album to him, hope that doesn't disqualify me from being able to post here.
>>
File: 1408434749529.png (47KB, 632x852px) Image search: [Google]
1408434749529.png
47KB, 632x852px
>>38309878
I have a strange feeling over your album. In a way i feel happy for you because your album sounds great, in the other hand i know what i write isn t a hundred miles close to this level, and it makes me feel a bit bad that even if i write something as good i ll still be the looser that hangs out here.
>>
>>38309958
I could show you recordings of mine from a few years ago that sound awful. It's just a matter of sticking with it and you'll inevitably improve over time.

but yeah can't address that last part. Turns out being able to write moderately okay folk influenced music doesn't make you any less of a fuck up in other aspects of your life. I still gotta find a way to get past that. Hopefully we'll all make it out.
>>
>>38310101
good luck to you with that anyway

also be ready to get your songs shitposted in comfy threads every time
>>
>>38310151
shitpost away my friend
>>
>>38302071
I'm a game developer. Make games that are fun and express the feels
>>
>>38310309
whats your best game?
>>
question for those who play an instrument: how long do you usually practice for, and how many times a week do you practice?
>>
>>38311391
an hour a day sometimes more
>>
>>38311391
Between 45 mins a day and an hour and a half.

Sometimes nothing but that happens rarely (like once a week)
>>
>been thinking of buying a guitar
>can only imagine the guitar salesman laughing at me as he asks "so do you know how to play anything"
>>
>>38312287
Guitar salesmen are usually assholes ngl. Just be up front about you being a beginner player. Make sure they don't try to sell you something too expensive as well. As far as beginners' axes, I'd recommend either a squier strat (if electric) or some sort of ibanez if you're learning acoustic
>>
>>38312406
>squier strat
That's the one I've looked at (online) as it's the cheapest.
But yes I would loathe it and probably won't get a guitar if it means interacting with some chad.
>>
DONT GET SQUIERS THEY ARE SHIT TIER GUITARS,
EPIPHONES OR IBANEZ'S ARE WAY BETTER ENTRY LEVEL GUITARS
>>
>>38309788
allies eternels*
de m'avoir donne ce papier*
>Non-ASCII text is not allowed.
>>
>>38312479
Fender's squier strat series is actually pretty great, especially considering the price point. When you're buying a guitar, you should look more for feel than tone, because the amp/setup you use will have far more effect on tone than the guitar itself. The squiers have these medium jumbo frets that make bending and stuff really easy.
Sorry for the unnecessary and lengthy post; talking about guitars is one of the few things I actually enjoy.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170711-071800.png (280KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170711-071800.png
280KB, 1280x720px
>>38302071
I draw anime girls and cute little ponies
>>
>>38312515
bitch strats are objectively easier to play on. gibson won't let go of their old ass designs so the headstock shape makes the strings fall out of tune every five seconds. and ibanez is a meme, any ibanez worth buying would be basically a strat knockoff anyway.
>>
>>38312515
Squier's are fine you sperg. Some of the better ones even rival low end Fenders.
>>
>>38312641
as an addendum to my post here, if you're looking to get more of an intermediate/better quality guitar, don't, I repeat, DO NOT get a strat. The value per dollar you spend gets more and more scarce the more expensive the model you're getting. Once you're in the $500 plus range, look elsewhere.
>>
https://clyp.it/qc1l30xm

here's a snippet of something I'm working on
>>
>>38312600
I really want to get a guitar but I'm sure it will be like everythign else I've tried in life. I'll give up after a week.
>>
>>38312855
just sticinwith i5 is not hat hair
>>
>>38302071

i just make shitty hardcore and speedcore .-.

i put almost all of my creativity into the music
>>
>>38302071

I'm in university for design currently.
Planning on becoming a spatial or fashion designer
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.