[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else suffering in the nihilistic void but unwilling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10

File: 1494792448504.jpg (32KB, 479x377px) Image search: [Google]
1494792448504.jpg
32KB, 479x377px
Is anyone else suffering in the nihilistic void but unwilling to leave it? And feeling besieged on all sides by people who want to control your behaviour? I want to live according to my views but it is hard.

I see propaganda, cucked ideologies, humanity denying ideologies, self sacrificing cucks, snake oil salesmen, and plain old stupid people everywhere.

Personally I trust my intelligence and my intuitions and taste (and the intelligence underlying my taste) but simply trying to live according to this is like living on an island. I'm not going to pretend I am a happy le edgy loner. Great friends would be a big bonus. A society that doesn't consider me an idiot for not reading Tolstoy would be a bonus.

I want to be able to give up on reading a book after 10 pages due to boredom, a famous book such as war and peace or great expectations, and not feel guilty about the attacks by pseudo intellectuals who claim I should be enjoying it and finding "great insights" in it. I cave to the societal pressure even though they're all pseuds.

I want to be able to note the simple fact that women live lives on easy mode and not suffer from the huge amounts of propaganda saying the opposite. You can't even say this on 4chan.

I want to call the famous post modern magnum opuses fatuous, overwrought shit. I want to laugh at the deformed people who go in to publishing, the media, and humanities academia. I want to do all this without feeling like I'm under siege by the pseudo intellectuals (like a lot of lit).
>>
File: crying.jpg (94KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
crying.jpg
94KB, 645x773px
>>38279486
First I was a /pol/ack. Then I discovered the economic reasons behind degeneracy and immigration and went over to /leftypol/. Then I read Spengler and lost all hope in the future.
>>
File: 1426788635477.png (158KB, 1000x963px) Image search: [Google]
1426788635477.png
158KB, 1000x963px
embrace asceticism and absurdism

become a living meme
>>
File: 1482124729770.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1482124729770.png
42KB, 655x509px
>>38279486
>tfw too scared to kill yourself
>>
>>38279489

>tfw seeing helper actually makes you sad
>>
>>38279486
This post reeks of fluoxetine and dried cum stains
>>
>>38279487
What are the economic reasons behind degeneracy and immigration??
>>
>>38279486
Dollars to donuts this poster is an un-diagnosed clinical narcissist. You don't want friends, you want admirers. You don't want knowledge, you want people to tell you you're intelligent. You feel empty and unfulfilled because you can only get your gratification from other people in the form of their adulation.
>>
>>38279493
/thread
>>
File: multifeel.gif (36KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
multifeel.gif
36KB, 200x146px
>>38279486
This happened to me when I became spookless.

I was told "enlightened intelligence" would make me euphoric, that freedom from superstition would help me focus on what really matters, but that is not the case. I have no motivation to do anything because nothing matters in the end and all that's coming is death. I can't let go and enjoy anything without the nagging thought that nothing has value or meaning.

I used to be a happy go lucky whippersnapper who took what he could get and didn't lament what he couldn't, who tried to make something fun out of everything and had all sorts of goals and drives, now I am a jaded defeatist fatalistic nihilist. At least when I cared about bullshit I cared about something, now I don't care about anything except the horrors of reality which are impossible to avoid.

Life is bending over backwards to impress normies only to fail to meet their standards and be humiliated anyway. Even if I put in a herculean effort I will never achieve much more than a wage a bit above minimum and a few nerdy friends to share feels with and maybe a chubby gf who had to settle for me and will probably leave me for some random reason, I will never be as successful as people who put in a herculean effort AND whose life went perfectly from day 1 besides meme problems like having an ear infection, were free from mental illness and acclimatized to socializing from an early age. The chances of me becoming a scientist and achieving biological immortality are minute to the point it makes me question whether that might be a spook also and I would be wasting my only life dedicating myself to it. I am terrified of waking up alone one day and seeing a lonely old guy in the mirror with a flabby wrinklygut, I unironically would welcome death before that point.
>>
>>38279493
How can I change this? Suicide?
>>
File: idpol.jpg (34KB, 480x426px) Image search: [Google]
idpol.jpg
34KB, 480x426px
>>38279492
New devices for household tasks led to the decline of the role of women as primarily housekeepers. This combined with a desire to lower wages by increasing demand led to a push for women to become independent and enter the workforce at the same level as men. After all, making more people economically independent = more consumption. The rest of "Degenerate" culture also usually comes in the form of profitable fads like music genres.

As for immigration, capitalism demands continuous growth, but the need for short term growth led to a push for women to do more and more full-time work, which in turn made fertility rates plummet. Now countries want to keep their population high or otherwise their GDPs will decline, so they jumped at the chance when millions of migrants started coming to Europe in the early 2010's.
>>
>>38279486
I used to, but then i noticed that a lot of people are just like me. and if you put your focus outside of yourself and your own suffering, there are a lot of good hardworking caring people in your life, or just within grasp of it. and usually they are found where you least expect them; a mcdonalds employee, a gardener, a teacher etc.

And also ive become more compasionate since ive realised most of these issues come from people who are deeply insecure and suffering.

But yes, sometimes especially at night the pure weight of idiocy, insecurity, and nihilism even among people in the world makes me feel weak. Like its too much of a burden to try and be a good person and alleviate others suffering.

and if you cant see the issue with nihilism and dont understand what i mean by a "good" person, this talk by proffesor Jordan Petersson helped me alot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLvd_ZbX1w0
>>
File: 1492301447725.jpg (13KB, 282x287px) Image search: [Google]
1492301447725.jpg
13KB, 282x287px
>>38279486
How can a person who claims to believe in nothing be so afraid of everything?

Cynicism is also a close cousin to cowardice.
>>
>>38279499
Years of conditioning can't simply be willed away
>>
File: spengler21.jpg (115KB, 397x600px) Image search: [Google]
spengler21.jpg
115KB, 397x600px
>>38279499
Optimism is cowardice
>>
>>38279497
The really mindfucking thing about all of this is that this whole insanity with migrants is happening just to keep the system going. It's not about the people anymore, it's all being done literally to keep an artificial system alive and the numbers on screens green. Fuck.
>>
File: mammon.jpg (315KB, 858x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mammon.jpg
315KB, 858x1024px
>>38280455
Yep, and that's just one part of it. Read up on the consolidation state, western countries are now slowly dismantling their social security systems and turning into partly privately owned capital farms.
http://nearfuturesonline.org/the-life-and-time-of-the-european-consolidation-state/
>>
>>38279495
Hey I also considered becoming a scientist out of want for immortality due to a lack of meaning in my life and figuring if I ever decide on a goal the best way would be to make sure I have all the time I need to do it. However I'm nothing special so no chance of that.
Meaning is what is meant by something, and only humans can give meaning, so when you said you found meaning in things and then didn't, it's up to you. It doesn't matter cause we die? Would it matter if we didn't die? You would probably end up forgetting it, or it would just collect dust. In addition, you can't revisit the past, so is the present all we have?
>>
>>38280147
Quite the opposite friendo, im not optimistic at all but it's more courageous because cynicism is safe and preoares itself for the fall. However, being optimistic means putting care into something, and having further to fall. With more risk, it is less cowardly than cynicism
>>
>>38279493
This. However what he said about war and peace seems good, but he's just giving too much of a shit about what people on the internet he'll never meet think. Just do what you want, ffs
>>
>>38279495
Just throwing this out there cause I sense some similarities, eve though I guess these are things most of the board feels, but still.
[email protected]
>>
File: images (1).jpg (13KB, 254x400px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13KB, 254x400px
Read this book anon
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.