[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is starting college so hard? There's SO MUCH paperwork.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: steak.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
steak.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Why is starting college so hard?

There's SO MUCH paperwork. So much to do. I need to call my old high school and get them to send over a transcript. Send a letter to the county with multiple proofs so I can get a certificate of residence. Get a physical examination and immunization records from the doctor's office. Fill out federal and state financial aid forms, with all my income and taxes that I've filed in the last years, apply for scholarships and awards, schedule placement testing then registration after that, rsvp for orientation and more and more and more and more there's SO MUCH TO DO AHHHH.

Every thing with it's own specific requirements and forms to fill and paperwork to provide and one single mistake fucks the whole process up. How do people do this?

It would be so much easier if they could actually streamline the process into one easy checklist. Do this, do that, when everything's done you're all set. Instead it's this schizophrenic mishmash of shit spread out all over multiple webpages hidden in little nooks and crannies on the college website. Not only there, but also in the state's website, and the county's website, and none of them interact or talk to each other so there's really no way of ever knowing when you missed something.

Do they seriously expect braindead 18 year old kids to figure all this out?
>>
>>38285707
Think of it as natural selection

Original comment
>>
>>38285707
did you drop out from HS. normally you get helped in HS for that stuff. but if you drop out you're on your own.
>>
I'm starting college this year too, it's a pain in the ass. My fafsa didn't even go through correctly so i have to fix that soon.
>>
>>38285707
that's the first filter. i will admit that it is a bit tedious and annoying but if you think that it is difficultthen save yourself the tens of thousands of dollars worth of debt and join the military or get a blue collar job.
the second filter happens in your first year or if you are kinda smart then it would be postponed and take place in your second year.
>>
Where do you live? Not only did I not have to do any single one of those things I did not even need to use my real name.
>>
>>38285744
I'm starting as an adult student.

>>38285929
I've been to college before and it was stupidly easy. Classes are a joke. If all I had to do was pass my classes I wouldn't complain.

>>38285963
I live in New York- free tuition starting this fall for households earning <$100,000 annually!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.