[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw haven't made one single friend in college >starting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1495910251892.jpg (23KB, 494x239px) Image search: [Google]
1495910251892.jpg
23KB, 494x239px
>tfw haven't made one single friend in college
>starting my 3rd year next month

Any other robots in college? How do you cope with having no friends?
>>
>>38293553
I play MMOs. It's fun.
>>
>>38293553

fuck friends. focus on your studies. ace them. go and be successful
>>
>>38293553
It's so hard for me right now. the lack of communication with people is killing me.
I'm actually not in college right now because it's summer break.
But I can go several days without hearing a human voice in person. That being said I've been banned out of all of /r9k/s discords and I don't relate to the threads on /r9k/

I try to exercise, apply for jobs, and watch stuff listen to music to kill the time. It's hard tho.
>>
>>38293553
>Any other robots in college? How do you cope with having no friends?
browsing /r9k/

I am in the same position as you btw, starting junior year, haven't made any friends
>>
i heard that if you don't make friends on the first 3 days you're fucked
>>
>>38293932
>fuck friends
>go an be successful
yeah getting a job is about grades and not networking

force yourself to find friends somehow, otherwise you won't get a job and you'll be doubly fucked. t. didn't make friends in college, unmployed
>>
Joins clubs, smile more, and talk to people about mundane crap. Your generic advice right here~
>>
>>38294019

then start your own company. be your own boss. or do your own shit.
starting your own company is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

most people stay away because of uncertainty and they also want work-life balance.

if you have no friends you have all the fucking time in the world to dedicate to your one endeavor. if u fail then fuck it, u already have nothing to lose.

if you have a robot personality its fucking good rn with all the ai and computer jobs rising.

we're not normal people we cant do the whole networking shit easily at all. at most u can try and have 'one foot in the door' so you dont cut yourself entire from the normie world.

conversely this kinda robot thing comes very naturally to us. i made 9k in my bedroom doing websites and freelance programming gigs. i learnt all this shit from youtube and free resources online. u dont need to rely on school for your education. most normies cant last half a day seated in front of their computer. believe it or not we have powers normies dream to have.

be smart. we're born into this world with different abilities. we gotta play the game a different way.
>>
>>38293553
if you can't make a friend in that socially rich environment, then where possibly could you?
>>
>>38294384
Most degrees can't just start their own company.
>>
>>38293553
You should really make that your priority because once you graduate, you will never, ever have the possibility to make friends again.
>>
File: handshakedad.jpg (12KB, 211x300px) Image search: [Google]
handshakedad.jpg
12KB, 211x300px
>>38293553
"You'd make a lot of great friends if you worked, Champ."
>>
I am starting, I went to orientation two weeks ago and I didn't make a single friend. I don't have to cope because I don't want friends, sometimes they just pop up and weasel their way in but I have no desire to seek them out. There's a club I'm wanting to join, but the social aspect is off-putting.
>>
>>38294019
You can just do internships, there is no need to waste time with "friends"
>>
>>38293553
5th year in college here.. it's kinda easy once you stop caring about having friends. They're honestly a pain in the ass to have in college anyway because most of the time they want to party.

But if you're craving social interaction, suggest study groups and see if anyone you invite show up/invites you.

Other choice is to rush a fraternity if you're male. If you're female, you're better off staying away from "Greek" life.
>>
>>38294561
>rush

What?
>>
>>38294641
It's the term for "trying to join a fraternity"
>>
I have one friend-like person, but he is probably using me for the grades.
It gets kind of awkward always sitting alone during lectures and what else, but you get used to it. It is only annoying if you have to message the teacher for a partner...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.