[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get $30 gym membership to shower and pay extra $45 a month

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (14KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 227x222px
>get $30 gym membership to shower and pay extra $45 a month to store your stuff in personal locker (only bare necessities though, meaning clothes, toothbrush, deodorant, packaged food, portable plug-in pot, sleeping bag and stuff like that; get rid of all your other stuff besides maybe a couple super sentimental items ): 75 bucks a month
>safety deposit box to store documents and sentimental items: 3 bucks a month
>get PO box for mail: 10 bucks a month
>if you have 14 sets of clothes (very compactly) stored in your locker, you only need to do laundry at laundromat twice a month: 12 bucks a month
>public library for computer and place to hang out and stay cool/warm: 0 bucks a month (obviously there are other free places like mcdonalds and bookstores for a change of pace)
>unroll high quality sleeping bag behind obstructed buildings or on business rooftops in safe white suburbs and wear a thick sweater and face mask when cold: 0 bucks a month
>total cost: 100 bucks a month

So why are you spending 750+ bucks a month on a shitty apartment and utilities, r9k? Just be homeless in a nice white suburb and save up your cash.
>inb4 live in car

Costs way too much to buy, and to maintain, and quality of life will be lower. A shitty bike can get you where you want to go.
>>
Why don't you actually take your own advice instead of being a LARPER fag.
>>
Thats a neat plan for someone that really cant get any money but if you can work you should enjoy the many advantages of having your own rooms.
>>
>>38301187
What the fuck would you do all day? The library won't let a random homeless guy stay there all day, every day.

How would you get away from normies for any reasonable length of time?
>>
>>38301252
This. This plan is actually reasonable for someone like me, who can't handle the pressures of a real job and just makes 200 bucks a month on mturk. I could just do mturk stuff at one of the library computers all day, and if the library didn't have enough computers for someone to be able to hog one all day, I could ask mummy for a loan to buy a cheap laptop, because the library would provide the free wifi, and that would be enough to provide me cash for the stuff on this list and food.
If mummy ever kicks me out I'll definitely try this, but until then I'll just save my money and stay here. And if was making enough to afford an apartment I would just do that, unless there was something really expensive that I wanted soon, in which case it might be worth going homeless for 6 months and saving an extra 650 dollars a month to get there faster.
>>
>gym showers
enjoy getting foot funguses and be felt up by crusty old perverts

>gym lockers
lol might as well leave it out in the open
>>
what does it tell you about modern society, when people are forced to live like this?
>>
>>38301742
No at certain gyms you can rent private ones away from the rest of them. More secure.
>>
>>38301803
It tells us that we need to shut down the federal reserve.
>>
>>38301491
>What the fuck would you do all day?
Waste the day on the internet, same as what we do now. You could also read worthwhile books and expand your knowledge. Or do online work as one anon suggested.
>The library won't let a random homeless guy stay there all day, every day.
If you have clean clothes and shower, and OP covered those bases, they won't know you're homeless, although I don't think a lot of libraries would care anyway.
>How would you get away from normies for any reasonable length of time?
Put on headphones and immerse yourself in whatever you're doing at the library. You could also buy a tent and sleep innawoods and feel secure in your own little bubble to get that escape time.
>>
Have you actually tried this OP or are you living out some fantasy that you're too much of a pussy to follow through on?
Also, you're right to want to be homeless in a safe white suburb, but one of the reasons they're safe is because they do a good job keeping out homeless people. You couldn't evade them forever, and you don't want to be homeless elsewhere.
>>
>>38302311
Makes sense>>38302311
Origii
>>
Oh look, another idiot fantacizig about cheating the system but too much of a fucking pussy to actually follow his own advice
>>
Where does the 100 bucks a month come from if you are homeless and neet?
>>
>>38301187
Don't bother with paying for the locker just hide your stuff in a hole or on top of a tree somewhere secluded.

Your also failing to take food into account and the initial purchases of a sleeping bag and such.

Do this in a small town, go out to the middle of nowhere and grow your own food. Carrots and potatoes are really easy. Buy cheap old bread in the meantime and once a month buy some meat.

Basically just live like medieval peasants.
>>
>>38301187
More than half of the things that are possible in the US (or wherever you are) are impossible here. It fucking sucks, plus it's only possible to survive homeless in the summer for about 1 month, because it's almost always cold and it rains and the winters are cold and harsh.
t. was homeless in a shit country
>>
>>38301803
Nobody is forced to live like. This is for neets who don't want to work and people who want to save a shit ton of money.
>>
>>38302388
Its called planning and thinking of hypotheticals for the future. Something a low iq nigger like you will never understand.
>>
>>38301187
>ignoring the cost of food
>>
>>38301187
>unroll high quality sleeping bag behind obstructed buildings or on business rooftops in safe white suburbs and wear a thick sweater and face mask when cold: 0 bucks a month
I wish this were safe, but even in the most quiet little neighborhoods around me I'd still be completely sketched out doing this. Where the fuck would that actually work?
>>
>>38302768
Homelessness is not like sitting on your ass all day in mommy's basement. Whatever plans, hypotheses and fantasies you have about being homeless will be crushed the first night you have to spend outside.
>>
>>38301187
Because i would rather spend my bux on rent and shit so i can have a place for myself. I'm to paranoid to go hobo.
>>
File: 236I.jpg (48KB, 932x960px) Image search: [Google]
236I.jpg
48KB, 932x960px
>>38301187
Where will you fap? I won't fap in a gym bathroom, I actually like to enjoy my faps since I'll never be man enough for a girl to see me more than just a "friend"

And what about when it's raining? Where the fuck you're gonna sleep?
>>
someone talk some sense into me, this is seeming like too much of a good idea. I am ready to jump on the housecuck meme
>>
>>38302506
Panhandling, mturk-tier jobs, dumpster diving and pawn shops, coins from public fountains.
>>
>>38302574
A food budget could easily be healthy and cheap, 70 bucks a month. but I think all he was saying was all the benefits of shelter and utility that an apartment can provide can be matched at a much cheaper price. He wasn't factoring in food because apartments don't provide food.
>>
>>38302574
obviously there would be start up costs
>>38303162
Not everyone is a degenerate
>>
>>38303838
How are you going to prepare this food? On a dumpster?
>>
>>38304029
portable plug in pots and hot plates should take care of the cooking part, both which can be stored in locker. Literally a couple knives, sporks and a cutting board that you can eat off that can also be stored in locker. You can eat and prepare food easily at a park or near the gym with your locker.
>>
>>38304144
And where do you plan on getting the electricity to power these plug in pots
No ones going to let you set up a kitchen outside their establishment you larping nigger
>>
>>38303747
It is a romantic notion, but you will be miserable, anxious of getting raped or arrested, and if you stay out there long enough, one or both of those fears will probably become reality.
Exposing yourself to the elements also makes you susceptible to sicknesses that you could not afford to treat on your own. If you're gonna do it, at the very least get a legitimate tent.
>>
>>38304210
The park near my house has outlets. Maybe it's different where you live. If this was gonna work you should find a place that had them, although there are other ways to cook food.
>>
>>38301803
Enlighten us, m8. What does it tell us?
>>
>>38304144
Yes retard go in and out everyday to your gym locker carrying cooking equipment
>>
>>38302311
Honestly you may never get found out if you're clean and in good health, though the sleeping does become an issue.
>>
>>38305174
What would be ideal is if there was a safe suburb in biking distance of the woods. You can camp in the woods and the police won't bother you.
>>
>>38305230
What would be ideal is if you had a house that cost nothing.
>>
Anon, this is a loser mentality.
Sure, we could all just live on the streets, not have a domicile, not have anything we want other than bare necessities, watch Netflix on our mobile phones, not have a car...
Problem is, that is what losers do. Street people. A shoeless dirt person.
You shower in gyms, you use a p.o. box, you probably deal in cash that you carry on your person or bury like some sort of pathetic pirate; Christ, you probably live off of ramen you cook in a 7 eleven microwave every night.
You can pretend you're living some sort of smart life off the grid, but you really aren't; you're just another vagrant.
In reality, you're just feeding whatever low self-esteem monster that lives in your garbage person mind that was built from a sad childhood filled with low expectations.
Be an adult for once and stop trying to justify your low-bar existance and be a better person.
Or you can just hop the rails and have gay sex for that last pack of kools.
>>
>>38301187
now back to real life: if anyone sees a homeless person sleeping in a decent neighborhood, they call the cops, and they come and drag your ass off and probably give you a beating. so youll have to sleep in undesirable neighborhooids and places, which are very dangerous. enjoy being beatn up by other groups of homeless people for your "nice" sleeping bag, enjoy getting knifed in the middle of the night so some other homeless guy can steal your shoes or jacket. or better yet, enjoy a bunch of drunk frat bros looking for a good time who want to kick the shit out of some homeless sleeping guy just for laughs .
>>
>>38307086
This. It is pretty frustrating though that people call the cops. Like if the homeless guy isn't bothering anybody who gives a shit?
>>
>>38301187
>get robbed in the middle of the night by niggers 10 times a month
>>
>>38301187
I spent a month sleeping in my car once. I'd rather not do it again. 700 a month is worth it to me.
>>
>>38301491
not american, but there is free wifi at my uni campus, anyone can just walk into any building, find a queit corner and browse internet all day, I see students playing LoL almost everyday
>>
>>38302629

you'd be dead outside of 2 months before and after summer in england, the majority of the year is a horrible damp cold and you'll catch a virus and die.
>>
>>38301187
I'm Polish and I think all those fantasies about living as a hobo in USA are worthless when you compare it to moving to Poland or Ukraine, buying a tiny old flat in a tiny village far away from big cities and just living there buying cheapest groceries, I honestly think with 20k$ in savings you could live there fairly comfortably for decades if you mostly eat potatoes and eggs and not too much meat, not only is my country much cheaper but it's also safer, it's ideal for western hermit
>>
>>38303059

^
THIS

it's not fun, there will be people that if they find out where a homeless guy is stashing their shit / sleeping they are going to fuck you around
>>
>>38301742
>felt up by hot old daddies
where do i sign up for this?
>>
>>38306365

seen some shit online before, where some neet guy build a fancy tree house in the woods at the back of rich peoples mansions and wasn't found out for years
>>
>>38306967
Thanks for the input Mcdonalds shift supervisor
>>
File: laugh cghr.png (479KB, 1712x1744px) Image search: [Google]
laugh cghr.png
479KB, 1712x1744px
>>38301803
>people are forced to live like this
This is the world that americans chose. No one can afford private housing anymore.
>>
I used to be homeless in suburban USA and do not recommend it. All you guys larping about it should try it. Sure food isn't a big issue although easy to make stuff gets old. Safety is a huge issue. You're always paranoid about rich people calling the cops and it gets to you quickly. You're afraid of people stealing your stuff if it's not on your person. Unlike in cities, you won't be bothered by drug addicts etc but there are different challenges. I camped in the woods for some of the time and lived in this really creepy abandoned house for a while too, it's literally the only abandoned house for miles since it's such a nice area and teenagers used to know about it based on the grafitti but don't seem to anymore. Anyway just try it you'll get tired of it in a hurry, day is wonderful desu but night sucks so hard
>>
>>38308975
By the way I was forced to live like this it wasn't edgy or by choice. God thing mummy let me move back in when December started that was a tough few months and I might have died in winter (northern New England)
>>
>>38307974
>>38308975
>people are gonna try to steal your shit
Which is you store your shit in a private gym locker. Certain gyms offer such a service.
>>
How long can you sustain this? You must have goals and income to make this worthwhile. If your goal is just to buy a house its retarded anyway
>>
>>38308286
>uses the Facebook Frog
Sure is summer in here
>>
>>38307948
That's just a fantasy, to go there you would need to be a citizen, you can't just be a dirty illegal and stay there forever. And to attain citizenship in any country almost, is extremely difficult. A homeless person, or one about to be homeless, is not a desirable person a country would ever want.
>>
I keep seeing threads like this. Can someone who has actually tried homeless life or can life make a thread?
>>
Why not just save money while you still live with mummy and buy a van? It's not much more to maintain and it is much safer and more predictable.
>>
>>38301742
>foot funguses
seriously? is that a common thing?
>>
>>38310932
Yes, that's why you are supposed to wear shower sandals in public showers...
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.