[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth it to spend over $1,000 on a Energy Star certified

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: washer dryer.jpg (72KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
washer dryer.jpg
72KB, 600x801px
is it worth it to spend over $1,000 on a Energy Star certified washer and dryer?
>>
>>38286167
Yes. $500 is around the price range for either of them separately anyway. Newer washers and dryers are way more efficient and cost less to run. Make sure it can fit through the doorways in your house tho.
>>
>>38286167
Front loading washer. Good lad. You've picked the right set, they can save you lots of money in the long run. Bit of advice though, don't use the dryer unless you absolutely need to. I hang my clothes and sheets on a fold up drying rack ($20 from Amazon) and let the cool breeze dry my clothes. Saves me about $20-$30/month my estimate from my power bill. In the winter, hang them inside so the moisture can act as a humidifier. Air drying also extends the life of your clothes since drying machines shrink and tear your clothes, requiring you to buy clothes more often. Free yourself from the dry Jew and the fabric Jew.
>>
>>38286767

Would air drying make clothes super starching and scratchy?
>>
>>38286815
Not if you use fabric softener. I have this plastic ball I fill with it and the vibration is supposed to pop it open during the spin or agitate cycle. Doesn't work that well though, maybe I need a different ball. You just gotta add it at the right time. Makes my shirts ultra soft and nice smelling.
>>
>>38286876
Another thing I forgot to add, zero static.
>>
>>38286767
>Saves me about $20-$30/month my estimate
Just how often do you do laundry ?

Even if we assume its 5,000w dryer at 12c per kWh , you must have been using it 40+ hours/month to save that much money.
>>
>>38287224
I probably did the math wrong then. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with my fiancee. We do laundry maybe 1-2 times per week. We don't have energy efficient machines, so I don't know the exact amount. When we switched to using the rack we also got a smart thermostat and I got really anal about the temperature. Our bill went from being about $100 to $55-60. We live in the deep south. Also, not running the dryer means your A/C doesn't have to compensate for the increase in temperature in the house. Efficient models may have better insulation though. Another thing to note is that energy doesn't cost the same at all times of the day. Typically, it is more expensive to run appliances on week nights from 5-8pm. That's when the electric Jews charge more for kwhrs.

Sorry, I'm not really knowledgeable about the details of washers and dryers, but I do know how to save money.
>>
You need a hand crank thing to dry clothes outside!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.